Possibly Overclock gROM 1.1 w/o GingerKernel ?

pergerson6

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Lol! Well this is what I do when my battery is low. I put it on the charger then in about 90 minutes its recharged. After reading this thread I'm gonna buy a evo 3d and a galaxy sII and fuse the three phones together then overclock all three of them with magic then I will have a super phone with 300 hours of talk time 1080p graphics and overclocked to 2000mhz.

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

cloroxx.l

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
Okay, at this point. Mind = Blown. Here's my specs rundown, and I'll post links to build this sweet setup. (Minus the C4 Battery :( )

Xionia CWMA 1.2518.6 Custom Recovery
gROM 2.2.3 v 1.1 GB ROM
Collin_ph Battery Tweak with CPU forced to 825 MHz MIN/MAX

All I gotta say is my nuclear power generator is discharging at a healthy rate

hell yea! see now your at 825! running smooth i presume? what govenor?
And LOL @ generator :p and good luck with the modding!

manny29

May 31, 2011
Visit site
My battery charges so quick and I love it and it last me all day

6b29097a-0de2-d307.jpg
6b29097a-0def-26ff.jpg

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
And I have found something about battery life...

Lousy jobs drain not only your soul, but your battery, too.
[I would love to hear that headline on the evening news!]

Seriously, I have never gotten much more than a day out of my Optimus S with the stock battery. Then I went away for the weekend and turned off the sync to an MS Exchange server. It lasted 2.5 days and had 40% left after some browser action, GPS naving, and a couple of long phone calls.

BZOptimusS

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
I get 3 days outta mine at full bore usage. Inclusive of texting, calling, music, YouTube, a little Netflix, and modding. I'll get 3 full 12 hour periods with it and 2 sleeping periods.

manny29

May 31, 2011
Visit site
I get 3 days outta mine at full bore usage. Inclusive of texting, calling, music, YouTube, a little Netflix, and modding. I'll get 3 full 12 hour periods with it and 2 sleeping periods.

That sounds good but every time you charge it to 100% does everything in battery use goes away

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

BZOptimusS

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Okay, here's been the operation of things thus far, yielding some healthy progress I may report. I was initially told flashing GingerKernel to gROM would cause problems, well in this order, I flashed a series of things and now have NO problems whatsoever with the phone, I can max at 864 MHz and 806 practically. Here's what I did

TOTAL wipe>Flash gROM>Flash GK v03>(Ran into screen problems like glitches)>advised to dirty flash gROM>(took care of problems and removed OC)>flashed battery tweak>(yielded disappointing results as to regardless of my setting of the CPU, it maxxed at 600 w/o GK)>reflashed GK>(surprisingly have no problems with anything) (WEIRD)>installed setcpu and disabled battery tweak>(All is well at 806 MHz.... 768 to be safe.....)

after all that im running GingerKernel on gROM 1.1 GB 2.3.3 with Xionia 1.2518.6

I must say, all is fluid and running smoothly. Will report if screen errors and other problems arise, thanks all for your support and laughs :) Btw my C4 battery is still truckin.:D