Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Default Re: [How-To] Rooting LS670ZVH

Ok so rooted phone an wentan put a recovery on an now wen I go into recovey its just a blank screen with the backlight not sure what to do
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #102  

Quote Originally Posted by donbudafuko View Post
    Ok so rooted phone an wentan put a recovery on an now wen I go into recovey its just a blank screen with the backlight not sure what to do
    You probably have the new LCD.

I would suggest using android screencast per Step 2 - Note #1.

If you are adventurous, you can also do step 4 blind. I provided pics for you to visualize what is on the screen.
    [How-To] Rooting LS670ZVH
    Installed ZVH by mistake? Use simple update.zip to revert to ZVD / Froyo

Any chance I'll ever see instructions to root ZVH if I'm on Linux?

I can get through all the steps except 6 because it requires Windows.

I'd like to get true blue gingerbread on my phone but it appears I'll have to wait until it gets a little easier to do.

Global Posts
    1,480 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jmgotham View Post
    Any chance I'll ever see instructions to root ZVH if I'm on Linux?

I can get through all the steps except 6 because it requires Windows.

I'd like to get true blue gingerbread on my phone but it appears I'll have to wait until it gets a little easier to do.
    From what I read, step six is just using adb shell... This does not require windows. The only time its actually necessary to run windows for this phone is to run kp500 or to run the updater tool (one in the same IMO)... You should have adb installed on your Linux machine an you're good to go!
    "Th- th- thinking of a master plan"
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by sfhub View Post
    You probably have the new LCD.

I would suggest using android screencast per Step 2 - Note #1.

If you are adventurous, you can also do step 4 blind. I provided pics for you to visualize what is on the screen.
    I dont have the new screen I got the olds one

Quote Originally Posted by basketthis View Post
    From what I read, step six is just using adb shell... This does not require windows. The only time its actually necessary to run windows for this phone is to run kp500 or to run the updater tool (one in the same IMO)... You should have adb installed on your Linux machine an you're good to go!
    This is correct - went through this rooting process yesterday using Linux without a hitch.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Still playing around

I have a question, I received an OTA update last night from Sprint and I am now at LS670ZVH. I have never rooted my phone. Can I just start from step #6 to root it or will I end up bricking it?
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #108  

Quote Originally Posted by Android Jerk View Post
    I have a question, I received an OTA update last night from Sprint and I am now at LS670ZVH. I have never rooted my phone. Can I just start from step #6 to root it or will I end up bricking it?
    Which version of recovery did you have prior to OTA update? Were you running V9 or VD before the ZVH OTA update?

If you were running V9 recovery, then you can just start from step #6, otherwise you'll need to revert to v9 (second link in my signature) if you want to root ZVH.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #109  

Quote Originally Posted by donbudafuko View Post
    I dont have the new screen I got the olds one
    Which step are you at?

ROM
    Still playing around

I was running ZVD before the OTA update.

Which version of recovery did you have prior to OTA update? Were you running V9 or VD before the ZVH OTA update?

If you were running V9 recovery, then you can just start from step #6, otherwise you'll need to revert to v9 (second link in my signature) if you want to root ZVH.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #111  

Quote Originally Posted by Android Jerk View Post
    I was running ZVD before the OTA update.
    Backup what you can and revert to V9, 2nd link in signature.

Or you can wait for a new gingerbread-specific exploit, which could arrive somewhere between tomorrow and never. We had to wait a couple of months to get gingerbreak, which happened to also work on ZVD froyo.

ROM
    Still playing around

Or you can wait for a new gingerbread-specific exploit, which could arrive somewhere between tomorrow and never. We had to wait a couple of months to get gingerbreak, which happened to also work on ZVD froyo.
    I will try it out, thanks for your help.
    Advisor

How can he revert if he is not rooted? I thought you needed to be rooted to revert?
    Current Device(s): Motorola Droid Razr
    Previous Device(s): LG Optimus S
    Always happy to help out, Just remember to hit that thanks button!
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #114  

Quote Originally Posted by blackops1125 View Post
    How can he revert if he is not rooted? I thought you needed to be rooted to revert?
    If you want to use a NANDROID backup you need to be root. If you use KP500 (or KDZ), you do not.

Which step are you at?
    I got it i used the thunder recovery insted of zefies for some reason it would just give me a back screen. The weird thin bf is that's what I was using befor I went to zvh

ROM
    Ever changing

Noob question, can I up to this with my custom recovery? Also retain both the custom recovery and Reborn ROM?
    Yes, I am The Catboy.

Thumbs down Re: [How-To] Rooting LS670ZVH

microsoft security essentials detected a virus in zvhroot.zip so i can't root...
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #118  

Quote Originally Posted by username4040 View Post
    microsoft security essentials detected a virus in zvhroot.zip so i can't root...
    Which file within the zip?

If it is complaining about "rage", it is a false positive. Some might consider it mal-ware because it is an exploit to give you root, but that is exactly what you want in this case.
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #119  

Quote Originally Posted by A Gay Little Catboy View Post
    Noob question, can I up to this with my custom recovery? Also retain both the custom recovery and Reborn ROM?
    You need to go back to stock V9 recovery to get the root done. After that, you can put back custom recovery. You might have trouble using Reborn ROM with the ZVH radio. If you want to run Reborn ROM, then you probably don't need this update.

Which file within the zip?

If it is complaining about "rage", it is a false positive. Some might consider it mal-ware because it is an exploit to give you root, but that is exactly what you want in this case.
    here you go i took a screenshot to show you what i get when i scan the .zip
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails [How-To] Manual Rooting of LS670ZVH/ZVJ (+ links to root ZVD/ZV9)-01.jpg  
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #121  

here you go i took a screenshot to show you what i get when i scan the .zip
    Can you click on "Details"?

I think it is complaining about rage/rageagainstthecage. This is a root exploit executable that runs on your phone, not your PC. In some sense some might consider it mal-ware since it roots your phone, but that is exactly what you want to happen in this case.

I'm not using security essentials but when I scan the zip nothing is flagged.

You can try scanning the zip file in the ZVC root thread and see if you get the same warning. These are the same root exploit executables.
    [How-to] Guide to Rooting with software version LS670ZVC

Can you click on "Details"?

I think it is complaining about rage/rageagainstthecage. This is a root exploit executable that runs on your phone, not your PC. In some sense some might consider it mal-ware since it roots your phone, but that is exactly what you want to happen in this case.

I'm not using security essentials but when I scan the zip nothing is flagged.

You can try scanning the zip file in the ZVC root thread and see if you get the same warning. These are the same root exploit executables.
    [How-to] Guide to Rooting with software version LS670ZVC
    Category: Exploit

Description: This program is dangerous and exploits the computer on which it is run.

Recommended action: Remove this software immediately.

Security Essentials detected programs that may compromise your privacy or damage your computer. You can still access the files that these programs use without removing them (not recommended). To access these files, select the Allow action and click Apply actions. If this option is not available, log on as administrator or ask the security administrator for help.

Items:
    containerfile:C:\Users\Delano\Desktop\zvhroot.zip
    containerfile:C:\Users\Delano\Desktop\zvhroot.zip.crdownload
    file:C:\Users\Delano\Desktop\zvhroot.zip->zvhroot/copy2sd/000root/rage
    file:C:\Users\Delano\Desktop\zvhroot.zip.crdownload->zvhroot/copy2sd/000root/rage
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #123  

Items:
    containerfile:C:\Users\Delano\Desktop\zvhroot.zip
    containerfile:C:\Users\Delano\Desktop\zvhroot.zip.crdownload
    file:C:\Users\Delano\Desktop\zvhroot.zip->zvhroot/copy2sd/000root/rage
    file:C:\Users\Delano\Desktop\zvhroot.zip.crdownload->zvhroot/copy2sd/000root/rage
    Yes, that is a false positive. That executable cannot run on Intel processors. It can only run on ARM processors like the one that is on your phone. There is no way that file can damage your PC. The only way it will damage your phone is if, after getting root, you decide to do something bad like run ROM manager.

Security Essentials should come back with the same complaint with the ZVC root package in the link I provided above.

Yes, that is a false positive. That executable cannot run on Intel processors. It can only run on ARM processors like the one that is on your phone. There is no way that file can damage your PC. The only way it will damage your phone is if, after getting root, you decide to do something bad like run ROM manager.

Security Essentials should come back with the same complaint with the ZVC root package in the link I provided above.
    oh okay thanks! just making sure

okay so whenever i type in install.bat i get this error C:\zvhroot>install.bat

C:\zvhroot>adb push copy2sd /sdcard/
    push: copy2sd/000root/xionia_cwma_12518.6.img -> /sdcard/000root/xionia_cwma_125
    18.6.img
    failed to copy 'copy2sd/000root/xionia_cwma_12518.6.img' to '/sdcard/000root/xio
    nia_cwma_12518.6.img': Permission denied
Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast