Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

ROM
    Pete's ICS, Matr1x Kernel

Default Re: Official Sprint ZVD / Froyo downgrade now available

Quote Originally Posted by sfhub View Post
    You can try it, can't get any worse. Usually you need to get up to the Android logo before /data issues enter the picture, but you are at wits end, so give it a try.
    sfhub, I just followed your instructions at [How-To] Simplified UNROOT and return to STOCK and it worked perfect. Was stuck at Android logo and followed your instructions to fix that and it booted into the system. I'm about to flash the update again to get the ZVD radio because I'm really wanting to root ZVD and test some new ROMs that are available.

I thank you!

EDIT: Worked perfect! I'm now on ZVD stock with correct radio. Now I'm going to root ZVD and try out some ROMs. sfhub, thanks again for all your help!
    Last edited by formula355; 04-28-2012 at 04:03 PM.

ROM
    dkv7,77 deluxe/ uw v0.8

still zvj tried downgrading to zvd it keeps failing i must be missing a step
    AC Citizen

ROM
    Cm7/Cm9/Cm10

Quote Originally Posted by gphunkplp View Post
    when you download does it say update (1) if so just rename it to update

Sent from futuristic optimus s

ROM
    RasbeanJelly/DanteRom v4

What recovery are you using?

ROM
    dkv7,77 deluxe/ uw v0.8

Right from the boot screen volume power menu that one I had titanium but lost it with clean reboot

ROM
    dkv7,77 deluxe/ uw v0.8

Thanks for the replys I'm new but been creepin around here for a while reading and learning before doing
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #82  

So what error are you getting?
    [How-To] Rooting LS670ZVH
    Installed ZVH by mistake? Use simple update.zip to revert to ZVD / Froyo

Will I have to reactivate my phone
    AC Forums Android Developer

ROM
    aosp - JellyBean

No, you will retain your service.
    Advisor

Thanks for the replys I'm new but been creepin around here for a while reading and learning before doing
    Well, that's a good thing. We always say read everything first, then re-read it again. Just when you think you read it enough re-read it a couple of more times. Then ask questions. At least that shows us your doing your research first. We don't mind helping people who try to help themselves.
    Current Device(s): Motorola Droid Razr
    Previous Device(s): LG Optimus S
    Always happy to help out, Just remember to hit that thanks button!
    Va1ha11a likes this.
    "The Button Pusher"

Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cold as Ice - CM9 kraven

Having a brain fart this morning -

Do we have to flash ZVD recovery to flash this or can we flash this from ZVH/ZVJ recovery to get back to ZVD?

I went back to ZVD Stock earlier this week, rooted ZVD, and accepted the notification to update to ZVJ.. I am now being told that I have to go back to ZVD and then update to ZVJ using the automated tool and root that way (it was easier last time - I used update.zip for ZVJ last time I did this and followed the non-automated way using sfhub's thread - won't work this time)

So do we have to flash ZVD recovery? I am on ZVJ non-root and I can't get an exploit to hit on ZVJ after OTA update...
    Please click the like and thanks buttons if/when I help you out... Also, If you like my work, please consider donating. I greatly appreciate it! Donations are via PayPal, and you may use your debit/credit cards, as well as Bank accounts to help me out with the funds of continuing development of the LG Optimus S.

ROM
    Kraven's CM9

I was wondering the same as Patrick, I wasn't sure since I thought the stock recoveries were all the same, but still curious.
    If I were on all stock ZVJ, I would choose option B and flash the update.zip twice to get back to ZVD. The first flash would install the recovery, correct?
    (I thought I would stay on zvj until I get my upgrade which isn't long from now, but zvj is just getting too dang slow...)
    "The Button Pusher"

Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cold as Ice - CM9 kraven

Quote Originally Posted by fankhanelraul View Post
    I was wondering the same as Patrick, I wasn't sure since I thought the stock recoveries were all the same, but still curious.
    If I were on all stock ZVJ, I would choose option B and flash the update.zip twice to get back to ZVD. The first flash would install the recovery, correct?
    (I thought I would stay on zvj until I get my upgrade which isn't long from now, but zvj is just getting too dang slow...)
    Nooope! I got the solution.

Just boot into STOCK STOCK STOCK STOCK LG RECOVERY and flash the ZVD update.zip...

You can revert to ZVD by flashing the ZVD update.zip on ANY stock recovery LG image.

Hope it helped!
    Please click the like and thanks buttons if/when I help you out... Also, If you like my work, please consider donating. I greatly appreciate it! Donations are via PayPal, and you may use your debit/credit cards, as well as Bank accounts to help me out with the funds of continuing development of the LG Optimus S.

ROM
    Kraven's CM9

Already on Kraven's CM9 heheh So much improved since I'd been on it last 10 alphas ago. Feels nice!

Aloha. So I am on a zvh custom rom and wanna switch to zvd to install another rom. I understand option B is for me in the op reference. But not sure which recovery I currently have. (I know noobish...)
    In my current recovery up top it says: CWMT Recovery v5.0.2.7-th.1
    Is it safe to flash the update.zip in this recovery?
    Any feedback is appreciated.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2

ROM
    RasbeanJelly/DanteRom v4

No, CWMT is not compatible. Only xionia and stock recovery will work.

You can use [How-To] Rooting LS670ZVD/ZVH (100% automated) + ZVJ (automated) to do either. Just go with stock recovery, download the update.zip from the OP, place on the root of the sd card (not in any folder), boot to recovery and apply update.zip. Then you can root with the same tool you used to restore stock recovery.
    Thanked by:

use "install zip from sdcard" and turn off "signature verification"

I do not have these options.
    Queendroid

Global Posts
    910 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by admiralnorman View Post
    use "install zip from sdcard" and turn off "signature verification"

I do not have these options.
    Then you are probably on stock recovery. Just use the "apply: update.zip" option.

Ok I asked how to root my sprint lg optimus s thats on zvj with out a computer or laptop but get this mess if it cant be done with out a comp or laptop meanig for those not so smart people making you read stuff you never asked for means not useing a cpu of any kind for any reason to root my phone so if there in no way aeound this then just say that istead of thiss lame stuff here

Ima post ez instructions on zvd with qr codes drivers support tools and .apk links later today if anyone cares.. I'm beta testing stephens godzilla tonight!

Mines zvj atm switching to zvd to root n install godzilla n gapp pack I made n this is my first time suckas! success!? Stay tuned!

i need help i dont know what im forgetting or what im missing when i try to reboot it. it bring me to the android system recovery and when i select apply sdcard:update.zip it seys it failded to open adne there is no such file or directory and then seys E:signature verification failed Installation aborted. HELP PLZ
    P.S total noob on this kinda stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by sfhub View Post
    You only need to connect your computer if you need to get stock recovery back.

If you already have stock recovery or you have Xionia recovery, all you need to do is put the ZVD update.zip in the first post on your phone's sdcard, then follow the instructions. If you have Xionia recovery, follow the shortcut directions. They'll basically tell you to install the ZVD update.zip twice.
    that helped because i thought the "root" of the sd card would be the bottom as in the roots of a plant is on the bottom.
    TY sfhub
    Last edited by kingkill136; 08-20-2012 at 04:02 PM.
    "The Button Pusher"

Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cold as Ice - CM9 kraven

Your picture link is down.. Just saying.

please i need to download lg vm670 zv4.cab

Thanks! This saved my phone's life!

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast