LG Optimus S lost root and no Google apps

JokersWild0075

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
I successfully rooted my Optimus using Gingersnap then used Clockwork Mod to flash the recovery and install aospCMod-VM670-20110601. I then realized that my ?Google? apps were gone. I tried to download the zip file for ?Gapps? to reinstall but it now appears that I have lost root access. My Clockwork Mod app displays ?Superuser Was not found at /system/bin/su or /system/xbin/su.? I tried to use Gingersnap again and it appears to root but still no dice. I also have tried to root via SDK Manager, Z4 Root, and SuperOneClick Root. I am at a loss and looking for any ideas. I like the Mod but need the Market for obvious reasons. Any help would be appreciated.

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I successfully rooted my Optimus using Gingersnap then used Clockwork Mod to flash the recovery and install aospCMod-VM670-20110601. I then realized that my ?Google? apps were gone. I tried to download the zip file for ?Gapps? to reinstall but it now appears that I have lost root access. My Clockwork Mod app displays ?Superuser Was not found at /system/bin/su or /system/xbin/su.? I tried to use Gingersnap again and it appears to root but still no dice. I also have tried to root via SDK Manager, Z4 Root, and SuperOneClick Root. I am at a loss and looking for any ideas. I like the Mod but need the Market for obvious reasons. Any help would be appreciated.
Did you used Rom Manager?

mike9670

DROID Master
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like a rom manager install which does not work on Optimus s. Seems like he is trying to install virgin mobile rom. Brick warning.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk