[ROM] CM7.2 Port for Optimus S by thekraven 3/9 zvd only

kenharkey7

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
I know this Rom hasn't been updated in a while but how stable is it? My wife has a zvd optimus s and needs a gingerbread Rom (she uses flash to watch videos) and this seems to be the only game in town until some one hopefully builds a new one from the new sources

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I know this Rom hasn't been updated in a while but how stable is it? My wife has a zvd optimus s and needs a gingerbread Rom (she uses flash to watch videos) and this seems to be the only game in town until some one hopefully builds a new one from the new sources

EarthnFire78 also has a cm7 build with ls670 support. That said.... I've heard nothing but good about kraven cm7 build.

Tapatalk'n it from my VM670 running OM-Mandylion IHO on LS670ZVJ firmware

kenharkey7

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
EarthnFire78 also has a cm7 build with ls670 support. That said.... I've heard nothing but good about kraven cm7 build.

Tapatalk'n it from my VM670 running OM-Mandylion IHO on LS670ZVJ firmware

We already tried mandylion, I use it myself so I suggested it to her but she had been complaining about her phone locking up so I figured we would try a native build. Thank you for the feedback, we flashed this one a bit ago, waiting to see if she likes it

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site

This rom was always very stable for me. Loved this rom!!

Jonnny4

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
Love the rom but I need to0 go back to stock to sale the phone back to Sprint because I switched to AT&T. Can anyone point me in the direction for a back to stock guide?

gingerc76

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Re: [ROM][WIP] CM7 Port for Optimus S by thekraven 9-27-2011

which Rom are you using? The 9/25 or 9/27? I updated the centerclock patch for the 9/27 Roms last night. The frameworks changed a lot in those two builds, so a new centerclock patch was needed. I have it working on ADW and LP on the 9/27 build. Testing out the Cotton Candy theme. Only thing bugging me is the notification overlay of the clock, I'll work on that.
ADW...........................................................................................LP
http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ls7ilo34BU1ql2caso1_400.pnghttp://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ls7izs086B1ql2caso1_400.png

Does anyone know where to find this theme or did the name change to CandyColorSwap ADWTheme? Thanks in advance!

Umigobbles

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Thanks Kraven, for your work on this. Reborn was my first and only Rom since getting my Opti. I was very happy with it's stability as a daily driver and it's snappiness but was afraid to try anything else because of those very reasons. I took the CM7 plunge and I wish I didn't wait so long. It's an absolutely stable and smooth Rom and it has everything I want and need in a daily driver....and then some! Thanks again.

gingerc76

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I really like most of kraven's roms. I've almost tried them all and this is the latest one I'm on right now. Just wish I somehow can get slim rom to cooperate with me as far as low memory due to the apps I've reinstalled from backup. This works for me until I get my hands on a upgrade. Oops hit the submit button too soon :p

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

stlarenas

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I have an Optimus that is currently running DanteRom on ZVJ. I would like to try this Rom out but want to make sure I have the right steps in order...since it looks like things have changed since the OP was created.

Is this correct:
1)Create nandroid backup
2)wipe cache, delvick, and data
3) flash ROM
4) flash ZVD to ZVJ patch-OptS-08162012.zip (190.75KB)
5) reboot

Am I missing anything? Do I need to flash a gapps version?

Thanks
Diane

Axe

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I believe any ROM not based on stock requires the gapps to be flashed after the initial ROM. This ROM's write up sounded confusing to me compared to the ICS or Jelly Bean flavors. Maybe I'm just imagining things.

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I have an Optimus that is currently running DanteRom on ZVJ. I would like to try this Rom out but want to make sure I have the right steps in order...since it looks like things have changed since the OP was created.

Is this correct:
1)Create nandroid backup
2)wipe cache, delvick, and data
3) flash ROM
4) flash ZVD to ZVJ patch-OptS-08162012.zip (190.75KB)
5) reboot

Am I missing anything? Do I need to flash a gapps version?

Thanks
Diane

Not sure which recovery you are using, but I would wipe or format /system along with the other wipes. Then, yes, you will want to flash the Gapps before rebooting; thekraven had one with VVM working available for this ROM.

You may wish to consider moving your radio back to ZVD if you are going to start flashing, as it appears to be the more versatile of the lot and will save you that extra patch in several cases. Many report the data to be more reliable as well.

Axe

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Since I haven't tried this ROM yet, can someone briefly compare the functionality difference to the GTR Reloaded port?

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
You may wish to consider moving your radio back to ZVD if you are going to start flashing, as it appears to be the more versatile of the lot and will save you that extra patch in several cases. Many report the data to be more reliable as well.

Really? I've gone out of my way to bring my ov to zvj and though I can't rule out placebo effect I think zvj gets better more reliable service. I am pretty sure in most cases I get about one bar more then any zvd variant.

Tapatalk'n it from my VM670 running OM-Mandylion on LS670ZVJ firmware