BANNED:
    For posting BEFORE reading....HAHAHA

Default Re: [ROM] CM7.2 Port for Optimus S by thekraven 2/7/2012 zvd only

My battery keeps draining while its plugged in
    CPU is 245-748 on demand
    Screen briteness is Down all the way
    No apps running
    in airplane mode
    Thought it my be my power transformer so I switch to one that pumps about 200mA more (forget exact I'm in bed now) but that's bout right and still but when I switched to cold as ice it didn't do it so
    WTF!!?
    I'm thinking kernel? Bobzhome is what I'm useing (came with rom)

ROM
    Stock

you could try under clocking the rom i use 245-400 on mine and it keeps a charge till around 5pm with a decent amount of use

ROM
    RasbeanJelly/DanteRom v4

Quote Originally Posted by vernotzy21 View Post
    My battery keeps draining while its plugged in
    CPU is 245-748 on demand
    Screen briteness is Down all the way
    No apps running
    in airplane mode
    Thought it my be my power transformer so I switch to one that pumps about 200mA more (forget exact I'm in bed now) but that's bout right and still but when I switched to cold as ice it didn't do it so
    WTF!!?
    I'm thinking kernel? Bobzhome is what I'm useing (came with rom)
    You battery is designed to charge fully, then discharge to a given point the recharge repeat until unplugged. Now if you are using it plugged in, you may use more power then you gain, resulting in battery drop. USB charging also does not charge as rapidly as plugging directly to an outlet.

ROM
    opti aokp, viper stock

Hey everyone I'm running reborn but am interested in running this Rom. Would u consider this a daily driver? Most the bugs worked out? I can't read through 96 pages on my phone, it'd kill my batt.. (who took my bootloops. Lol)
    Wannabe kewl

Global Posts
    675 Global Posts
    ROM
    Wicked Sensations TW-JB

I started running into issues with cm7 after the beginning of the year. This isn't an isolated thing, a lot of platforms starting having issues with cm7 at about the same time. XDA is a good place to start to read about that.

I would recommend the 12/22 build. Otherwise, you can start with the March builds and see if you find one stable enough for your liking.
    "I drank what!?!?!" ~Socrates
    "Man is the lowest-cost, 150-pound, nonlinear, all-purpose computer system which can be mass-produced by unskilled labor." ~NASA, 1965
    New users, click here!!
    Sprint Sammy GS3 | MB1 | Wicked Sensations JB v2.1 | TWRP 2.4.3.0

I've been playing around with this ROM and so far it works great! Thanks for the work porting it and of course to the original makers as well. You guys make keeping this Optimus worthwile

ROM
    opti aokp, viper stock

Yes thank you for 4 all the hard work!! I will give this rom a go when I get home. Any other advice for making the Rom install easier? Any lil tips are appreciated. :-) Thanks again for makin this phone worth keeping!!

Really want to stay with CM7, but I'm having a problem that I don't see anywhere else.

I have no voice search and the hardware button unlocked the screen the 1st time and is dead the 2nd. I've flashed CM7 twice now and followed the above instrux to the letter except for running the Debug-FormatSYSTEM.zip. I flashed the Xionia Redux keypad fix and all it did was reverse the Home and Menu keys.

I know it's MVD, but the baseband is listed as unknown.

ROM
    CM9

Quote Originally Posted by pjarchrn View Post
    Really want to stay with CM7, but I'm having a problem that I don't see anywhere else.

I have no voice search and the hardware button unlocked the screen the 1st time and is dead the 2nd.

I know it's MVD, but the baseband is listed as unknown.

that's normal.....

I've been noticing a notification in my wife phone that says "lost connectivity because of international roaming", i cannot read the entire message though. what does this message means ? and what is affecting ?
    Mine: Nexus S4G | 4.1.1 AOSP JellyButt v2.4
    Wife: LG Optimus S | HydroROM V1.1.0
    Wannabe kewl

Global Posts
    675 Global Posts
    ROM
    Wicked Sensations TW-JB

Quote Originally Posted by panasrsm View Post
    I've been noticing a notification in my wife phone that says "lost connectivity because of international roaming", i cannot read the entire message though. what does this message means ? and what is affecting ?
    It appears that this is a cm7 development issue, first noticed in December 2011. So far, the only fix (and it's not a fix) is to go to Settings -> Wireless & network settings -> Mobile Networks -> Unchecked International Data roaming.

Even if it doesn't fix the issue, I've read that the error is harmless.
    "Man is the lowest-cost, 150-pound, nonlinear, all-purpose computer system which can be mass-produced by unskilled labor." ~NASA, 1965
    New users, click here!!

ROM
    opti aokp, viper stock

The link isn't loading for me, I've tried a couple of them and nada.

@thekraven

Under "Themes" in your initial post, you link to [THEME] Customt dialers for 2.2, 2.3.3, Reborn & Swype Metamorphs and say if we see anything we like to ask.

How do I get the bluecontactdialer.apk to work on your cm7.2 ROM? I like the blue dialer from your cm9 alpha 10g. I work in a factory and need bluetooth to call my kids every night at bedtime. So I have fun playing (and learning) with 10g during the day, but NAND back to cm7.2 at work.

Thanks, sir!
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2367  

ROM
    kraven cm7/CM9

Those were for older roms.. thunderrom, Reborn, and few for the zvh ROMs. I kinda stopped working on themes.

Okay thanks.

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums

ROM
    opti aokp, viper stock

I really like this rom alot!! I'm gonna try cm9 next but I just found my new daily driver. Id really like to see the miui messaging apk for it. Is that possible kraven? Thanks again for the sweet roms

Question for you guys, wife has started to rely heavily on the phone GPS. Her garmin broke, and she has resorted to google maps and the phone GPS. The problem is that most of the times she tries to use the GPS, the phone would crash and reboot on its own, some other times the screen would turn grey, and she has to reboot manually. I already reflashed the ROM, and did a full wipe (Wipe Cache, format boot, system, data, and cache. then ran the Debug-FormatSYSTEM.zip), any help is highly appreciated, is there some sort of patch for this ?
    Running v3.7.2012d-cm72RC1.
    Last edited by panasrsm; 05-21-2012 at 12:08 PM.

ROM
    mirage cm7

Question for you guys, wife has started to rely heavily on the phone GPS. Her garmin broke, and she has resorted to google maps and the phone GPS. The problem is that most of the times she tries to use the GPS, the phone would crash and reboot on its own, some other times the screen would turn grey, and she has to reboot manually. I already reflashed the ROM, and did a full wipe (Wipe Cache, format boot, system, data, and cache. then ran the Debug-FormatSYSTEM.zip), any help is highly appreciated, is there some sort of patch for this ?
    have you tried flashing the 2/7 build? that's the build i currently use, and gps works perfectly for me.
    yes, that old

ROM
    Codename Android / franco

I'm on that version all day and GPS is fine for me. There are some GPS hotfixes in OP, and a forum thread.

LG-LS670 w thekraven ROM & Tapatalk
    Galaxy Nexus GSM
    [JB 4.3] [JWR66V] Cataclysm

T-Mobile $30 / 5Gb / 100 min Cellular | CSipSimple + voip.ms VoIP

Kindle Fire
    [JB 4.3] [JSS15J] AOSP for the Kindle Fire

I read about the GPS patches, but they seem more to fix GPS signal issues ?, the GPS works fine, however the phone crashes when we fire google maps most of the times
    Wannabe kewl

Global Posts
    675 Global Posts
    ROM
    Wicked Sensations TW-JB

Try lowering (or removing) any overclock you happen to be running. And, just out of curiosity, what kernel are you running?
    New users, click here!!

Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    ROM
    TheKraven's CM&

same thing happens to everytime I try to open google maps and type in an address. My phone reboots itself.
Page 95 of 104 FirstFirst ... 92939495969798 ... LastLast