[ROM] CM7.2 Port for Optimus S by thekraven 3/9 zvd only

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Re: [ROM] CM7.2 Port for Optimus S by thekraven 2/7/2012 zvd only

I'm having a bit of a keyboard issue: when I try to change the KB from stock, the settings don't stick...it'll let me select the other KB, but nothing will actually change. I believe this is a problem with the rom as it happens with both swiftkey and slideit...any advice? I've tried rebooting to no avail. Thanks!

EDIT: Swiftkey says that the keyboard isn't even being enabled.

Try not restoring any data or system settings from titanium backup. And install fresh from the market

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site

Hey Kraven....i'm still having trouble with the 2-7 build.....2 things:

The screen does not display anything upon waking the phone. This happens about 10% of the time. The backlight turns on, but it's just a black screen. I believe this may only happen when the screen-on animation is disabled.

Whenever I try to call a number from my contacts that has the <+1> part preceding the area code, the call will not connect. (The timer will not start, there will be no haptic feedback to show that the call has connected, etc). I have to manually type in the number without the <+1> in order to call the contact.

Are you using the stock kernel? Make sure it's min clock speed is around 220+
+1 is a CM issue, you might try changing the value in the build.prop to 1 or 0 for plus dialing.

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site

Thanks for the advice, but it turns out that another reboot (this is my 3rd...) fixed the problem. This was a very weird bug...

prowlingfox

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site

Are you using the stock kernel? Make sure it's min clock speed is around 220+
+1 is a CM issue, you might try changing the value in the build.prop to 1 or 0 for plus dialing.

I believe I'm using the kernel that came with the ROM....bobzhome v6 or 7? Idk. My min clock is set to 245, oc'd to 748 for normal use. Also I was wrong about it only happening with the animation. It happens either way.

Thanks for the tip on build.prop, I'll try it and let you know

EDIT: Lollllll so in the process of trying to edit build.prop, I think somehow I accidentally deleted it from the system directory before getting it to copy....so now there's no build.prop at all.....I didn't want to take any chances so i booted into recovery. Luckily I had a nandroid from two nights ago so nbd.

EDIT2: Succeeded in editing build.prop, but it didn't make a difference :'(

Last edited:

xplode196

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site

Tried CM9, loved it. Just switched back to this because I need more stable data for the time being. I have an issue though, my status bar doesn't stay black. Like when I open up the browser, it goes white. Other apps, it goes some other color. Any way I can enable persistent black coloring on the top status bar?

EDIT: Found it in the thread

Last edited:

jgdiaz731

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site

I am having issues with my facebook syncing. I do not get any notifications and there are issues with my facebook contacts syncing with my phone contacts. The main issues with the contacts is that it won't sync their facebook profile photos. It is syncing the contact with the profile because it links their profile under the contact information. I know they are only small problems but I personally like how clean the contacts look with everyone's photo and it would take too long to manually edit and save a pic for a lot of my contacts. Thanks

Tyler555

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site

Anybody able to get a nook tablet to successfully tether... mine won't work even when I tested it sucessfully on an iPod and iPad at the same time

Sorry had to reconfigure the network

rossum

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site

Does this ROM have app permissions control, or is that a later version of cyanogenmod?

sjc11221

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site

Is there any known issues about not being able to turn the GPS off? I'm running the 2.7.2012 Barebones build, everything is working great except for the fact that I can't turn off the GPS. If I attempt to turn it off it just turns back on. I wanted to check here before flashing any of the GPS fix patches.

I see the same thing with both 1.16 and 2.7 builds. The only way GPS turns off / on is after a reboot.

I also discovered last night that in the Cyanogen->Sound settings, the only way to enable the "Always play on speaker" checkboxes is to plug in a pair of headphones. I couldn't change the settings without doing so.

glenesis

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Hey, I see all the alpha ROMs coming out, and it is all very exciting, but I can't imagine wanting any features that aren't in this one. I have been livung happily on the latest barebones build, and I love it! I have not run into any problems so far, and it's been running for weeks. My battery life is great, too! Now I need a second OptiS to play around with :)

http://www.131records.com

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site

I am having issues with my facebook syncing. I do not get any notifications and there are issues with my facebook contacts syncing with my phone contacts. The main issues with the contacts is that it won't sync their facebook profile photos. It is syncing the contact with the profile because it links their profile under the contact information. I know they are only small problems but I personally like how clean the contacts look with everyone's photo and it would take too long to manually edit and save a pic for a lot of my contacts. Thanks
I've seen it on 3 different devices now and the problem is the facebook app.

Reactions: CardcaptorRLH85

Jordantw

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

I'm getting very sluggish behavior and constant force closures even after flashing the debug, any thoughts?

Buddlespit

Wannabe kewl
Jan 27, 2011
Visit site

Hopefully, you aren't flashing debug after flashing the rom. Otherwise, you'd be wiping your install.

Pkt_Lnt

yes, that old
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

I've seen it on 3 different devices now and the problem is the facebook app.

Somewhere in this thread o the ICS/CM9 thread, kraven states that the FB app does not work correctly to sync with android. Some of the third party ones like FriendCaster will work. My searches cannot find the specific post, sorry.

Jordantw

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

I'm flashing the debug before I flash the ROM. I also removed setcpu to get rid of any oc complications but I still get the lag and fc/wait/report window very often

Va1ha11a

Troll Headhunter
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site

Removing setcpu does not reset your clock settings back to normal

Buddlespit

Wannabe kewl
Jan 27, 2011
Visit site

I don't know, sin-cal.... My phone was doing the same thing. I just got fed up and reverted to reborn rom. I, too, think it's a hardware thing.

aaronrw

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site

So it happened to me again, was playing wordfued this time, an my phone's vibrator started to buzz over an over. restarted the phone, an again with the x over shaded signal bars, under phone status, ESN, MEID, Network,Signal strength, all goes blank. very very strange. gonna stick with stock for awhile. perhaps it's my hardware?

You may give the Lewa Rom a try before going stock. All is working besides mms, but third party apps do the trick. It's a very good ROM. Cool functions, built in settings like cm.