[ROM] CM7.2 Port for Optimus S by thekraven 3/9 zvd only

cxc

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
I'll look into the GPS problems. Its working for me. I get accuracy within 15 ft, fast. Double check that GPS and/or Use wireless networks is on in: Settings/ Location & Security/
And download the latest Google maps from the market.

You can try this if old gps data is still on your phone. Download gps test from the market and in settings. Clear agps, then update it.

Next, open the navigation app, and see how long till it finds your location. If it says "searching for GPS" Click Destinations and input some place to go.

Seek Droid is crashing when trying to find my location (GPS related? )
I will try your suggestion and report back. My GPS works since maps and other apps can accurately locate me. The problem is that all apps "think" that the GPS is turned off. I can deal with these notifications since in the end I can be found, the only app that won't work properly is navigation, it never leaves the "searching for GPS" screen.

cxc

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Ok, GPS tester force closes on me when I try to launch. I think again toys is GPS related, similar to seekdroid. When I get home I will try a dirty flash and see if that helps.

snipsta

Aug 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM][WIP] CM7 Port for Optimus S by thekraven 9-2-2011

Did you do a full wipe and format of data, cache, system, and boot in recovery between builds.?
Also if you restore from titanium backup, do not restore any system Apps. Restore one by one to see which one might be giving you the problems.

Also, reduce your Overclock and see if it helps.

I reflashed and there are no more FCs. The only problem I am having now is my gmail never syncs. The google account is listed under accounts and settings. Additionally, the gmail box is checked so it should be syncing. The emails don't autosync but they work when I manually refresh them. This wasn't an issue prior to the reflash. Any thoughts? Thanks!

Reactions: On3wheels

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Hmm, I'll try to see if I can make it happen with mine. Try removing and reinstall the sdcard. Also which ROM are you using?

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Re: [ROM][WIP] CM7 Port for Optimus S by thekraven 9-16-2011

I'm building one now, new feature is 6 band equalizer. I'll test it before releasing

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Re: [ROM][WIP] CM7 Port for Optimus S by thekraven 9-19-2011

You could try by just wiping the cache and Dalvik cache. And give it a try. But if you have any errors, then you will need to try a full wipe of boot, data, cache, and system.

Edit, you still would need to flash Google apps afterwards

Last edited:

Magicman08

May 4, 2011
Visit site

so....let's say I want to keep my phone setup how it is with data 2ext. Is it possible to flash this an not have to redo everything?

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk

I simply use both mybackup pro and titanium backup pro, and when i completely redo everything I make sure my google stuff is set first, and then i install titanium backup, which then will install my backup pro.

Then I pick and choose which apps and data I want to restore.....its actually quite quick and i have done this process dozens of times.....it is not something to do in a time pinch, i mean it takes 10-15 minutes, but you should get everything back if you do it correctly using google, my backup, and titanium backup

basketthis

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site

I simply use both mybackup pro and titanium backup pro, and when i completely redo everything I make sure my google stuff is set first, and then i install titanium backup, which then will install my backup pro.

Then I pick and choose which apps and data I want to restore.....its actually quite quick and i have done this process dozens of times.....it is not something to do in a time pinch, i mean it takes 10-15 minutes, but you should get everything back if you do it correctly using google, my backup, and titanium backup

Not to hijack the thread, but if you store the titanium backup apk on the sdcard, you wont have to login to Google to install and then restore all of your apps. ;)

newbk

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

Is anyone having problems with blue tooth headsets after the 9/2/11 build? I had been using an old Jawbone and plantronics 510 with no problem on the 9/2/11 build but haven't been able to in subsequent builds. They pair just fine but either no audio is present or the audio is so messed up its not usable. Here are the combinations I've tried

- 9/16/11 barebones build = no bluetooth audio on calls
- 9/16/11 barebones build with drews kernal = partial choppy audio
- 9/19/11 barebones build = I hear the beep of the call connecting and then nothing
- 9/19/11 barebones build with drews kernel = hear the beep and then pops and whistles

I am going to download the full build to see if thats the issue. If not, the 9/2/11 build still works so I'm still happy :D

*forgot to mention*
Each time I install a new build I reset/wipe and flash the debug.zip I picked up somewhere along the way. Then I flash google apps and then reboot.

Last edited:

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site

I'll look at what changes were made. Try with wifi off, and see what happens.

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site

Still working on the bluetooth. Easy fix would be to pull from the 9/2 file.

Added a new kernal to try from the VM guys. New Kernel IHO v3a by BobZhome. Includes correct keypad for Optimus S. Fixes gameplay graphics and OC capabilities. No smartass governer yet. Use ondemand for better battery life. Just flash in your custom recovery.

IHO-kernelv3a-sprint2.zip

fenderman

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site

So far after playing around a bit with the rom , Im liking it:) and I just applied the new kernal and it feels snappy as hell lol

newbk

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

Still working on the bluetooth. Easy fix would be to pull from the 9/2 file.

Added a new kernal to try from the VM guys. New Kernel IHO v3a by BobZhome. Includes correct keypad for Optimus S. Fixes gameplay graphics and OC capabilities. No smartass governer yet. Use ondemand for better battery life. Just flash in your custom recovery.

IHO-kernelv3a-sprint2.zip

Thanks for checking on the bluetooth. I tried the bluetooth with the wifi on and wifi off and it made no difference.
I just have to say thanks for the amazing rom. All the devs are amazing really. Cell phones are such complex things and if only one thing doesn't work... well that's amazing work. Hell I'd be thrilled if I had those odds on non hacked stuff.

I'll give the new kernel a shot.

Reactions: reltm

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site

I pulled all the bluetooth files and put it in the hotfix part of the OP. It's untested as I don't have a bluetooth device atm. But they are all from my 9/2 zip. As soon as i get the bugs worked out. I'll release a stable version.

Reactions: reltm and fenderman

memsman

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

Can someone comment on the GPS lookup time when wifi is off?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay