[How-To] Manual Rooting of LS670ZVH/ZVJ (+ links to root ZVD/ZV9)

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
i am having some trouble lil new to this but ...i have rooted zvd and tried this and some trouble...when i choose to install.bat line code. comes back permission denied...any quick ideas?
Cut and paste the command and error or screenshot please.

Are you running install.bat in windows command prompt?

Last edited:

ryanl313

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
im getting permission denied after successfully installing the install.bat and running the shell. when i type su and hit enter, it returns su and after a few minutes says permission denied and returns to $, not a #.
i have ZD and its rooted, i have a terminal emulator and i can su in that and it says Superuser granted and returns # where i can then cd /system and use ls to view the contents...

ryanl313

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
Re: [How-To] Rooting LS670ZVH

Before you type "su" turn your screen on and unlock the display. After you type "su" look for a prompt on the screen asking you for permission to allow su to attain root. I believe that is what is biting you. If it isn't that, then possibly GingerSnap didn't work even though it says it did. In that case, I would try the GingerBreak method.

this fixed my post above... many thanks man

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
i am trying the root and when i do the frist install the adb shell then type in su, it tells me su denied any ideas?
You need to be "rooted" on your current version first to follow these directions.

If you are currently on stock recovery/rom, then I suggest you just install the ZVH update.zip in the first post, then use one of the new automated ZVH rooting methods in this post:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...ls670zvh-automated-no-revert-wipe-needed.html

generosity

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Excellent guide, however, I am having a problem part way through.

I am coming from Reborn ROM. Did I need to revert to stock ZVD before running this update? If so, is there a nice tutorial for that? I flashed ZVH, following the instructions here, and I am now in a boot loop with my custom boot animation from Reborn ROM... Stuck in the loop for about 15 minute so far...

Thanks!

Update: nm, seems to be working fine now. Did factory wipe, re-flashed, then booted up fine.

Last edited:

newfireorange

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Guys, I get all the way to the, "press menu to apply update.zip" part. I do that and it says signature verification error. I realize that in the original post it explains that either my download is corrupted or I skipped step three. I am stuck. Any suggestions? I'm on Reborn ROM. Custom recovery and all.

The update.zip is on the root of my SD card.
I have installed the VH Recovery as required by the tutorial.

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Guys, I get all the way to the, "press menu to apply update.zip" part. I do that and it says signature verification error. I realize that in the original post it explains that either my download is corrupted or I skipped step three. I am stuck. Any suggestions? I'm on Reborn ROM. Custom recovery and all.

The update.zip is on the root of my SD card.
I have installed the VH Recovery as required by the tutorial.
Are you talking about step #4 or step #6?

If step #6, that is an expected error (as show in the pic)

Also if you are at step #6, you have ZVH installed on you could just use the Automated Root in the sticky (also in my signature)

Rimshot4

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Android Market Checkout not working

Hi Scott,

Thanks very much for the ROM, it's awesome. Had to switch because of one very odd error I can find no reference to anywhere: When I try to purchase an app from Android Market, I get the message "An error has occurred. Please try again."

Note, that's only when I try to PURCHASE an app, when it should be verifying my credit card information, right before I give the final "Purchase" button click. Free apps: no problem. Just when it's looking up my credit card info. Very, very weird.

Stock mod worked fine, other mods work fine. Your mod appears to be the best, except for that quirk.

The only possible wildcard I can think of is that my phone is tied to I-Wireless, from Kroger.

I may actually have to switch back to your ROM and get the Amazon app store, which I thought I would never do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair