[ROM] CM7.2 Port for Optimus S by thekraven 3/9 zvd only

garbb

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM] CM7.2 Port for Optimus S by thekraven 2/7/2012 zvd only

With this ROM, the battery drains extremely quickly with bluetooth turned on. Using the better battery stats app I have seen that a kernel wakelock called "msm_serial_hs_dma" is not allowing the phone to sleep when bluetooth is turned on. I found a forum post about this bug on a different phone on xda here which says that this issue is "the UART clock is never disabled" and reading the thread further it appears that they eventually fixed the bug. Hopefully this information will be of help to thekraven for this rom. That link also has a link to code changes which I think fixed the bug. A different handset, but hopefully will be relevent to the optimus s.

I have tried different kernels with this ROM and the bug persists.

I have attached screenshots of the wakelock screen from betterbatterystats showing the msm_serial_hs_dma wakelock and one showing how the phone is awake 100% of the time bluetooth is enabled.

Also, the same bug exists in the cold-as-ice ZVD CM9 port.

Last edited:

jnow2

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site

Looked for changelogs....what does the 3/9 build offer over the 3/7 build?

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site

3-7 mini update.

Fixed camera focus muting
Added color changes for the date, battery and signal status. It changes when you select clock color and Requires a reboot. Thanks to Jerryscript.
Goo-inside.me app added. Currently working to get support added, So not ready yet. Only thing you might find in the dev/thekraven folder is the 3-9-2012b build which has these changes.

Just wipe cache/dalvic cache and flash in recovery.

If you have any trouble, just reflash the 3-7 roms and gapps.

It was a small update with some camera fixes and more theming color changes for date, battery text, and signal text.

Reactions: jnow2

BobZhome

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site

With this ROM, the battery drains extremely quickly with bluetooth turned on. Using the better battery stats app I have seen that a kernel wakelock called "msm_serial_hs_dma" is not allowing the phone to sleep when bluetooth is turned on. I found a forum post about this bug on a different phone on xda here which says that this issue is "the UART clock is never disabled" and reading the thread further it appears that they eventually fixed the bug. Hopefully this information will be of help to thekraven for this rom. That link also has a link to code changes which I think fixed the bug. A different handset, but hopefully will be relevent to the optimus s.

I have tried different kernels with this ROM and the bug persists.

I have attached screenshots of the wakelock screen from betterbatterystats showing the msm_serial_hs_dma wakelock and one showing how the phone is awake 100% of the time bluetooth is enabled.

Also, the same bug exists in the cold-as-ice ZVD CM9 port.
What kernel are you using?
What setting do you use to see msm_serial_hs_dma?
msm_serial_hs_dma is not listed in BetterBatteryStats v1.7.1.0 with BlueTooth on and kernel v3.7 :confused:

garbb

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site

What kernel are you using?
The default kernel in 3.7.2012c-cm72RC1-IHO-Kraven-LS670-signed.zip which is 2.6.32.9-v3.7 bobzhome@ubuntu
I have seen the issue in older builds as well and with gingerkernel 0.81 with this rom but definately not with any LG-based rom with any kernel. It only seems to exist with CM7/CM9 roms for some reason.

What setting do you use to see msm_serial_hs_dma?
I do not change any settings from default from flashing the rom except for turning bluetooth on.

msm_serial_hs_dma is not listed in BetterBatteryStats v1.7.1.0 with BlueTooth on and kernel v3.7 :confused:
You have to hit the menu button, then more, then "Raw Kernel wakelocks" to see it.

Here is my testing method for re-creating this issue which should answer all your questions.
From rooted phone with ZVD baseband:
First wipe/format boot/system/data/cache and flash Debug-FormatSYSTEM.zip
1.flash 3.7.2012c-cm72RC1-IHO-Kraven-LS670-signed.zip
2.install BetterBatteryStats v1.7.1.0 via adb
3.run BetterBatteryStats once and let it get su permissions
4.turn on bluetooth
5.unplug phone from charger and let phone sit overnight (a few hours should be enough to get sufficient battery stats)
6.open BetterBatteryStats and select "Kernel wakelocks" and "Since unplugged"
7.press menu and select "more" then "Raw Kernel wakelocks"
8.see "msm_serial_hs_dma" at the top at near 100%

let me know if you need any more info/logs etc...

Last edited:
Reactions: BobZhome

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site

Anyone with 3/7 or 3/9 can flash this Settings.apk that shows the baseband thanks to Rauf of the IHO team. Shows LS670ZVD currently in CM7. It needs work to show the full baseband number. Now just need someone on zvj/zvh to flash cm7 and test this file to see what the basebands says. For kicks i guess, it won't make the data/calls work any on zvh/zvj.

garbb

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site

Anyone with 3/7 or 3/9 can flash this Settings.apk that shows the baseband thanks to Rauf of the IHO team. Shows LS670ZVD currently in CM7. It needs work to show the full baseband number. Now just need someone on zvj/zvh to flash cm7 and test this file to see what the basebands says. For kicks i guess, it won't make the data/calls work any on zvh/zvj.

Works with 3/7 and displays ZVH ok.

Reactions: thekraven

nazzo

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

I admit I'm not a keen on linux/android development as I wish to be but now that ZVJ is out will this rom get updated to work with that baseband? For that matter, would there be any benefits to syncing with an official Gingerbread release?

jdtreb06

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site

The setting patch also works with the 2/7 barebones to show the baseband (ZVD). Thanks.

maru2001

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site

Anyone else getting a bug where you cant turn off wifi and you cant turn on data? Also I will set a brightness and turn off screen and when I turn it on again the brightness is all the way down. I freshly installed and haven't installed many apps. It works fine for a week or so but then I get those bugs. I wiped caches and dirty flashed over but it keeps happening.

ens04

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site

Looks like handset mic with regular headphones might be fixed thanks to adfad666 Gerrit Code Review

does this mean you will implement this into a new build? or will be able to flash something over the current cm7 build?
I have been waiting for the handset mic w/ headphones. It will be totally worth it once we have this in a new build.

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I tried just the new patches, and headset with mic doesn't work. But the handset mic worked like it should with normal headphones. There are differences between gsm phone audio vs. Cdma phone drivers. I guess for now it could be a flashable fix for those with regular headphones

panasrsm

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site

What's the purpose of CM7.settings.basebandtest1.zip ? Is this a fix for something that we need to install ?

prowlingfox

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site

I tried just the new patches, and headset with mic doesn't work. But the handset mic worked like it should with normal headphones. There are differences between gsm phone audio vs. Cdma phone drivers. I guess for now it could be a flashable fix for those with regular headphones

sign me up :p

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site

Flash this, but you will lose headset mic functionality. This allows regular headphone with phone microphone working. Call clarity seems to be improved.

Reactions: jnow2 and ens04

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair