[How-To] Manual Rooting of LS670ZVH/ZVJ (+ links to root ZVD/ZV9)

bertimus2002

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
Re: [How-To] Rooting LS670ZVH (temporary instructions)

Have you tried running Android Screencast? You can see your phone's screen on your PC so you won't be doing it blindly.

I had it running, but when it went to reboot to recovery the Screencast never came back

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
So the whole process of reverting to V9 recovery and updating to ZVH and rooting it takes about what on average? So far one person said about 2 minutes. Is this correct?

sent from my CM7/Reborn w/ 1 Gb internal storage Optimus S

Always happy to help, hit that thanks button if I did

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
So the whole process of reverting to V9 recovery and updating to ZVH and rooting it takes about what on average? So far one person said about 2 minutes. Is this correct?

No, lol, took me about 15 to 20 minutes. And I took my time.

Edit. Second thought, it probably took me close to 30 minutes. It can definitely be done faster than that though.

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

I had it running, but when it went to reboot to recovery the Screencast never came back
Ok, I got an Optimus handy now and was able to try it. I made sure USB debugging was enabled in Android, I started Android Screencast, I did reboot recovery from within adb shell, and it booted into V9 recovery with the recovery showing on the Android Screencast window.

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
No, lol, took me about 15 to 20 minutes. And I took my time.

Edit. Second thought, it probably took me close to 30 minutes. It can definitely be done faster than that though.
OK thanks, at least I have I idea how long it will take when I do this when I get home from work.

dafluke24

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site

I just rooted, loaded Xionia and flashed gROM. Had some hiccups but total time for me was about 30 mins. Majority was constantly reading over and over to make sure I didn't screw anything up. I'm now officially on ZVH without the sprint crapware.

Thanks to everyone who put their time and efforts into making this an awesome phone!

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

I know drew was having a hard time getting screencast to work with v9 recovery.
I went back and tested different scenarios.

I could not get it to work if the *first time* I started Android Screencast was from V9 recovery. It would die with a java.lang.RuntimeException (in the case the adb.exe background process was running on windows) or an "Unable to launch the application." error (if the adb.exe background process was not running)

However I *was* able to get Android Screencast to display the V9 recovery screen if I first started it while Android was running (and saw the Android framebuff in Screencast), then did "reboot recovery" from within "adb shell".

Reactions: jschofie2

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site

I went back and tested different scenarios.

I could not get it to work if the *first time* I started Android Screencast was from V9 recovery. It would die with a java.lang.RuntimeException (in the case the adb.exe background process was running on windows) or an "Unable to launch the application." error (if the adb.exe background process was not running)

However I *was* able to get Android Screencast to display the V9 recovery screen if I first started it while Android was running (and saw the Android framebuff in Screencast), then did "reboot recovery" from within "adb shell".

I was literally about to post exactly that because that's exactly the issue I was having, and that's also exactly the workaround I discovered.

You stole the words right out of my.....keyboard?

bertimus2002

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site

I was literally about to post exactly that because that's exactly the issue I was having, and that's also exactly the workaround I discovered.

You stole the words right out of my.....keyboard?

This is what worked for me. Now running rooted ZVH, just waiting for a new ROM to drop with tethering included :)

skyspyder

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site

I keep getting force closes on superuser, any suggestions? I have read, re-read, and read the steps again, i got # when rooting but when i install SU i get the force close.

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

For those folks with new LCDs, I added estimated times and pictures for the ZVH blind update portion

jas2743

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Re: [How-To] Rooting LS670ZVH

Has anyone tried rom manager with this? Lol Just curious

Also, I'm correct in saying that someone has tried gingerbreak and it doesn't work.... Correct?

Last edited:

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site

Also, I'm correct in saying that someone has tried gingerbreak and it doesn't work.... Correct?
Rom manager are you serious? Read stickies.

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Re: [How-To] Rooting LS670ZVH

Nobody has posted trying rom manager.

A couple of people including Drew tried it and it didn't work. GingerBreak didn't work with the VD recovery either.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer