Page 103 of 104 FirstFirst ... 100101102103104 LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,575 of 2587
Like Tree222Likes

Default Re: [ROM] CM7.2 Port for Optimus S by thekraven 3/9 zvd only

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnny4 View Post
    Thanks for the reply but if Iam reading that isn't the right one, first I need to get back to stock recovery and i don't see a way to do that on that page, unless I am missing it.
    flash the ZVD downgrade twice. see the shortcuts in the reference section.

Default Re: [ROM][WIP] CM7 Port for Optimus S by thekraven 9-27-2011

Quote Originally Posted by thekraven View Post
    which Rom are you using? The 9/25 or 9/27? I updated the centerclock patch for the 9/27 Roms last night. The frameworks changed a lot in those two builds, so a new centerclock patch was needed. I have it working on ADW and LP on the 9/27 build. Testing out the Cotton Candy theme. Only thing bugging me is the notification overlay of the clock, I'll work on that.
    ADW...........................................................................................LP
    Does anyone know where to find this theme or did the name change to CandyColorSwap ADWTheme? Thanks in advance!
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2553  

ROM
    kraven cm7/CM9

I can't remember what it is. I think it was more like cotton candy mdpi theme by a girl at rootzwiki
    Thanked by:

Thanks Kraven, for your work on this. Reborn was my first and only Rom since getting my Opti. I was very happy with it's stability as a daily driver and it's snappiness but was afraid to try anything else because of those very reasons. I took the CM7 plunge and I wish I didn't wait so long. It's an absolutely stable and smooth Rom and it has everything I want and need in a daily driver....and then some! Thanks again.

I really like most of kraven's roms. I've almost tried them all and this is the latest one I'm on right now. Just wish I somehow can get slim rom to cooperate with me as far as low memory due to the apps I've reinstalled from backup. This works for me until I get my hands on a upgrade. Oops hit the submit button too soon

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

I have an Optimus that is currently running DanteRom on ZVJ. I would like to try this Rom out but want to make sure I have the right steps in order...since it looks like things have changed since the OP was created.

Is this correct:
    1)Create nandroid backup
    2)wipe cache, delvick, and data
    3) flash ROM
    4) flash ZVD to ZVJ patch-OptS-08162012.zip (190.75KB)
    5) reboot

Am I missing anything? Do I need to flash a gapps version?

Thanks
    Diane
    Axe

ROM
    Reborn ROM, CM9 Touchpad

I believe any ROM not based on stock requires the gapps to be flashed after the initial ROM. This ROMs write up sounded confusing to me compared to the ICS or Jelly Bean flavors. Maybe I'm just imagining things.
    Racer of Elevators

ROM
    Paranoid Android / CM7

Quote Originally Posted by stlarenas View Post
    I have an Optimus that is currently running DanteRom on ZVJ. I would like to try this Rom out but want to make sure I have the right steps in order...since it looks like things have changed since the OP was created.

Is this correct:
    1)Create nandroid backup
    2)wipe cache, delvick, and data
    3) flash ROM
    4) flash ZVD to ZVJ patch-OptS-08162012.zip (190.75KB)
    5) reboot

Am I missing anything? Do I need to flash a gapps version?

Thanks
    Diane
    Not sure which recovery you are using, but I would wipe or format /system along with the other wipes. Then, yes, you will want to flash the Gapps before rebooting; thekraven had one with VVM working available for this ROM.

You may wish to consider moving your radio back to ZVD if you are going to start flashing, as it appears to be the more versatile of the lot and will save you that extra patch in several cases. Many report the data to be more reliable as well.
    If you are inclined to spend a lot of money and want a pretty trophy with which to pass the next few years of your life that talks to you in a condescending voice, can't navigate to save its life, expects full control over all you do, demands $13 for a $3 purchase, allegedly has a single recessed button, needs an expensive computer and a credit card to do anything, hates your music and has purses designed just for it...

Get married to someone you hate... or get an iPhone.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    New to LG's premium Android phone? Check out the Optimus S Welcome Guide.
    Used ROM Mangler on your Optimus S and having problems? Try this.
    Axe likes this.
    Axe

ROM
    Reborn ROM, CM9 Touchpad

Since I haven't tried this ROM yet, can someone briefly compare the functionality difference to the GTR Reloaded port?

ROM
    Changes Daily

Quote Originally Posted by epidenimus View Post

You may wish to consider moving your radio back to ZVD if you are going to start flashing, as it appears to be the more versatile of the lot and will save you that extra patch in several cases. Many report the data to be more reliable as well.
    Really? I've gone out of my way to bring my ov to zvj and though I can't rule out placebo effect I think zvj gets better more reliable service. I am pretty sure in most cases I get about one bar more then any zvd variant.

Tapatalk'n it from my VM670 running OM-Mandylion on LS670ZVJ firmware

Quote Originally Posted by thewraith420 View Post
    Really? I've gone out of my way to bring my ov to zvj and though I can't rule out placebo effect I think zvj gets better more reliable service. I am pretty sure in most cases I get about one bar more then any zvd variant.

Tapatalk'n it from my VM670 running OM-Mandylion on LS670ZVJ firmware
    My GPS is always crappy on ZVJ. Makes Google Maps almost unusable.

ROM
    RasbeanJelly/DanteRom v4

Default [ROM] CM7.2 Port for Optimus S by thekraven 3/9 zvd only

Quote Originally Posted by daisychopper View Post
    My GPS is always crappy on ZVJ. Makes Google Maps almost unusable.
    GPS has nothing to do with the radio. GPS controls are part of the kernel and rom itself. Now it is possible that stock ZVJ has GPS issues (never heard of any but this is a possibility) but it is not related to the radio itself.
    Racer of Elevators

ROM
    Paranoid Android / CM7

True, but if he is navigating and Maps/Navigation needs a data connection, it could play into a poor experience.
    If you are inclined to spend a lot of money and want a pretty trophy with which to pass the next few years of your life that talks to you in a condescending voice, can't navigate to save its life, expects full control over all you do, demands $13 for a $3 purchase, allegedly has a single recessed button, needs an expensive computer and a credit card to do anything, hates your music and has purses designed just for it...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ROM
    RasbeanJelly/DanteRom v4

Default [ROM] CM7.2 Port for Optimus S by thekraven 3/9 zvd only

Quote Originally Posted by epidenimus View Post
    True, but if he is navigating and Maps/Navigation needs a data connection, it could play into a poor experience.
    I will give you that. My experience with both basebands was they got about the same signal level on phone and data, but if I had to give an edge it would be for the ZVJ baseband. But with that in mind, different areas of the country pull from different spectrums of the cellular bandwidth, and as such I feel that certain radios will function better on different bands of the spectrum. So someone in the Midwest can have a completely different experience than someone on the west coast. So in that regard I can concede the point to a degree.

So I would suggest if you are pleased with cellular and data connections, don't switch! It is easy enough to apply the baseband patch if you want to run a zvd rom on a ZVJ radio.

I found a relatively minor bug today. If you have the htc-sense style previews turned on for the desktop, and you also use the new dockbar, then the dockbar has to be visible for the previews to work (otherwise, the screen just hangs for a while.)

I finally figured out my problems logging into my google account: I had 2-step Verification turned on in my Google Account.

2 Step Verification does not work with older Android devices!

After a clean install of this ROM I was entering my password into Google like normal and getting a 'wrong user/pass' notice, and was completely frustrated. I turned off 2-Step Verification and got in instantly. You may also be able to use the 'use application-specific password' in the Google privacy options to make it work, but I didn't try that.

Love the ROM! Thanks a million!
    Thanked by:

For some reason my phone is unable to connect to the internet when using wifi, however, its data connection works. I've tried reflashing and dirty flashing, both to no avail. It is quite puzzling, since my laptop can connect to the wifi fine.

ROM
    CM7/CM9

By far my favorite rom. I sometimes switch around to another rom, but nothing delivers like this. On another rom there's always something up about it. Whether is mms, sms, data, speed, storage, OS, other roms just can't live up the the expectations and requirements I really need in a rom. Thank you TheKraven.

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums

Yep have to agree, this rom is awesome. I've been on it for a good while & it's the last rom I flashed before my upgrade to the prevail. I tried reborn, S rom, CAI, oxygen & even slim rom but failed on that attempt. So I decided on this one, maybe old but still the greatest!

Sent from my LG-LS670 using cm7 cotton candy

ROM
    CM7/CM9

Absolutely love this rom, it has many things I just can't live without. While there are many things I LOVE about it, I've noticed that after a while (maybe its just me) many settings options say they're working but don't do anything. When this happens I need to reflash the rom and start over. It gets very frustrating having to reflash all the time. The only other zip I flashed with the rom was the Amphetamines speed tweak thing. I'm not sure if thats what is causing the problem but Im just stating the problem.

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by hlxanthus View Post
    GPS has nothing to do with the radio. GPS controls are part of the kernel and rom itself. Now it is possible that stock ZVJ has GPS issues (never heard of any but this is a possibility) but it is not related to the radio itself.
    Interesting; it may have been the ROM/kernel then. The GPS would take forever to get a lock (or would just never get a lock); it's what kept me off of HydroROM and the one other ZVJ ROM I'd tried at the time.

I've been using this Rom on my disasters phone for a couple of months without issue. However lately she has been having trouble with her data signal (slow /no connections, missed or delayed texts etc)

I was thinking that updating her PRL might help.

Do you agree?
    If so, what is the easiest way to do this, it doesn't look like it is an option in cm7?

If not, what else can I check for?

Thanks

Edit... Hehe I meant my daughters, not disasters, phone.... But at 14 disaster is often the better descriptor :-D

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    Racer of Elevators

ROM
    Paranoid Android / CM7

Quote Originally Posted by stlarenas View Post
    I've been using this Rom on my disasters phone for a couple of months without issue. However lately she has been having trouble with her data signal (slow /no connections, missed or delayed texts etc)

I was thinking that updating her PRL might help.

Do you agree?
    If so, what is the easiest way to do this, it doesn't look like it is an option in cm7?

If not, what else can I check for?

Thanks

Edit... Hehe I meant my daughters, not disasters, phone.... But at 14 disaster is often the better descriptor :-D
    I had this problem too with my Sprint device. I changed carriers and it went away!
    Seriously, it is most likely something carrier side.

You can try a PRL and profile update and that may help. You will need to use a stock-based ROM to do this. Easiest way is to:
    Make a nandroid backup in recovery, then restore a stock-based ROM nandroid.
    Perform the PRL and profile update in your stock-based ROM, then restore your CM7 nandroid.

Cant get the mobile data connection work. Using 3-9-12 build. What s the problem? Calls texting wifi works. But the mobiledata doesnt.

Quote Originally Posted by talapbekov View Post
    Cant get the mobile data connection work. Using 3-9-12 build. What s the problem? Calls texting wifi works. But the mobiledata doesnt.
    You may want to try flashing LeslieAnn's Rhode Utility ROM if you're on an OV.
    Thanked by: