[ROM] CM7.2 Port for Optimus S by thekraven 3/9 zvd only

daisychopper

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Really? I've gone out of my way to bring my ov to zvj and though I can't rule out placebo effect I think zvj gets better more reliable service. I am pretty sure in most cases I get about one bar more then any zvd variant.

Tapatalk'n it from my VM670 running OM-Mandylion on LS670ZVJ firmware

My GPS is always crappy on ZVJ. Makes Google Maps almost unusable.

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
My GPS is always crappy on ZVJ. Makes Google Maps almost unusable.

GPS has nothing to do with the radio. GPS controls are part of the kernel and rom itself. Now it is possible that stock ZVJ has GPS issues (never heard of any but this is a possibility) but it is not related to the radio itself.

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
True, but if he is navigating and Maps/Navigation needs a data connection, it could play into a poor experience.

I will give you that. My experience with both basebands was they got about the same signal level on phone and data, but if I had to give an edge it would be for the ZVJ baseband. But with that in mind, different areas of the country pull from different spectrums of the cellular bandwidth, and as such I feel that certain radios will function better on different bands of the spectrum. So someone in the Midwest can have a completely different experience than someone on the west coast. So in that regard I can concede the point to a degree.

So I would suggest if you are pleased with cellular and data connections, don't switch! It is easy enough to apply the baseband patch if you want to run a zvd rom on a ZVJ radio.

Esp_eon

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I found a relatively minor bug today. If you have the htc-sense style previews turned on for the desktop, and you also use the new dockbar, then the dockbar has to be visible for the previews to work (otherwise, the screen just hangs for a while.)

DoomMunky

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
I finally figured out my problems logging into my google account: I had 2-step Verification turned on in my Google Account.

2 Step Verification does not work with older Android devices!

After a clean install of this ROM I was entering my password into Google like normal and getting a 'wrong user/pass' notice, and was completely frustrated. I turned off 2-Step Verification and got in instantly. You may also be able to use the 'use application-specific password' in the Google privacy options to make it work, but I didn't try that.

Love the ROM! Thanks a million!

Esp_eon

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
For some reason my phone is unable to connect to the internet when using wifi, however, its data connection works. I've tried reflashing and dirty flashing, both to no avail. It is quite puzzling, since my laptop can connect to the wifi fine.

williek113

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
By far my favorite rom. I sometimes switch around to another rom, but nothing delivers like this. On another rom there's always something up about it. Whether is mms, sms, data, speed, storage, OS, other roms just can't live up the the expectations and requirements I really need in a rom. Thank you TheKraven.

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums

gingerc76

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Yep have to agree, this rom is awesome. I've been on it for a good while & it's the last rom I flashed before my upgrade to the prevail. I tried reborn, S rom, CAI, oxygen & even slim rom but failed on that attempt. So I decided on this one, maybe old but still the greatest!

Sent from my LG-LS670 using cm7 cotton candy

williek113

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Absolutely love this rom, it has many things I just can't live without. While there are many things I LOVE about it, I've noticed that after a while (maybe its just me) many settings options say they're working but don't do anything. When this happens I need to reflash the rom and start over. It gets very frustrating having to reflash all the time. The only other zip I flashed with the rom was the Amphetamines speed tweak thing. I'm not sure if thats what is causing the problem but Im just stating the problem.

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums

daisychopper

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
GPS has nothing to do with the radio. GPS controls are part of the kernel and rom itself. Now it is possible that stock ZVJ has GPS issues (never heard of any but this is a possibility) but it is not related to the radio itself.

Interesting; it may have been the ROM/kernel then. The GPS would take forever to get a lock (or would just never get a lock); it's what kept me off of HydroROM and the one other ZVJ ROM I'd tried at the time.

stlarenas

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I've been using this Rom on my disasters phone for a couple of months without issue. However lately she has been having trouble with her data signal (slow /no connections, missed or delayed texts etc)

I was thinking that updating her PRL might help.

Do you agree?
If so, what is the easiest way to do this, it doesn't look like it is an option in cm7?

If not, what else can I check for?

Thanks

Edit... Hehe I meant my daughters, not disasters, phone.... But at 14 disaster is often the better descriptor :-D

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I've been using this Rom on my disasters phone for a couple of months without issue. However lately she has been having trouble with her data signal (slow /no connections, missed or delayed texts etc)

I was thinking that updating her PRL might help.

Do you agree?
If so, what is the easiest way to do this, it doesn't look like it is an option in cm7?

If not, what else can I check for?

Thanks

Edit... Hehe I meant my daughters, not disasters, phone.... But at 14 disaster is often the better descriptor :-D
I had this problem too with my Sprint device. I changed carriers and it went away!
Seriously, it is most likely something carrier side.

You can try a PRL and profile update and that may help. You will need to use a stock-based ROM to do this. Easiest way is to:
Make a nandroid backup in recovery, then restore a stock-based ROM nandroid.
Perform the PRL and profile update in your stock-based ROM, then restore your CM7 nandroid.

Esp_eon

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I hate to double post, but it's been a while.
Is there any way to increase the buffer size or process priority of the stock music player? I've been noticing some stuttering when my phone enters deep sleep, then no playback for about 2 seconds, then continued playback as normal after that.

Esp_eon

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I set the min clock speed up to 600 mz, nothing below that would work. I switched to cm10 afterwards since I'm testing some friend's jelly bean app to see if it works on lower end phones, so I'll be sticking around on it now. I'm hoping that I can get cm 7 music working on it, although I'm not holding out hope.

Drew5316

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM] CM7.2 Port for Optimus S by thekraven 2/7/2012 zvd only

Flash this, but you will lose headset mic functionality. This allows regular headphone with phone microphone working. Call clarity seems to be improved.
Is there a way to uninstall this? I need to use the headset mic for a Square Register reader. Thanks.
Drew

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38