cant download....

donbudafuko

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
ok so i have reverted back to v9 recovery an flashed the new ZVH update. I have a stock GB have not rooted or anything yet. Phone is my only internet to download an every time i try to download in will go from in progress to fail with in seconds. i have data working but it wont let me download not sure what to do would like to root an put costume recovery an ROM on but i cant download any of it can some one help me not sure what is the problem.Please and Thank you

kingdavidbaker

Jan 7, 2011
www.kingdavidbaker.com
I am having the same problem. I am on the stock ROM however I did follow the instructions to root. I am trying to download "superuser" from the market and it instantly fails. Tried updating profile/prl but this did nothing. Going to try flashing gROM and perhaps GingerKernel and see if the issue persists.

Kamron

Punk a$$ b1tcH
Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
If you follow the root procedure correctly, there will be no need to download "superuser" from the market. su gets pushed during the root process.

Deez2000

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm assuming you definitely have allow unknown sources checked. If so and still not working go to market get Astro file manager open it up go to pref. and check where it says enable browser download. let me know if it works.

kingdavidbaker

Jan 7, 2011
www.kingdavidbaker.com
If you follow the root procedure correctly, there will be no need to download "superuser" from the market. su gets pushed during the root process.

That may be true for VD with gingerbreak but not rooting the new gingerbread update. And I quote....

17) You're done! You may now reboot, install SuperUser from the Market (author: ChainsDD) and have fun with your rooted Optimus!
If you don't install Superuser and ask why you can't get root access, you will be slapped. Hard.

kingdavidbaker

Jan 7, 2011
www.kingdavidbaker.com
I'm assuming you definitely have allow unknown sources checked. If so and still not working go to market get Astro file manager open it up go to pref. and check where it says enable browser download. let me know if it works.

Yes I have allow unknown sources checked. Unfortunately my problem is that I am unable to download anything from the market lol. I am trying to get superuser installed so I can flash a recovery and rom but since I am unable to download anything I can't do jack lol. I got the superuser.apk from 4shared but still need an apk installer app...which I can't download lol.

Kamron

Punk a$$ b1tcH
Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
That may be true for VD with gingerbreak but not rooting the new gingerbread update. And I quote....

17) You're done! You may now reboot, install SuperUser from the Market (author: ChainsDD) and have fun with your rooted Optimus!
If you don't install Superuser and ask why you can't get root access, you will be slapped. Hard.

no no no no no, where are you getting that instruction?

At step 5 of the correct instructions in the ZVH thread it says

adb push rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin /sdcard/rageagainstthecage
adb push su /sdcard/su
adb push busybox /sdcard/busybox

the second line pushes su.

kingdavidbaker

Jan 7, 2011
www.kingdavidbaker.com
no no no no no, where are you getting that instruction?

At step 5 of the correct instructions in the ZVH thread it says

the second line pushes su.

Lol pretty sure I'm getting my instructions from the same place you are. Yes su is pushed but the app itself is still needed for certain things. Check the last step in those instructions.

Edit: Yes you definitely need the superuser application. You will be unable to install a custom recovery without it because the phone/program asks you to provide superuser permissions.

Last edited:

kingdavidbaker

Jan 7, 2011
www.kingdavidbaker.com
BOOM! I installed superuser and then xionia recovery. Once in recovery I wiped data/factory reset and wiped cache. Rebooted and the market works fine.

Yes I wiped my data/factory reset after installing root but perhaps it needed to be done again...idk lol.

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Yes I have allow unknown sources checked. Unfortunately my problem is that I am unable to download anything from the market lol. I am trying to get superuser installed so I can flash a recovery and rom but since I am unable to download anything I can't do jack lol. I got the superuser.apk from 4shared but still need an apk installer app...which I can't download lol.
BTW you just need to place the Superuser.apk in the /system/app directory and set the permissions. You don't have to actually run it through an installer:
Code:
busybox cp Superuser.apk /system/app
chown root.root /system/app/Superuser.apk
chmod 644 /system/app/Superuser.apk

I will work on simplifying those instructions. Wanted to have something people could use quickly so I recycled the ZVC instructions which work but could be more efficient.

For the general discussion:

su is the application you run at command line.

Superuser.apk is the database that keeps track of who gets su permissions

They work in concert.

The ZVC instructions ask you to get Superuser.apk from market, but they might as well be bundled in for simplicity.

Kamron

Punk a$$ b1tcH
Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Sorry, my bad. I had superuser already on my phone from a long time ago, so I forgot that last step because it wasn't necessary in my case. "Superuser.apk" didn't get removed with the update if you were previously rooted.

donbudafuko

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
ok well im not having trouble downloading from the market im having trouble downloading from the internet im trying to root an i cant download anything from the internet i have data working i just cant download anything it will say in progress then it will go to failed an wen i retry it will go to in progres then back to failed. I have a stock GB an I am trying to download the stuff to get it rooted so i can get a custome recovery an GRom installed. i also need to download the recovery an GRom but cant will not download keep say failed

kingdavidbaker

Jan 7, 2011
www.kingdavidbaker.com
ok well im not having trouble downloading from the market im having trouble downloading from the internet im trying to root an i cant download anything from the internet i have data working i just cant download anything it will say in progress then it will go to failed an wen i retry it will go to in progres then back to failed

Can you download anything from the market? Have you tried the "data wipe" from the recovery menu?

Edit: Oh and one of the other things I did was format my SD card. I noticed my sd card seemed to be acting a little strange. Sometimes it would not show a card was inserted until I removed and placed it back in.

donbudafuko

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
did you try downloading astro and checking allow browser downloads under pref tab

not yet but i am downloading it now. will let u know if it works

update: it worked that was weird never had to use astro to download stuff i wander y or is it cus im not rooted yet

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davisongeorge