returning to stock method....

eletendre84

#sarcasm
Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I was doing a little googling, and happened to come across this thread on PCGeeks

[HOW TO] Return to 100% Stock ROM and Recovery! - PPCGeeks

It basically uses KDZ to flash the factory LG Image on the phone (stock VD Recovery, Stock VD Rom).

Does this work? Has anyone used it? I had no problems rooting, installing recovery or flashing rom's (using Drews CM7 right now, its awesome, and I cannot wait to see what he can do with the Official GB Source), however, I like to have a back up plan if I ever need to return to stock.

Will this method work or do I need to follow all the steps in the simplifed return to stock thread?

Thanks,

Eric

Reactions: anon(103683)

dpollard55

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
worked for me perfectly.... just follow directions carefully, also I had to reboot my PC after installing msxml before the kdz_fw_UPD would run correctly after that its point click and wait pretty much :D

eletendre84

#sarcasm
Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
perfect, thank you! this seems to be the absolute easiest way to revert to stock that I have seen, bringing you right to VD, which I would then assume would let you upgrade to VH, either OTA or using the LG Updater. I know root can only be achieved with V9 right now, but I can wait until Drew or one of the other awesome devs get its with Xionia CWMA or even the stock VD.

anon(103683)

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
No issues returning to stock. However I still have custom recovery installed after running the program. How do I get stock recovery installed?

Last edited:

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
No issues returning to stock. However I still have custom recovery installed after running the program. How do I get stock recovery installed?
Everything you need is here:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...67361-how-simplified-unroot-return-stock.html

However, if you wanted to return to stock recovery, it should have been done prior to kdz/kp500 force flashing. Now you'll need to temporary root to flash the stock recovery. Other tidbits on returning to completely stock with no personal info are in the link above.

eletendre84

#sarcasm
Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
so this tool does NOT install stock recovery? Im pretty sure it is supposed to. did it work for you dpollard? as far as installing stock recovery as well?

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
so this tool does NOT install stock recovery? Im pretty sure it is supposed to. did it work for you dpollard? as far as installing stock recovery as well?
kdz is doing the same thing as kp500. They are running the same update files. There are some cases where recovery can be overwritten but most of the time recovery is left alone.

eletendre84

#sarcasm
Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
kdz is doing the same thing as kp500. They are running the same update files. There are some cases where recovery can be overwritten but most of the time recovery is left alone.

gotcha. is there anywhere i can find the stock vc/vd recovery? i have a newer lcd and would prefer not to use screen cast. plus, if i ever have to return to sprint, i do not want mismatched radios.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kevinrshay1984