home key test : false : false

scifan

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
Question - have you guys seen this before?

My wife's optimus S doesn't seem to like to recognize it's home key... when I logcat it, I see:

Home Key Test : false : false

Any idea's?

The key's obviously getting recognized, but it's not popping up the home screen like I expected... :(

rod_munch

May 9, 2011
Visit site
try go launcher. you can assign the home key to do different things. see what kind of results you can get out of that.

scifan

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
So, this has been a learning experience.

The wife's pissed at me because I screwed with her phone... I lost data... not too bad, but I did lose data.

Learned something interesting in the process... downgrading to zv9 doesn't necessarily restore the zv9 recovery... but it doesn't fry your data either...

zvd did seem to fry data... in the process, I figured out that if I went down to something I could root... say zv9, I could then use rage to gain root, with my newly gained root, could then leverage the same /data/local/tmp folder to flash the zv9 recovery so I could then upgrade back to zvh and root the sucker...

Too bad I figured this out AFTER I'd screwed up her secure_data folder on the sd card...

Also, seems that I had issues with the Launcher changes... between the stock rom and opti... I didn't realize the "stock" launcher was changed... which fouled up my plans... when I did this on my own phone, I didn't lose launcher configuration because... well, I use go launcher.

Again, lessons learned. and Titanium backup acts VERY strangely when you don't have any free space on your SD card.

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Learned something interesting in the process... downgrading to zv9 doesn't necessarily restore the zv9 recovery... but it doesn't fry your data either...

zvd did seem to fry data... in the process, I figured out that if I went down to something I could root... say zv9, I could then use rage to gain root, with my newly gained root, could then leverage the same /data/local/tmp folder to flash the zv9 recovery so I could then upgrade back to zvh and root the sucker...
You could have gone to ZVD rooted that with GingerBreak, then installed the V9 recovery. This is what the ZVH rooting thread suggests. You didn't need to go back to ZV9.

scifan

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
Irony was swinging between zvh and zv9 didn't cause any chaos/pain... somewhere in the mix the secure file store on the SD card got corrupted or erased... not sure where...

was foo by the time I could back it up... and I was following one of the threads that talked about jumping back to zv9 then jumping back up... but it seemed like jumping down didn't necessarily net a zv9 recovery... :(

ah well, it's in the past now... hopefully my wife will stop being angry with me sometime soon...

I hope anyway...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC