[ROM] CM7.2 Port for Optimus S by thekraven 3/9 zvd only

brad10281

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: [ROM] CM7.2 Port for Optimus S by thekraven 2/7/2012 zvd only

Is there any known issues about not being able to turn the GPS off? I'm running the 2.7.2012 Barebones build, everything is working great except for the fact that I can't turn off the GPS. If I attempt to turn it off it just turns back on. I wanted to check here before flashing any of the GPS fix patches.

m3rkman

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site

flashed this rom after nand backup from stock rooted 2.2 rom using xionia recovery, after wiping everything cannot nand restore to froyo backup, only get "error: run nandroid-mobile.sh recovery via adb"
It's a really sweet rom that i wanted to check out but i would like to go back to my stock backup

aaronrw

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site

So does anyone else have a problem getting data2ext working? I normally use it an have not had a problem with earlier builds. I see it as a must have to get all the apps I want an then some on this phone.

I'm running the barebones 2/7 build and the apps2sd cm7 function is working for me. Also had over 100mb of storage space left after the ROM install

Buddlespit

Wannabe kewl
Jan 27, 2011
Visit site

So does anyone else have a problem getting data2ext working? I normally use it an have not had a problem with earlier builds. I see it as a must have to get all the apps I want an then some on this phone.

Ya, I'm having issues with data2ext. Or, I was having issues. I stopped trying...:-\

deathangel1496

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site

Was anything sound driver related changed in 2/7 build? Nothing sounds the same with the same dsp manager settings as before through my headphones

acromack

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site

I reached a point where I could no longer get data2ext to work either on new flashes of cm7.2, so that's why I still have my nandroid backup of the 12/22 build (or thereabouts). I just restore back to that when I'm tired of the new ICS build, or something goes wrong. Works fine so far. I get the feeling data2ext, as it currently exists, is quickly getting outdated and is in need of an overhaul. Might be a project in my future. I initially wanted to get it working for ICS but might have to tackle GB (specifically CM7.2) first. Ah, we'll see what happens anyway..

hman333

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
well, if one of ya has it working, that means I can. Never really had a problem with it. been using the same flash file an command line instructions since I was on a htc hero awhile ago. takes a bit to input it all, but it always worked. There was a couple times where it didn't, but I feel it was user error :)

I have also had issues on the newest build with data2ext, kraven said he would try to look into it.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

PatrickAkridge

"The Button Pusher"
Sep 23, 2011
Visit site

Just wondering... Has anyone been having the "rays of color bursts" in the background where it should be black??

To the nerds - I mean 16 bit color..

Kraven said over in the CM9 thread to edit the build.prop file.

tlrsax54

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site

Just wondering... Has anyone been having the "rays of color bursts" in the background where it should be black??

To the nerds - I mean 16 bit color..

Kraven said over in the CM9 thread to edit the build.prop file.

I never had this problem on CM7...I edited the build.prop on my phone (CM9) and it made no difference...

arizanic

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site

Is there a zip for the ics status bar mod available for the 2/17 build

CardcaptorRLH85

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site

curious, what methods are ya'll using to get it working? I've read a few different approaches, honestly, my approach I have not even read is an option for this phone :)
data2ext4-V4 - zip found at xda
format an extension of 1024 on my sdcard via recovery.
from the Terminal Emulator:
Ensure that mmcblk0p2 isn't mounted anywhere. You can do this by running mount|egrep mmcblk0p2. If that returns anything, the ext partition is mounted, please unmount it using this command in Terminal Emulator: umount /sd-ext or umount /dev/block/mmcblk0p2
mke2fs -m0 -b4096 /dev/block/mmcblk0p2
tune2fs -O extents,uninit_bg,dir_index /dev/block/mmcblk0p2
e2fsck -yf /dev/block/mmcblk0p2
tune2fs -o journal_data_writeback /dev/block/mmcblk0p2
tune2fs -O ^has_journal /dev/block/mmcblk0p2
data2ext --enable

This is the same method that I used to initially create my Data2Ext partition. When you flash a new ROM though, you only need to flash the data2ext4-V4.zip and then run the 'data2ext --enable' command in the terminal. You don't have to do all of the interim steps every time.

destinriche

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site

@leaven thx for cm7 much better than without, I flashed cm9 5 times got it working but I gotta get metro so iwent tocm7 smh sprint is robbing me -@destinriche

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol