Can't dial domestic +1 country codes with non-Sprint ROM

JoeDirte

May 17, 2010
Visit site
OK, I'll try to be as descriptive and exhaustive as possible, but I might miss something.

My problem is that all of my contacts in Google contacts have phone numbers formatted +1XXXXXXXXXX.
This has never been a problem before. Now, when I try to dial, the phone keeps the +1 and Sprint give me and error saying "The number or code is invalid..."

The weird thing is, this only happens with any of the CM7 based ROMs. If I flash a Stock Sprint based ROM, everything works. There is a setting in these ROMs in Calling to tell it you're in North America. Even with that unchecked and force dialing the +1, it still removes it before connecting and everything works.

The other symptom is, if I use Google Voice integration, before calling it gives me message that this call with cost 2 cents per minute, like it thinks I'm calling internationally.

I've had a CM7 rom on other phones with no issues. My wife has CM7 on her Hero with no problems.

Here's what I've done:

I've been through the setting over and over and can't find anything that helps.

I know lots of people are running Drew's CM7, but I can't find anyone mentioning this problem.

Any help/ideas are appreciated.

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
The 1 is not needed just the area code and the 7 didget number. The 1 is only needed on landlines. As for the issue of why cm7 is an issue with extra charges I have no idea. Maybe someone else knows a fix. The quasi easy fix is to edit your Google contacts to remove the 1

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk

JoeDirte

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Right, I've thought of that, but it seems like a work around. My contacts have always had that, so it doesn't seem that's that issue.

I should also add, I tried two different CM7 builds, both had the issue.

basketthis

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
Yep. +1 doesn't work on cm7. I'm not sure it will ever be fixed... I had to change a few of my contacts after realizing this...

j37hr0

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I noticed this too. It became apparent to me when I tried to return a call from a text, but I don't make enough calls for it to matter to me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
accessibilitys86