what version will not let me root?

rnr1224

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
my lg optimus s has android 2.2.2 and has LS670ZVD as the SW Version. will this still allow me to root it? im a mac btw if that makes any difference

ZeroCool1980

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
Yes you can root it

You can root and install the custom recovery with this one too.

EDIT: The second link I posted won't work with a MAC. :confused: The first one will though. ;)

I have the Optimus S from Sprint hence the S, I have done everything the instructions tell me to to ROOT with Gingersnap Prog and nothing happens, all drivers .Net4, C++ and Gingersnap all installed on Win-7 PC I hit run and in a flash says ROOT complete and device is rebooting, though no reboot and after manual reboot has not been rooted... USB Debugging turned on, SWv LS670ZVD, Android v 2.2.2.. Can you or anyone else tell me why this is not working? or send me to a forum that contains information on ROOTing that will work?

PS I have also tried using the cmd rout and forcing the root but on the 3rd string of commands there is a unrecognized command and I can not get any further using that method either..

Last edited by a moderator:

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Don't ask for help and then in the same post bash the site you are posting on.

That will get you nowhere.

Edit: We all thank you for editing that comment out of your post.

To make a suggestion for your issue, make sure you have the proper drivers for the phone installed on your pc, also make sure you run gingersnap after a fresh reboot of your phone. It may take several tries.

Last edited:
Reactions: basketthis

Catfish

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I have the Optimus S from Sprint hence the S, I have done everything the instructions tell me to to ROOT with Gingersnap Prog and nothing happens, all drivers .Net4, C++ and Gingersnap all installed on Win-7 PC I hit run and in a flash says ROOT complete and device is rebooting, though no reboot and after manual reboot has not been rooted... USB Debugging turned on, SWv LS670ZVD, Android v 2.2.2.. Can you or anyone else tell me why this is not working? or send me to a forum that contains information on ROOTing that will work?

PS I have also tried using the cmd rout and forcing the root but on the 3rd string of commands there is a unrecognized command and I can not get any further using that method either..
Make sure if your doing the manual way of rooting it that you are actually changing to the folder that has the adb.exe in it on your computer or it will never work

2) Change to the directory where you extracted the files from OptimusRootZVD.zip
Quote:
cd C:\wherever\you\put\the\files

3) Prepare the /data/local/tmp directory with write permissions (THIS IS REQUIRED!)
Quote:
adb shell
rm -r /data/local/tmp
mkdir /data/local/tmp
exit

Last edited by a moderator:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams