[ROM] CM7.2 Port for Optimus S by thekraven 3/9 zvd only

prowlingfox

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM] CM7.2 Port for Optimus S by thekraven 1/16/2012 zvd onl

Just got around to testing bluetooth today and i'm having a VERY strange problem. When it connects to phone audio, what i hear in the earpiece sounds like garbled, fuzzy walki-talki noise. It is the actual phone audio, not just interference, but it's extremely hard to make out. When I enter voice control mode, I can't make out the "Speak now" voice, instead it kind of sounds faintly like a dial-up modem.

Tried rebooting both the phone and the earpiece. No go. It was totally fine in the 1-16 build.

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site

What file do I edit to remap keys?

Other ROM's I edit thunder_keypad.kl so only the power button wakes the phone, I'd like to
do that to this ROM. I searched the thread, didn't see a mention. Thanks in advance.

Oh another thing, how do I get to the settings in gmail to turn off new mail notifications.
ty again

Yeah , you edit the same file. Just watch the home and menu buttons, they might be reversed if you do a full copy/paste.

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site

Just got around to testing bluetooth today and i'm having a VERY strange problem. When it connects to phone audio, what i hear in the earpiece sounds like garbled, fuzzy walki-talki noise. It is the actual phone audio, not just interference, but it's extremely hard to make out. When I enter voice control mode, I can't make out the "Speak now" voice, instead it kind of sounds faintly like a dial-up modem.

Tried rebooting both the phone and the earpiece. No go. It was totally fine in the 1-16 build.

I'll get that reverted before the next release. Try flashing this and see if it fixes it. 2.4.bluetoothfix1.zip

Buddlespit

Wannabe kewl
Jan 27, 2011
Visit site

I just read that Google is dropping support for CDMA phones, but that it will only affect phones running custom builds (AOSP). Looks like we aren't going to get a CM9 build, and our pet CM7 will only be updated for bug fixes.

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site

I flashed the zip, cleared cache, and fixed permissions. Now instead of garbled noise i get silence. BT connects and the phone shows the earset as paired, but no audio comes through.

Ok, try fix 2. 1/16 files with 2/4 bluetooth.apk 2.4.bluetoothfix2.zip

This will take you back to the beginning with all 2/4 files. 2.4.bluetoothbackto2.4.zip

kenny70452

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site

"Yeah , you edit the same file. Just watch the home and menu buttons, they might be reversed if you do a full copy/paste."

Thanks. Didn't see the file in the folder, added my edited copy. Yep the home/menu were reveresed, easy edit. Now I can get into gmail settings also. thanks a bunch

Pkt_Lnt

yes, that old
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

Tested BT on 2-4-12 test build. I have a bluetooth headset and stereo bt headset. Both pair just fine, the stereo plays music and will start and stop. I cannot get phone audio on a call to come through either headset. The headset beeps when the call begins or ends, and beeps in response to button pushes, and prompts from voice dialer to "say a name" with a warbly sound, but no voice.

This is not a big issue to me, since I hardly use BT, and not since the stock Froyo. I do not think I used it with any other thekraven builds. Have checked all settings, deleted the devices from the phone and re-paired, just no call audio.

I'll get that reverted before the next release. Try flashing this and see if it fixes it. 2.4.bluetoothfix1.zip

The bluetoothfix does not make any change for me on 2-4 test build. I get no hint of phone audio, just beeps from the earpiece in response to volume, hangup, etc. My stereo BT headset plays music find and controls the player, just no call audio. Same warbly sounds with the Voice Dialer.

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site

yeah, instead of reflashing the whole 2/4 rom. Goal is to get it working like 1/16.

Edit, fix2 could be applied over fix1. Same files are inside each file. Wiping cache would be needed between flashes.

Last edited:

Pkt_Lnt

yes, that old
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

yeah, instead of reflashing the whole 2/4 rom. Goal is to get it working like 1/16.

Edit, fix2 could be applied over fix1. Same files are inside each file. Wiping cache would be needed between flashes.

oops missed the edit. starting over. :)

update -

Can get some audio on both headsets, but it is like really bad police radio, virtually unintelligible. Buttons will bring up Voice Dialer, but cannot hear it, and no response to voice commands. BT stereo headset is fine with music, not with call audio.

I flashed the back-to-2.4 file, cleared cache, rebooted. Then back to recovery, flashed fix 1, then fix 2, cleared cache. Rebooted and tested.

Last edited:

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site

Thanks for testing. I'll have to recompile with the files that worked in 1/16.

hkazemi

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site

Well two at the same time so we can switch back and forth without having to repair each time. The MFT thinks its the same phone being pared so it messes up the phonebook import and other minor bugs. But the biggest annoyance is that once one is pared and the other is added the first can no longer connect until after the 2nd phone is deleted from the pared list. We tired renaming them but its the MAC address that is identifying them to MFT. Just wondering if its possible to fix the ROM to assign the "real" MAC address of the BT chip. I know on my CM7 Touchpad it is using the chips own MAC.

I can confirm this as well. This CM7 ROM port has had the same BT MAC address built in since at least the 11/07/2011 build through the 1/16/2012 build.

One workaround is to change the BT address using the command line, although this may not stick between reboots:
[Q] How to change Bluetooth MAC Address in CyanogenMod 7 ?? - xda-developers
In a CM7 ROM It's enough to open "terminal emulator" and type:
su
bdaddr [new bluetooth address] && hciconfig hci0 reset

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Last edited:

Invincible Madness

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site

2-7-2012 Test build 2 has uploaded. No more bootloader in the reboot menu, No more sprint boot animation, reverted back to IHO bluetooth files (1/16 build), so test that.

Only can PM 5 at a time, so here's the latest test build. MD5 is at the link
2.7.2012-cm72-IHO-Kraven-signed.zip - File Shared from Box - Free Online File Storage

I'll grab once we have the Barebones version :D (as usual)

Saying it probably for 10th time "Best ROM I had till date", thanks for keeping CM7 alive for our phones.

SpadeOfAces

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site

The new update you PMed me works great. The box download worked fine as well. MMS VVM BT CALLS and radio work fantastic. One thing I have noticed is when I tried deleting 2 screens from the 5 screen default, it never correctly set the main middle page out of the 3 screens...always the far right one. I just kept it at 5 now. Other then that this build is quick, and very smooth. Running 320/787.

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site

The new update you PMed me works great. The box download worked fine as well. MMS VVM BT CALLS and radio work fantastic. One thing I have noticed is when I tried deleting 2 screens from the 5 screen default, it never correctly set the main middle page out of the 3 screens...always the far right one. I just kept it at 5 now. Other then that this build is quick, and very smooth. Running 320/787.

Did you click the "pin" icon in settings>edit ? That will set the default home screen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non