Help with custom recovery

DDT12

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Alright, i wouldn't say I'm an expert, this is my first root and first android phone, but I catch on quick and understand the mechanics.

i rooted with gingersnap, no problems.
I flashed the custom recovery with adb and rebooted. (xionia CWMA v.1.2518) no problem.
created a backup. No problem.
flashed cleanrom and rebooted. No problem.
Didnt like the rom so I went back into recovery, restored my backup and rebooted. No problems.
Now i want to try the reborn mod but I can't get into recovery to flash it. Everytime I try I get stuck at the LG splash screen. Whether I boot with the button combos or adb. I've tried replacing the flash_image file and the xionia img file with the same results. No luck. =/ I apologize if i broke any rules. First post. Thank you in advance for any help.

shawnmooney2

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
you forgot to wipe your data out?
forum.ppcgeeks.com/lg-optimus-s/146287-how-return-100-stock-rom-recovery.html][HOW TO] Return to 100% Stock ROM and Recovery! - PPCGeek
not sure if this will work, i just spent 5 hours updating optimus' from v9 to vd to put s rom on but i was able to still boot the phones

with it off up home and power should take u to the custom recovery best to use the thunder one to get usb access. hope it helps.. i have a droid x and completely forgot what having an unlocked boot loader was like and forgot those steps

DDT12

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
and its bricked now. followed those steps, boots and just stays at lg screen. if I try to boot into recovery it goes to a black screen, and I cant seem to get it into emergency mode.

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
and its bricked now. followed those steps, boots and just stays at lg screen. if I try to boot into recovery it goes to a black screen, and I cant seem to get it into emergency mode.
You're phone might not be bricked, you just might have a newer LCD screen. Can you sell connect to ADB shell on pc?
Try screencast and see if anything comes up.

sent from my CM7 gingerbread Optimus S

Always happy to help, hit that thanks button if I did!

Last edited:

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site

Was Rom Manager involved at any point in time?

DDT12

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
no, I heeded the warnings about rom manager. ha my theory is that something happemed with the custom recovery preventing it from launching. once I followed shawnmooneys instructions I think something may have gone wrong with flashing the stock recovery, so once I went to factory reset it threw my phone into the recovery boot loop which is a problem since my phone would hang at the lg screen when attempting to launch the,custom recovery. just my thoughts. im getting no connection with the pc and it was fine originally so I ruled out the lcd.

update: got it in emergency mode, gonnna follow that route

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adelinachau53674