Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 104 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree222Likes

Default Re: [ROM][WIP] CM7 Port for Optimus S by thekraven 9-2-2011

Man thanks for you sweet rom but i'm having trouble adding a google account . please help
    is anyone experiencing the same problem?
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #27  

ROM
    kraven cm7/CM9

Did you flash Google apps after flashing the ROM? Also which version are you having problems?
    Last edited by thekraven; 09-05-2011 at 06:32 AM.

Nice to see a new Dev on the street. Good work bud!

This ROM works for me, but has the same problem as the previous CM7 ROMs.

If anyone has any good ideas, I'd be a super happy camper.

The problem I documented below makes CM7 ROMs unusable for me (and at least a couple others).

Link: graphic errors on CM7
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #30  

ROM
    kraven cm7/CM9

Try to turn off a setting ... go to Settings..cyanogenmod settings..performance.
    Uncheck Enable surface dithering.
    Make sure JIT is checked.
    Turn on 'Lock home in memory" Check mark that one. This one made a big difference.

Turn off Haptic feedback helps.

Adjust your screen sleeping times too, otherwise it will just keep reloading the screen.

i loaded pvZ and got it running on mine without that graphic error. It does load slow on the loading screen, but during gameplay, it is ok. Sometimes i have to switch to another program and get back to PVZ to get it to correct itself. I have it running at 745 max/320 min and at interactive. Idk, it could be a bad download. I'm not sure how well Amazon does large file checks.

You might try Drew's Gingerkernal. Only thing is it is not overclockable. http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-...ernel-v01.html After playing a few levels, it does run smoother on this kernal.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails [ROM] CM7.2 Port for Optimus S by thekraven 3/9 zvd only-device-2011-09-05-171453.png  
    Last edited by thekraven; 09-06-2011 at 12:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by thekraven View Post
    Try to turn off a setting ... go to Settings..cyanogenmod settings..performance.
    Uncheck Enable surface dithering.
    Make sure JIT is checked.
    Turn on 'Lock home in memory" Check mark that one. This one made a big difference.

Turn off Haptic feedback helps.

Adjust your screen sleeping times too, otherwise it will just keep reloading the screen.

i loaded pvZ and got it running on mine without that graphic error. It does load slow on the loading screen, but during gameplay, it is ok. Sometimes i have to switch to another program and get back to PVZ to get it to correct itself. I have it running at 745 max/320 min and at interactive. Idk, it could be a bad download. I'm not sure how well Amazon does large file checks.

You might try Drew's Gingerkernal. Only thing is it is not overclockable. http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-...ernel-v01.html After playing a few levels, it does run smoother on this kernal.
    Thank you so much for the time you spent looking into my question!
    -I unchecked surface dithering, and checked lock home in memory. JIT was already checked.
    -It did not fix the issue for me, I then overclocked and disabled haptic feedback, still nothing.
    -I tried Gingerkernel and it worked like a charm! both PvZ and a couple other test programs I was using no longer show any issues.
    -I retried XioniaRedux 08312011

going to update my thread in case with this info.

So now I have some kernel questions
    I should probably post in a kernel thread. In case anyone wants to answer... (can anything be done to make XioniaRedux work? any downside to using Gingerkernel? will data2ext work with it?)

Yes I did a full wipe davlic cache and all then I flashes the following : 922011-cm-7.1.0-RC1-IHO-KRAVEN-signed.zip
    Then I downloaded and flashed gapps-gb-20110613-signed-1.zip
    But the problem persists giving the error message : can't. Establish secure connection to Google servers .
    When I open devtools and click on Google login service. Dec tools. Force closes
    Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #33  

ROM
    kraven cm7/CM9

What about the formating of Data, Boot, system, cache. ? Just checking before we try something else. THis is in the Recovery menu under "Mounts and Storage" . Formatting of the Data should fix that. I am looking into other solutions if that doesnt work.

Try flashing the "Debug-FormatSYSTEM.zip" made by Zefie before flashing the rom. Then flash the Rom zip, Flash Google apps. IT properly formats the required partitions prior to install.

http://files.mysticmidnight.net/zefi...rmatSYSTEM.zip

Are you getting a good 3G signal to get logged in?
    Make sure it's a Gmail account and all your login information is correct.
    Don't skip the initial screen when it asks you to install google apps. When you first boot up, click the Green Android, Then select the 2nd choice. "already have a Google account" And sign in with a Gmail email.
    Next it will ask to do a Market Apps install. Choose yes. Pick what you would like to install or choose nothing. Click ok
    Finish going thru the Google setup, and you should get a confirmation screen that Google Account was linked to this phone.
    Last edited by thekraven; 09-07-2011 at 05:20 PM.

Global Posts
    493 Global Posts

I have a BlueAnt z9i headset and none of the CM7 Roms will recognize the headset. The stock ROM & Reborn both connect to it without issue. What I would like to know is if it is possible to port the Bluetooth files into CM7 from the froyo ROMs and get my BlueAnt headset to work? My Samsung headset pairs up just fine, but it's a piece of crap for phone calls.

Any help or insight will be appreciated.

Global Posts
    2,539 Global Posts
    ROM
    HydroROM

Quote Originally Posted by thekraven View Post
    Oh sorry for the confusion. At this moment, only the phone calls with headset mic is working, as stated. It was broken in a 8/25 sync, but fixed again. I'll add that to the bug list. With the release of official Gingerbread for our phones coming soon, there's a chance it will get fixed soon or Blarf fixes it. Hopefully the main repository comes back online soon, and get some new builds made.
    The only repository that is down is (obviously) the android.git.kernel.org repository. We can safely use the CodeAurora.org repository in its place until the kernel.org repo comes back online.

Please check your PM box for instructions. I have also sent a pull request to the IHO repo for this temporary change. Never mind, not completely working. I might have yet another way, we'll see.
    Last edited by drewwalton19216801; 09-09-2011 at 10:21 AM.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #36  

ROM
    kraven cm7/CM9

Cool, thanks Drew. I'll give that a try

ROM
    Ever changing

I just wanted to thank thekraven for makimg this rom. It was pretty interesting when I was using it. I only had one issue with it, once I put it on hold and when turned it back on, all my icons were missing and when I moved my screen, it split the wallpaper in half. I solved the problem by rebooting, but it was rather odd.
    Yes, I am The Catboy.

ROM
    Depends on my mood

batt life rocks on this ROM...think is might have something to do with it seeming to run cooler as well. Only recommendation/suggestion is functional handset mic with headphones plugged in, which i see is in the works so keep on keepin on...
    Thanks for the awesome ROM. look forward to your upcoming offferings...

I tried it but the zip file does not install it aborts

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk

Awesome ROM thanks for making it.
    Thanked by:
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #41  

ROM
    kraven cm7/CM9

I just tried the debug-formatsystem.zip file. I flashed it in Xionia recovery under "install zip from Sdcard" And it works. Also do the wipe data reset and wipe cache from this recovery also. What recovery are you using?

Then proceed to flash the Rom zip file under"install zip from Sdcard". Then flash the google apps zip afterwards. Then reboot. When it first starts up. Click the green android dude. And sign in with your google account, the 2nd option. Has to be a gmail account. Don't skip this step. Then finish thru the google apps setup and it should work.

ROM
    GNM & CM7 Ported by Zefie

1 minor bug I found is that texts over 160 characters won't send. I know it's been an issue with other CM7 builds, and that Zeffie before he quit had it working. Not a huge deal, just making you aware of it.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #43  

ROM
    kraven cm7/CM9

Go to settings of the messaging application, & place a check by sms split, and/or counter

Global Posts
    43 Global Posts

Flashed this rom after clearing cache and system. The flash worked fine but now I can't download anything from the market. I am logged into my goggle account but it says download unsuccessful for every app I try to download. Please advise. Thanks!

UPDATE: Reflashed but used debut-format.zip before. Problem solved!
    Last edited by snipsta; 09-11-2011 at 08:50 PM.

Global Posts
    43 Global Posts

Question: I just installed collin_ph's battery tweak. It seems that it sets the max cpu at 748mhz. However in the performance section within the CM7 setting we have the ability to set the max cpu. Currently, the settings indicate the max cpu is 600mhz. Which max cpu setting takes priority in determining the max cpu speed? Also is 748mhz safe for these phones?

Global Posts
    2,539 Global Posts
    ROM
    HydroROM

Quote Originally Posted by snipsta View Post
    Question: I just installed collin_ph's battery tweak. It seems that it sets the max cpu at 748mhz. However in the performance section within the CM7 setting we have the ability to set the max cpu. Currently, the settings indicate the max cpu is 600mhz. Which max cpu setting takes priority in determining the max cpu speed? Also is 748mhz safe for these phones?
    Do not use the CM7 CPU settings or any other similar app if you are using the Collin_Ph hack. This is stated very clearly in the collin_ph thread.

Global Posts
    43 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drewwalton19216801 View Post
    Do not use the CM7 CPU settings or any other similar app if you are using the Collin_Ph hack. This is stated very clearly in the collin_ph thread.
    Right, I saw that in the first post. I do not see an option to not use (or turn off) the cpu settings defined in the cm7 settings.

Global Posts
    2,539 Global Posts
    ROM
    HydroROM

Right, I saw that in the first post. I do not see an option to not use (or turn off) the cpu settings defined in the cm7 settings.
    Just don't touch the settings and it will be fine.

Global Posts
    43 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drewwalton19216801 View Post
    Just don't touch the settings and it will be fine.
    Thanks! And what do you suggest as the max cpu to run safely for this phone?

Drew- I was using your rom prior to flashing to this one tonight. Thanks for the effort you and kraven have put forth on improving these phones.

Global Posts
    2,539 Global Posts
    ROM
    HydroROM

Thanks! And what do you suggest as the max cpu to run safely for this phone?

Drew- I was using your rom prior to flashing to this one tonight. Thanks for the effort you and kraven have put forth on improving these phones.
    Theoretically you can run up to 864 MHz but really only a handful of devices can without having issues. See what works best for you but remember that with higher clock comes more battery drain.
Page 2 of 104 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast