Possibly Overclock gROM 1.1 w/o GingerKernel ?

BZOptimusS

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
So I'm running gROM, it's nice and clean, rather laggy in my opinion. however I've heard of the Collin_ph Battery Tweak....

.... Is it theoretically possible to use this Tweak and Overclock the Rooted gROM?

Running gROM 2.3.3 v1.1 and Xionia 1.2518.6 Custom Recovery.

BZOptimusS

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Alrighty, will do, and let all know how it goes. Based on the Collin_ph Battery Tweak Thread, it says I need an OC kernel potentially to make it stick.

BZOptimusS

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
I ran the terminal emu scripts and preset it all to 768 MHz. even though a number of times it showed my available clocks at max 600 MHz. BUT..... it did say throughout the page in diagnostics that i was running 767999 (767.999 MHz) I tried loading a netflix page, seemed radically faster, the keyboard doesnt lag when texting anymore and motion seems more fluid, however it seems slightly delayed in response when scrolling the app menu, barely noticeable. battery life has started to drain a little more quickly also.

oh and by the way, to all those people who were hating on my battery mod, i DC'd from the charger at 7 AM @ 100% and im just at 90%. its 7 PM CST. It speaks for itself.

BZOptimusS

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
look at your talk time and display, mine is far greater and my cell standby is far less. i use my phone. see...... letting most of it sit on standby doesnt count. and 806 is a great OC if you like it resetting while powerusing.

pergerson6

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
look at your talk time and display, mine is far greater and my cell standby is far less. i use my phone. see...... letting most of it sit on standby doesnt count. and 806 is a great OC if you like it resetting while powerusing.

That's excellent

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk

cloroxx.l

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site

my apologies im running 825, and while standby is great thats over the course of 3 days/nights so i would take that percentage out for sleep time =] and was just leaving cell signal on for hours without use. oh and new IHO kernal havent gotten a reboot yet =] but thats not on gRom so idk

BZOptimusS

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Listen to yourself, you clearly don't have an Optimus S if you're running 825 man. Not trying to belittle ya, and if you're not using gROM, why are you even on this thread? And what would my C4 explosive cell have to do with your battery life, and I'm sure your phone got the hell used out of it while you were sleeping >.>

by the way, your picture denotes a 2 day period. not 3.

cloroxx.l

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
Listen to yourself, you clearly don't have an Optimus S if you're running 825 man. Not trying to belittle ya, and if you're not using gROM, why are you even on this thread? And what would my C4 explosive cell have to do with your battery life, and I'm sure your phone got the hell used out of it while you were sleeping >.>

by the way, your picture denotes a 2 day period. not 3.

when i say days/nights i would assume someone could figure i unplugged it right before bed and theres the extra day/night i clarified i didnt say 3 FULL days and nights. And i am indeed running 825 im sorry to be the barrier of bad news =/ i was just opening your mind to the possibilities of kravens cm7 on VD with IHO kernal which runs 825/600 ondemand just fine and has giving me a life of 58 hours which is rediclious as it is. and i didnt tell anyone to stop calling and texting me im sorry if my "use" doesnt compare to yours and i listen to ALOT of music with the screen off usually..... Just nvm i was just using sarcasum as an example i said "thats awesome" when i saw the pictures of your mod i was just assuming you were not going to use it for daily use and was sharing some TRUE statistics.

BZOptimusS

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
whoa man, take it easy. i would mess around with vzd if i wasnt so lazy to revert.
i think thats awesome if thats really true. but just from personal experience i dont see how 825 is achieved. more power to you if what you got is working man. oh and check out the PRL hack, its epic. basically, think...... Free roaming.

cloroxx.l

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
whoa man, take it easy. i would mess around with vzd if i wasnt so lazy to revert.
i think thats awesome if thats really true. but just from personal experience i dont see how 825 is achieved. more power to you if what you got is working man. oh and check out the PRL hack, its epic. basically, think...... Free roaming.

not meaning to come off bad just telling you my intentions and yes ive herd of such thing but was in fear from the warnings =/ VD is far more stable ATM and ALOT of dev time has been put into it being able to achieve such tweaks but its not to complicated to revert, but once CM7 drops for VH be sure to check that out! ive always had the best battery life with cm7 roms ie: reborn < cm7

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Ok... first thing's first: LOL at the guy with the bigass battery asking about the battery tweak. :D

Ok... now that's out of the way... why not just focus on getting the overclocking working? You've got the resources to push the limit, mate. Tweak that kernel and give it a go! I am terribly curious how fast you can push it and how long it will last with your setup, since battery life is the main argument against OC'ing... besides stability, of course.

Last edited:

BZOptimusS

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
CM7 gave me a beefy 806 without hangups. I just couldnt stand the bugginess of the WiFi and MMS and Voicemail. SO I went VZH and decided the OC tweak the latest badass potential out there. By the way, with 4 hours of talk, music, and texting, the battery only went down 27% over the course of 16 hours. OC'd @ 768 MIN/MAX & full screen brightness and max phone volume.

BZOptimusS

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
My next daring feat or hospital trip is hotwiring 3 HTC EVO 4G batteries in parallel at the cell pack level on one control board. Don't worry. My will is already written ;)

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
My next daring feat or hospital trip is hotwiring 3 HTC EVO 4G batteries in parallel at the cell pack level on one control board. Don't worry. My will is already written ;)

Now that might make for a good EVO 3D video. :) Seriously, you put the demolition in demo... or something like that. Let us know how it goes or at least that you are still okay.

pergerson6

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Now that might make for a good EVO 3D video. :) Seriously, you put the demolition in demo... or something like that. Let us know how it goes or at least that you are still okay.

Lmfao! This thread is nuts! Maybe we can get him to fuse our optimus s with a galaxy sII that would be really interesting.

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk

BZOptimusS

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Okay, at this point. Mind = Blown. Here's my specs rundown, and I'll post links to build this sweet setup. (Minus the C4 Battery :( )

Xionia CWMA 1.2518.6 Custom Recovery
gROM 2.2.3 v 1.1 GB ROM
Collin_ph Battery Tweak with CPU forced to 825 MHz MIN/MAX and battery threshold @ 40 Deg. C.
Stock gROM Kernel! :D No Nasty GingerKernel.....

All I gotta say is my nuclear power generator is discharging at a healthy rate, and the phones animations/ processes/ actions are blazing fast and liquid flowing smooth.

GingerKernels have no souls.

You know what may blow most of you away is I'm 17 and I know how to do this dangerous/epic hardware modding.

Reactions: pergerson6

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
GingerKernels have no souls.

LMFAO! Seriously, I think I just woke my housemate up reading that one.

You know what may blow most of you away is I'm 17 and I know how to do this dangerous/epic hardware modding.

hehe... I still have scars of pride from playing with rechargeable batteries and paper clips when I was 7 yo. But Lion's are certainly different from and more volatile than NiCad's, so please be more careful than I was. ;)

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante