[ROM] CM7.2 Port for Optimus S by thekraven 3/9 zvd only

FitChicago

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Re: [ROM][WIP] CM7 Port for Optimus S by thekraven 9-2-2011

WIP = work in progress build.
CyanogenMod Gingerbread Port. CM7 unofficial.

8/31/11 - fixes headset with mic's during calls. CM7 sync broke the camera and cm settings.

Kraven: Congratulations on developing this really smooth and user friendly CM7 ROM.

The reason I switched to your ROM was the 8/31/11 changelog indicating that the headset with mic's during calls issue had been resolved.
Unfortunately this does not seem to be the case with the 9/2/2011 Barebones 63 MB version of the ROM; the handset microphone does not work during calls with headphones plugged in.

I followed the instructions to the smallest detail and double-checked everything on my end prior to posting. I'm curious if the mic/headphone fix was either somehow not applied to the 9/2/2011 version or if it is only available in Full IHO sync???

Any guidance you might provide would be really appreciated.

Thanks!!!

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site

Oh sorry for the confusion. At this moment, only the phone calls with headset mic is working, as stated. It was broken in a 8/25 sync, but fixed again. I'll add that to the bug list. With the release of official Gingerbread for our phones coming soon, there's a chance it will get fixed soon or Blarf fixes it. Hopefully the main repository comes back online soon, and get some new builds made.

Last edited:

FitChicago

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site

Oh sorry for the confusion. At this moment, only the phone calls with headset mic is working, as stated. It was broken in a 8/25 sync, but fixed again. I'll add that to the bug list. With the release of official Gingerbread for our phones coming soon, there's a chance it will get fixed soon or Blarf fixes it. Hopefully the main repository comes back online soon, and get some new builds made.
Thanks Kraven, I appreciate the quick reply and explanation. Thanks for adding the bug of the headphones being plugged in causes the handset microphone to not function during calls; I'd be thrilled if a fix is finally found.

I had mentioned the issue to Drew right before his ROM took a sabbatical from updating.

Thanks Kraven!

FitChicago

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site

was just wandering how well tyis rom is running compaird to drews?

I was using Drew's ROM and flashed to Kraven's latest build because I thought it had a fix I was looking for. While it did not, I've found Kraven's ROM (I'm running the barebones version) to be absolutely fantastic. I have stuck with Kraven's ROM because I haven't experienced any performance issues and everything works splendidly. For full disclosure, I also installed the collin_ph battery tweak which has improved both performance and battery life.

ngamer

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site

Man thanks for you sweet rom but i'm having trouble adding a google account . please help
is anyone experiencing the same problem?

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Did you flash Google apps after flashing the ROM? Also which version are you having problems?

Last edited:

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site

Try to turn off a setting ... go to Settings..cyanogenmod settings..performance.
Uncheck Enable surface dithering.
Make sure JIT is checked.
Turn on 'Lock home in memory" Check mark that one. This one made a big difference.

Turn off Haptic feedback helps.

Adjust your screen sleeping times too, otherwise it will just keep reloading the screen.

i loaded pvZ and got it running on mine without that graphic error. It does load slow on the loading screen, but during gameplay, it is ok. Sometimes i have to switch to another program and get back to PVZ to get it to correct itself. I have it running at 745 max/320 min and at interactive. Idk, it could be a bad download. I'm not sure how well Amazon does large file checks.

You might try Drew's Gingerkernal. Only thing is it is not overclockable. http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...hacks/114652-kernel-cm7-gingerkernel-v01.html After playing a few levels, it does run smoother on this kernal.

Last edited:

bweb

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site

Try to turn off a setting ... go to Settings..cyanogenmod settings..performance.
Uncheck Enable surface dithering.
Make sure JIT is checked.
Turn on 'Lock home in memory" Check mark that one. This one made a big difference.

Turn off Haptic feedback helps.

Adjust your screen sleeping times too, otherwise it will just keep reloading the screen.

i loaded pvZ and got it running on mine without that graphic error. It does load slow on the loading screen, but during gameplay, it is ok. Sometimes i have to switch to another program and get back to PVZ to get it to correct itself. I have it running at 745 max/320 min and at interactive. Idk, it could be a bad download. I'm not sure how well Amazon does large file checks.

You might try Drew's Gingerkernal. Only thing is it is not overclockable. http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...hacks/114652-kernel-cm7-gingerkernel-v01.html After playing a few levels, it does run smoother on this kernal.

Thank you so much for the time you spent looking into my question!
-I unchecked surface dithering, and checked lock home in memory. JIT was already checked.
-It did not fix the issue for me, I then overclocked and disabled haptic feedback, still nothing.
-I tried Gingerkernel and it worked like a charm! both PvZ and a couple other test programs I was using no longer show any issues.
-I retried XioniaRedux 08312011

going to update my thread in case with this info.

So now I have some kernel questions :)
I should probably post in a kernel thread. In case anyone wants to answer... (can anything be done to make XioniaRedux work? any downside to using Gingerkernel? will data2ext work with it?)

ngamer

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
Yes I did a full wipe davlic cache and all then I flashes the following : 922011-cm-7.1.0-RC1-IHO-KRAVEN-signed.zip
Then I downloaded and flashed gapps-gb-20110613-signed-1.zip
But the problem persists giving the error message : can't. Establish secure connection to Google servers .
When I open devtools and click on Google login service. Dec tools. Force closes
Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site

What about the formating of Data, Boot, system, cache. ? Just checking before we try something else. THis is in the Recovery menu under "Mounts and Storage" . Formatting of the Data should fix that. I am looking into other solutions if that doesnt work.

Try flashing the "Debug-FormatSYSTEM.zip" made by Zefie before flashing the rom. Then flash the Rom zip, Flash Google apps. IT properly formats the required partitions prior to install.

http://files.mysticmidnight.net/zef...s/custom/archive/Debug/Debug-FormatSYSTEM.zip

Are you getting a good 3G signal to get logged in?
Make sure it's a Gmail account and all your login information is correct.
Don't skip the initial screen when it asks you to install google apps. When you first boot up, click the Green Android, Then select the 2nd choice. "already have a Google account" And sign in with a Gmail email.
Next it will ask to do a Market Apps install. Choose yes. Pick what you would like to install or choose nothing. Click ok
Finish going thru the Google setup, and you should get a confirmation screen that Google Account was linked to this phone.

Last edited:

pegb856

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site

I have a BlueAnt z9i headset and none of the CM7 Roms will recognize the headset. The stock ROM & Reborn both connect to it without issue. What I would like to know is if it is possible to port the Bluetooth files into CM7 from the froyo ROMs and get my BlueAnt headset to work? My Samsung headset pairs up just fine, but it's a piece of crap for phone calls.

Any help or insight will be appreciated.

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site

The only repository that is down is (obviously) the android.git.kernel.org repository. We can safely use the CodeAurora.org repository in its place until the kernel.org repo comes back online.

Please check your PM box for instructions. I have also sent a pull request to the IHO repo for this temporary change. Never mind, not completely working. I might have yet another way, we'll see.

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2011
Visit site

I just wanted to thank thekraven for makimg this rom. It was pretty interesting when I was using it. I only had one issue with it, once I put it on hold and when turned it back on, all my icons were missing and when I moved my screen, it split the wallpaper in half. I solved the problem by rebooting, but it was rather odd.

On3wheels

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site

batt life rocks on this ROM...think is might have something to do with it seeming to run cooler as well. Only recommendation/suggestion is functional handset mic with headphones plugged in, which i see is in the works so keep on keepin on...
Thanks for the awesome ROM. look forward to your upcoming offferings...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer