Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By thenameisnigel
  • 1 Post By drewwalton19216801
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Activate a rooted phone with a custom ROM installed.

"I am just looking to activate my rooted phone. What is the easiest way I can do that? I am not returning it or selling it."

If you have a rooted phone with a custom ROM and you are trying to activate it with Sprint. These instructions will allow you to do so.

1. Download this: Gingerbreaked Stock VD
    2. Place it on your phone in your nandroid folder.
    3. Boot into recovery (optional: make a backup of your current custom ROM)
    4. Restore the "stock" backup you downloaded from the link above. (should be last on the list "I think" and dated 20110522)

This allowed me to call Sprint and get my phone activated. I then restored my "custom ROM" backup and that brought my phone back to it's beautiful rooted and custom ROM state that it was in before.

Default Re: Activate a rooted phone with a custom ROM installed.

im having this problem with my optimus v i gave my little brother. i believe i made a backup before flashing CM7. I should be able to use the original backup (stock), activate phone, and restore CM7. Right?

Global Posts
    1,424 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by wazel View Post
    im having this problem with my optimus v i gave my little brother. i believe i made a backup before flashing CM7. I should be able to use the original backup (stock), activate phone, and restore CM7. Right?
    Wrong forum..

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
    Va1ha11a likes this.
    "The Button Pusher"

Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cold as Ice - CM9 kraven

Woah! That's A NO NO!

You are NEVER supposed to post a Nandroid Backup!

Why?

I don't know, but somebody told me one time that you are TO NEVER POST A NANDROID BACKUP.
    Please click the like and thanks buttons if/when I help you out... Also, If you like my work, please consider donating. I greatly appreciate it! Donations are via PayPal, and you may use your debit/credit cards, as well as Bank accounts to help me out with the funds of continuing development of the LG Optimus S.

Global Posts
    2,539 Global Posts
    ROM
    HydroROM

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickAkridge View Post
    Woah! That's A NO NO!

You are NEVER supposed to post a Nandroid Backup!

Why?

I don't know, but somebody told me one time that you are TO NEVER POST A NANDROID BACKUP.
    The linked nandroid backup has been verified safe for over a year.

Nandroid backups contain private information, but the linked one has been cleared of all personal data.
    Thanked by:
    Va1ha11a likes this.
    "The Button Pusher"

Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cold as Ice - CM9 kraven

Quote Originally Posted by drewwalton19216801 View Post
    The linked nandroid backup has been verified safe for over a year.

Nandroid backups contain private information, but the linked one has been cleared of all personal data.
    I was just checking to be sure..

Thanks, Drew.
    Please click the like and thanks buttons if/when I help you out... Also, If you like my work, please consider donating. I greatly appreciate it! Donations are via PayPal, and you may use your debit/credit cards, as well as Bank accounts to help me out with the funds of continuing development of the LG Optimus S.

I had to reactivate my Optimus S this week. My GS2 USB port died..

I have been using my Optimus S as a mini tablet on WiFi under theKraven's build of CM 7.2.

I made a nandroid backup, and flashed to Reborn to activate the phone. No problem. In fact, I am enjoying running Reborn so much that it seems to have become my daily driver

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk 2
    Check out the great rock music on my indie record label at http://131records.com

ROM
    gROM

Would it work if I restored my phone to the point before I installed a ROM but after I rooted? I can't seem to get the clean file from your link so I'm wondering if that would work.

ROM
    Changes Daily

Any stock or stock based rom should work to activate, just don't hit factory reset from the privacy menu

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2