sprint football live

mcasas

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I'm rooted and currently running srom. I can install sprint football live ok but when I try and open it, it says this application is for sprint and Nextel users only.anyone have any ideas what's going on.thanks

c4manceph

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Have you confirmed that WiFi is turned off prior to launching the app? Make sure you are only trying to connect via the Sprint Network.

jsm0377

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Edit the build.prop.

Change:
ro.cdma.home.operator.alpha=srom

To:
ro.cdma.home.operator.alpha=Sprint

Use an app like ES File Explorer. In ES File Explorer go into Settings then into Root Options. From there, check Root Explorer and select HIAPK and Mount File System so /system is then writable and open build.prop located in /system. Make the change and then save it. Reboot and you're golden.

Last edited:
Reactions: jasenr and Connervt

SylvianDark

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Edit the build.prop.

Change:

To:

Use an app like ES File Explorer. In ES File Explorer go into Settings then into Root Options. From there, check Root Explorer and select HIAPK and Mount File System so /system is then writable and open build.prop located in /system. Make the change and then save it. Reboot and you're golden.

Not my thread, but I wanted to state that this worked perfectly for me. Thanks for the tip.

mcasas

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Edit the build.prop.

Change:

To:thanks I'll give that a try

mcasas

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Edit the build.prop.

Change:

To:

ok i did what you said and now the app is telling me to go into airplane mode then out of airplane mode to reset my data connection.but when i do that the app still doesnt open,i tried the app on my girlfriend none rooted optimus s phone and it does the same exact thing.thanks again for all your help youve already got me further than i was before

jsm0377

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
ok i did what you said and now the app is telling me to go into airplane mode then out of airplane mode to reset my data connection.but when i do that the app still doesnt open,i tried the app on my girlfriend none rooted optimus s phone and it does the same exact thing.thanks again for all your help youve already got me further than i was before
Have you tried to update your data profile and PRL?

kingdavidbaker

Jan 7, 2011
www.kingdavidbaker.com

You said you turned on and off airplane mode after editing the carrier in your build.prop but did you reboot your phone after making the change? If not then you will need to before the change actually takes effect.

dima869

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
Edit the build.prop.

Change:

To:

I tried it, went through es file explorer, selected root explorer, and mount file system. Then went into the /system/build.prop and changed ro.cdma.home.operator.alpha=srom 1.0, to ro.cdma.home.operator.alpha=Sprint. Saved it, rebooted, and it still tells me the same thing. I tried uninstalling the app, and reinstalling it. The wifi is off.

mcasas

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I think its a problem with the app/sprint cuz I can't get the app to work on a stock or rooted phone. The reason I like sfl is I can listen to any game live.so if anyone knows a better app to use I'm open for suggestions THANKS

jsm0377

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Hmm... Interesting. I'd try uninstalling it and re-downloading from sprint.com/football. My wife and I used it over the weekend and it worked beautifully. She has a stock Transform with 2.2.

Reactions: junkshow

junkshow

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Hmm... Interesting. I'd try uninstalling it and re-downloading from sprint.com/football. My wife and I used it over the weekend and it worked beautifully. She has a stock Transform with 2.2.

This worked great for me on thekraven's CM7 build, thanks!

mcasas

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
still no luck for me even tried calling sprint.they said if it doesnt work after i redownload it i need to go to the sprint store.now why would i want to do that to my rooted optimus s i dont want a paperweight.

piwakit67

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Why do you complain if you root your phone because you dont like some aspect of the Sprint software. And then when you cant do things that are sprint oriented you get mad. Dont root your phone and it will work perfectly.

piwakit67

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
if you want the thing to work correctly dont root it and if you do dont get mad at sprint or the person you are talking to on the phone because it doesnt work because YOU ROOTED IT!

mcasas

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
just to let you know my sprint football live works im still rooted and because im rooted i can watch games live on my phone

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
if you want the thing to work correctly dont root it and if you do dont get mad at sprint or the person you are talking to on the phone because it doesnt work because YOU ROOTED IT!

Rooting alone does not cause any application to cease working. Further, sROM is based on the Sprint build, so if the hitch was something on the OP's device, it is most likely something very minor that was changed.

If you want to be received well in a forum, introducing yourself by resurrecting an old thread to yell at someone is probably not a good way to start.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non