[ROM] CM7.2 Port for Optimus S by thekraven 3/9 zvd only

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Re: [ROM] CM7.2 Port for Optimus S by thekraven 2/7/2012 zvd only

You will need mdpi, hdpi will push files to the wrong folder in the frameworks or systemui.apk, so you will not see any changes.

You can try the different kernels and see how they perform with games.

Last edited:

Ryuk6666

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site

ok. ill get some new ones thanks for the help guys :) and good job on the new cm9 build kraven cant wait to try it out once its in its beta stages :D

uberjam545

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site

Not much of a fan of CM, it's just a little too different. But i decieded to try this one over the weekend anyway. Just wanted to tell you that I didn't have any problems with it, no bugs, glitches, or anything weird, and that you did a very good job with this one. But now I'm switching back to reborn still had some fun with this though (espicallly becuase it's been so long since i did anything cool like this on my phone. :D

Pkt_Lnt

yes, that old
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

So, I woke up this morning an my phone had no mobile service at all. no text, no calling, nothing! just the little x over the top of shaded signal bars. Has anyone else experienced this? I had to re-format card an roll back to vd update to get my service working again. First for me, anyone else? Thoughts on what the hell happened? again, phone just layed there overnight, with wifi on. powered on when I got up, no mobile service, no network, nothing!

Yes, I had it, and I think one of two others on an earlier test build. I restored the Froyo rooted that I keep for doing PRL updates once a month or so.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-optimus-s-rooting-roms-hacks/86749-gingerbreaked-stock-vd.html

That restored my radio. Never had it since.

Pkt_Lnt

yes, that old
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

ah, I just reverted to a vd udpate I had lyin around. I"ll try again from square 1. really like this rom. Hope it doesn't happen again. clueless as to why it happened thought.

The reason is Lubarsky's Law. :)

DoesItMatter

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site

Been a while since I've posted - been so busy with work.

Anyway, I'm still running the 12/22 build and it has been solid for me.

Only issue I have is MMS messaging and Text messaging.

Occasionally MMS messages fail to send the pic, I just need to do a re-send and it works.

Also, Text messaging, I have to be below 160 characters, it won't auto-split the text.

Are these known and still being worked on? I can deal with it, not a big deal, but was wondering if there were fixes?

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site

I updated to the current build (2-7 I believe?), and I'm having some problems - mostly with the settings. When I set a screen brightness, the setting won't stick when I turn the screen off and back on. Also, auto rotate will not toggle - only when I restart will it switch on or off. When I try to get into the settings in the messaging app, the entire phone freezes for about half a minute before the settings force close on me as well. I don't know if this is a unique problem, but it is really annoying. I followed all the flashing instructions, and flashed in addition to the ROM:
The offline charging mod (2.7.CM7.offline.charge.booting.bootimg2.zip) (as a side note, this mod didn't work for me either - when I restarted the phone and left it plugged in, it went right to the charging screen and stopped the reboot)
the Visual Voice Mail fix (VVMCM7fix.zip)
The Google apps with VVM fix (gapps-20111119-with VVM fix.zip)
Debug-FormatSYSTEM.zip (this was the first thing I flashed after clearing and formatting the various caches as detailed in the instructions)

I am using the recommended Xionia custom recovery (marked Xionia CWMA v1.2518.6 at the bottom of the screen)

This is not a new problem; these issues have been plaguing my phone since the 12/22 build. However, when they did occur, the fix was to shut the phone off and restart it by plugging it in; this doesn't work anymore. I have tried a dirty flash of the ROM, which has also worked in the past, but this did not fix it either. Any advice would be greatly appreciated - Thanks!

Va1ha11a

Troll Headhunter
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site

There is a 2-14 build floating around somewhere. Sorry to make you hunt, but it's within the last 30 pages (for what it's worth) Try flashing that and see if it fixes your problems.

Va1ha11a

Troll Headhunter
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site

I don't know if it is labeled as stable, but I've been swapping between it and kraven's cm9, and I've noticed no bugs so far.

Pkt_Lnt

yes, that old
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

Build of the entire ROM? Is this a stable build?

I don't know if it is labeled as stable, but I've been swapping between it and kraven's cm9, and I've noticed no bugs so far.

I have run the 2/7/12 build since it was in testing as my daily use ROM. Also flipping back and forth testing the CM9 IScream alpha. I would call the 2/7 a post beta ROM; I'm glad it is not deemed "stable" since development usually stops then.

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site

Ahhh, ok, thanks...I tried a factory reset (from the recovery) out of desperation...and it seems to be working. If it acts up again, though, I'll definitely give it a shot! :D

mycroftholmes

May 30, 2011
Visit site

Great ROM. Anyone figure out how to get Google Maps to use Imperial (miles) instead of SI (kilometers)? I'm in the US not near a border. It displays km when I do a search in places and when I use the tape measure lab in the Maps app. I've tried wiping the Map app's cache, flashing the different gapps zips from the instructions, old TB backups, and installing straight from the Market. Also, tried changing locations in the language settings. No dice. Weird. Seems like it is something in the ROM. I flashed a couple of other ROMS and they showed miles. The CM7 on my Touchpad shows miles and that gapps is also listed in the list for this ROM.

Pkt_Lnt

yes, that old
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

Great ROM. Anyone figure out how to get Google Maps to use Imperial (miles) instead of SI (kilometers)? I'm in the US not near a border. It displays km when I do a search in places and when I use the tape measure lab in the Maps app. I've tried wiping the Map app's cache, flashing the different gapps zips from the instructions, old TB backups, and installing straight from the Market. Also, tried changing locations in the language settings. No dice. Weird. Seems like it is something in the ROM. I flashed a couple of other ROMS and they showed miles. The CM7 on my Touchpad shows miles and that gapps is also listed in the list for this ROM.

Miles all the way here. I go through all setting and CM settings to make sure all my locales, languages, time zones, etc., are correct from my Left Coast home.

mycroftholmes

May 30, 2011
Visit site

Miles all the way here. I go through all setting and CM settings to make sure all my locales, languages, time zones, etc., are correct from my Left Coast home.

Thanks, I'm in the midwest.

So is there a way to set locales besides in the Language tab? I even tried changing to UK English and then back to US English. I thought I went through the CM settings with a fine tooth comb.

I neglected to mention that it shows miles when I use Navigation. The km distances only show up when I use Places to search nearby and the tape measure lab on Maps.

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site

I looked into it. It seems to be common with everyone on the google maps forum, it gets fixed and breaks with every maps release. The labs part is experimental features till it gets added officially. I don't see where to switch it in the rom. About Labs - Maps Help

It still could be a rom setting.

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2012
Visit site

I'm having a bit of a keyboard issue: when I try to change the KB from stock, the settings don't stick...it'll let me select the other KB, but nothing will actually change. I believe this is a problem with the rom as it happens with both swiftkey and slideit...any advice? I've tried rebooting to no avail. Thanks!

EDIT: Swiftkey says that the keyboard isn't even being enabled.

Last edited:

prowlingfox

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site

Hey Kraven....i'm still having trouble with the 2-7 build.....2 things:

The screen does not display anything upon waking the phone. This happens about 10% of the time. The backlight turns on, but it's just a black screen. I believe this may only happen when the screen-on animation is disabled.

Whenever I try to call a number from my contacts that has the <+1> part preceding the area code, the call will not connect. (The timer will not start, there will be no haptic feedback to show that the call has connected, etc). I have to manually type in the number without the <+1> in order to call the contact.