[How-To] Manual Rooting of LS670ZVH/ZVJ (+ links to root ZVD/ZV9)

Amber.scheel

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Re: [How-To] Rooting LS670ZVH

I need help! My phone was rooted under ZVD with Gingersnap, yesterday my phone got updated to the ZVH and it unrooted my phone. How do I reroot with the ZVH already running now??? Please help me.

donbudafuko

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site

Pob not the place to ask but was just wandering if I can put a customerecovery on with out having roo I have stck gb just was wandering

pilot03

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site

Little trouble with rooting ZVH. I got it updated and started the root method posted. Everything goes smoothly up to doing the push for rage, su, busy box, but when I have to enter adb shell it is not found. Am I missing something?

memsman

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

Little trouble with rooting ZVH. I got it updated and started the root method posted. Everything goes smoothly up to doing the push for rage, su, busy box, but when I have to enter adb shell it is not found. Am I missing something?

I don't recall the exact step, but you can check whether usb debugging is enabled.

Nete

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site

My phone I think has already downloaded the update but it hasn't been installed. There isn't any update.zip on my sdcard already so I'm assuming the update was put internally on the phone. If I download the update.zip and put it on my sdcard will there be conflict?

Thanks

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Are the files in the right directory, so that adb shell can fine them?

sent from my CM7/Reborn w/ 1 Gb internal storage Optimus S

Always happy to help, hit that thanks button if I did

pilot03

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site

Are the files in the right directory, so that adb shell can fine them?

Please explain. I have sdk added and everything downloaded from the root setup. Other then that, I don't know why it won't get past the adb shell process. That's where I get stuck from finishing the root. Your info is much appreciated.

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

My phone I think has already downloaded the update but it hasn't been installed. There isn't any update.zip on my sdcard already so I'm assuming the update was put internally on the phone. If I download the update.zip and put it on my sdcard will there be conflict?
Just get rid of or move the OTA update.zip so it doesn't take up space. It is in your /cache directory (internal storage on the phone)

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

Could you confirm you took care of Part 6 - Note #1 (run the V8->V9 update.zip to mount /system)? There is link to a picture of what you should have seen on your screen in the first post.

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

Is there a way to roll back to ZVD??
Yes, you can roll back to ZVD. You do not need root. Just follow the instructions in the 2nd link of my signature. Substitute the ZVD cab (found in the reference section) for the ZV9 cab in the main instructions of that post.

dpollard55

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site

Please explain. I have sdk added and everything downloaded from the root setup. Other then that, I don't know why it won't get past the adb shell process. That's where I get stuck from finishing the root. Your info is much appreciated.

If your on Windows 7 64bit then copy su rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin and busy box to C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools then when you open the command prompt in windows change to this directory cd\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools now adb shell should work and find the files.

Alternative method to run adb shell any where within Windows..... right click my computer and choose properties... click advanced system settings... choose the advanced tab at the top then choose environment variables at the bottom... in the bottom window scroll down to Path and choose Edit... in the variable value field paste this at the END of everything else DO NOT DELETE ANYTHING IN THIS LINE... ;C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools .... click ok on all the windows and now you can run adb shell from any folder

Last edited: