[ROM] CM7.2 Port for Optimus S by thekraven 3/9 zvd only

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Re: [ROM] CM7.2 Port for Optimus S by thekraven 1/16/2012 zvd onl

The white on black, i really haven't looked where that one is... The sprint one is cooked into the boot.img and will be there till the next build, just haven't had time to rework it. It might go back to the stationary red LG one.

SkyeDarkhawk

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site

So, I'm pretty sure I selected a custom ringtone/notification sound to play, but it doesn't seem to work.
mp3 file located in /mnt/sdcard/media/notifications/mySound.mp3
The custom sound shows in the list to be selected, plays when selected, but doesn't play when getting a text message.
Should it really be /mnt/sdcard/media/audio/notifications ?

Edit: I suppose I should mention that I'm using the latest stable (I think?)

Pkt_Lnt

yes, that old
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

Tested BT on 2-4-12 test build. I have a bluetooth headset and stereo bt headset. Both pair just fine, the stereo plays music and will start and stop. I cannot get phone audio on a call to come through either headset. The headset beeps when the call begins or ends, and beeps in response to button pushes, and prompts from voice dialer to "say a name" with a warbly sound, but no voice.

This is not a big issue to me, since I hardly use BT, and not since the stock Froyo. I do not think I used it with any other thekraven builds. Have checked all settings, deleted the devices from the phone and re-paired, just no call audio.

Dark Penguin

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site

I just flashed CM7, and except for a couple minor things everything seems to be fine. When I rebooted, I found that CyanogenMod was in place, but somehow my root access was gone. I did get root access back, but when I went to Titanium Backups to restore my user apps, I couldn't find any convenient way of doing so (i.e., running the task only once to catch all of them).

On the other hand, that was probably a good thing because I had previously converted some apps from type system to type user, and some of those "user" apps I probably didn't want anyhow. So I have been reinstalling my apps manually; at least the market makes this easy by remembering my purchases and providing ongoing access to apps I've already paid for.

And most surprising is the fact that I now seem to be running Gingerbread 2.3.7, which I didn't expect. I do realize someone's probably already mentioned it in this vast thread, but I simply didn't have time to read it all. Regardless, everything seems to working fine, and I do have a lot more internal space than formerly.

garbb

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site

Is there any way that built-in bluetooth dial-up-networking tethering could be added to this rom? I got used to using it from all the official LG roms and all the ones based on them. I can use pdanet for bluetooth tethering but its a pain to have to manually start it up and for some reason it seems to be slower.

Other than that this rom is great! Thanks!

Also I think I may have found a wierd kind of bug-ish thing? if you open up the phone dialer and enter a few digits and then go back to the home screen and then go back to the dialer so that the digits you entered are still there in the dialer, a keypad with numbers on it will popup on top of the regular phone dialer. It can be closed by pressing back but just looks really wierd...

Last edited:

Pkt_Lnt

yes, that old
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Is there any way that built-in bluetooth dial-up-networking tethering could be added to this rom? I got used to using it from all the official LG roms and all the ones based on them. I can use pdanet for bluetooth tethering but its a pain to have to manually start it up and for some reason it seems to be slower.

Other than that this rom is great! Thanks!

Also I think I may have found a wierd kind of bug-ish thing? if you open up the phone dialer and enter a few digits and then go back to the home screen and then go back to the dialer so that the digits you entered are still there in the dialer, a keypad with numbers on it will popup on top of the regular phone dialer. It can be closed by pressing back but just looks really wierd...

I just confirmed the dial pad weirdness. It is the android number keypad that pops up. I can repeat every time; back button will closer it.

Using Tapatalk on a Kindle Fire w CM7 ROM

Pkt_Lnt

yes, that old
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

I don't have that bug, but I'm also using a theme.

I have a T-Mobile chooser theme as well, Orange Octane donation from Upward Spiral. And the wallpaper via Wallpaper Theme chooser.

Try entering four numbers in the dialer, hit home, open another app, go back to the dialer. Happens every time for me.

edit -

I just tried it with the SlideIT keyboard and get the same thing.

Last edited:

maru2001

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site

I had this rom on mine and my wifes phones and we both had the same BT MAC address. How can that be fixed so we have different address? Our ford touch is confused and we cant pair both phones at the same time.
I upgraded to ZVH to use Hydro rom but I cant use audio streaming with ZVH I was told.

Please I would hate to go back to using older ROMs just to use MFT.

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I had this rom on mine and my wifes phones and we both had the same BT MAC address. How can that be fixed so we have different address? Our ford touch is confused and we cant pair both phones at the same time.
I upgraded to ZVH to use Hydro rom but I cant use audio streaming with ZVH I was told.

Please I would hate to go back to using older ROMs just to use MFT.
Just wondering why two at the same time? But mac addresses are kernel level. You can spoof it till you reboot. Try this http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1410900

or try renaming one in wireless, bluetooth settings.

garbb

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site

Is there any way to have a long-press of the power button (that brings up the power menu) be disabled when the lock screen is active and/or the screen is off? I don't know how but somehow I keep hitting this while the phone is in my pocket and I have restarted my phone once...

maru2001

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site

Just wondering why two at the same time? But mac addresses are kernel level. You can spoof it till you reboot. Try this [Q] How to change Bluetooth MAC Address in CyanogenMod 7 ?? - xda-developers

or try renaming one in wireless, bluetooth settings.

Well two at the same time so we can switch back and forth without having to repair each time. The MFT thinks its the same phone being pared so it messes up the phonebook import and other minor bugs. But the biggest annoyance is that once one is pared and the other is added the first can no longer connect until after the 2nd phone is deleted from the pared list. We tired renaming them but its the MAC address that is identifying them to MFT. Just wondering if its possible to fix the ROM to assign the "real" MAC address of the BT chip. I know on my CM7 Touchpad it is using the chips own MAC.

jameslove7

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site

Running 1/16/2012 and having some issues with phone turning off sometimes when I plug in the power adapter and sometimes turning off when using Wireless tether and the power adapter.

Any ideas?

CardcaptorRLH85

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site

Ok on the 02/04 test version I'm having a very unusual problem. Every other reboot of my phone I lose my cellular radio. That may be unclear so let me explain. When I first boot my phone, everything works fine however, when I reboot, Wi-Fi works but my cellular radio doesn't work. Then if I reboot again everything works fine again.

I had this same issue with both the 01/16 update and the 01/11 mini-update however, I thought that those issues were problems on my part since I didn't perform full wipes before installing those. This time I did perform a full wipe of System, Data, Cache, Dalvik Cache, and SD-Ext before installing this update. However, I'm still having this issue. I can live with it but I'm just wondering what's going on with my phone since no one else is reporting this strange issue it must either be something wrong with my phone or something stupid that I've managed to do.

Before anyone asks, I am running the ZVD radio. This phone is a refurbish that I got from Sprint when my headphone jack died about 3 weeks ago. It came with ZVD installed instead of ZVH which I found odd but I didn't complain ^_^

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site

Running 1/16/2012 and having some issues with phone turning off sometimes when I plug in the power adapter and sometimes turning off when using Wireless tether and the power adapter.

Any ideas?

If it's rebooting on it's own, any overclocking going on?

Tethering with the built in wifi tether or the app? Try to watch your phone temperatures when tethering. I'd suggest using setcpu profile to lower the clockspeed if temps rise above a certain level.

Try the newer version of wireless tether. Downloads - android-wifi-tether - Wireless Tether for Root Users - Google Project Hosting

The older version reboots when you turn it off.

Importh8r

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site

That was a problem that I had with my last phone. I just got a refurb a few weeks ago as well with zvd on it. Rooted & flashed the Kraven 7.2 with no problems. Maybe its an app causing you the problems. Get rid of any wifi connect apps. Also press *#*#4636#*#* to change your radio to CDMA AutoPRL. That worked on my last phone. Good Luck. :)
You wont see much ZVH radios cause they were killing the SD Cards & crashing android with "File overruns"

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site

Ok on the 02/04 test version I'm having a very unusual problem. Every other reboot of my phone I lose my cellular radio. That may be unclear so let me explain. When I first boot my phone, everything works fine however, when I reboot, Wi-Fi works but my cellular radio doesn't work. Then if I reboot again everything works fine again.

I had this same issue with both the 01/16 update and the 01/11 mini-update however, I thought that those issues were problems on my part since I didn't perform full wipes before installing those. This time I did perform a full wipe of System, Data, Cache, Dalvik Cache, and SD-Ext before installing this update. However, I'm still having this issue. I can live with it but I'm just wondering what's going on with my phone since no one else is reporting this strange issue it must either be something wrong with my phone or something stupid that I've managed to do.

Before anyone asks, I am running the ZVD radio. This phone is a refurbish that I got from Sprint when my headphone jack died about 3 weeks ago. It came with ZVD installed instead of ZVH which I found odd but I didn't complain ^_^

Try fixing permissions in recovery>advanced menu. Try that and try to get me some logs to look at.

kenny70452

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site

What file do I edit to remap keys?

Other ROM's I edit thunder_keypad.kl so only the power button wakes the phone, I'd like to
do that to this ROM. I searched the thread, didn't see a mention. Thanks in advance.

Oh another thing, how do I get to the settings in gmail to turn off new mail notifications.
ty again