Activate a rooted phone with a custom ROM installed.

tommymsw

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
"I am just looking to activate my rooted phone. What is the easiest way I can do that? I am not returning it or selling it."

If you have a rooted phone with a custom ROM and you are trying to activate it with Sprint. These instructions will allow you to do so.

1. Download this: http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-optimus-s-rooting-roms-hacks/86749-gingerbreaked-stock-vd.html
2. Place it on your phone in your nandroid folder.
3. Boot into recovery (optional: make a backup of your current custom ROM)
4. Restore the "stock" backup you downloaded from the link above. (should be last on the list "I think" and dated 20110522)

This allowed me to call Sprint and get my phone activated. I then restored my "custom ROM" backup and that brought my phone back to it's beautiful rooted and custom ROM state that it was in before.

wazel

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
im having this problem with my optimus v i gave my little brother. i believe i made a backup before flashing CM7. I should be able to use the original backup (stock), activate phone, and restore CM7. Right?

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
im having this problem with my optimus v i gave my little brother. i believe i made a backup before flashing CM7. I should be able to use the original backup (stock), activate phone, and restore CM7. Right?

Wrong forum..

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

PatrickAkridge

"The Button Pusher"
Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Woah! That's A NO NO!

You are NEVER supposed to post a Nandroid Backup!

Why?

I don't know, but somebody told me one time that you are TO NEVER POST A NANDROID BACKUP.

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Woah! That's A NO NO!

You are NEVER supposed to post a Nandroid Backup!

Why?

I don't know, but somebody told me one time that you are TO NEVER POST A NANDROID BACKUP.

The linked nandroid backup has been verified safe for over a year.

Nandroid backups contain private information, but the linked one has been cleared of all personal data.

Reactions: Va1ha11a

glenesis

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I had to reactivate my Optimus S this week. My GS2 USB port died..

I have been using my Optimus S as a mini tablet on WiFi under theKraven's build of CM 7.2.

I made a nandroid backup, and flashed to Reborn to activate the phone. No problem. In fact, I am enjoying running Reborn so much that it seems to have become my daily driver :)

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk 2

Evilgoose

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Would it work if I restored my phone to the point before I installed a ROM but after I rooted? I can't seem to get the clean file from your link so I'm wondering if that would work.

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Any stock or stock based rom should work to activate, just don't hit factory reset from the privacy menu

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs