Official Sprint ZVD / Froyo downgrade now available

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
what if you download the LG software for the usb and when you plug in your use to phone cord, its not recognized? That means I cant downgrade.
You only need to connect your computer if you need to get stock recovery back.

If you already have stock recovery or you have Xionia recovery, all you need to do is put the ZVD update.zip in the first post on your phone's sdcard, then follow the instructions. If you have Xionia recovery, follow the shortcut directions. They'll basically tell you to install the ZVD update.zip twice.

ngmanis

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I had upgraded just to see what the buzz was about, quickly downgraded due to missing the cm7 customization. But, I will say - I did so by flashing the zvd update.zip via Xionia recovery , don't ask how it worked but it definitely did.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

blimpmason

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I just tried flashing the update.zip twice in xionia custom recovery but now I'm stuck in a boot loop. Any ideas? I'm trying to revert to ZVD from rooted ZVH running gROM.

PatrickAkridge

"The Button Pusher"
Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
You must have stock recovery to run this update.zip successfully.

Stock recovery is the one that comes default on phones from the factory. It looks like this [pic]

If you currently have Xionia CWMA Recovery v1.2518.6, there is a shortcut for advanced users in the reference section

iBowToAndroid posted this a few days ago, here is the official page from Sprint.

ZVD update.zip [MD5: 2db9b55305cff37a6b6e402fb8518acf] [Size: 88,007,618]
ZVD downgrade details

Code:
LG Optimus S? Froyo Software Package
Download the latest Froyo software for the Optimus S.
Note: Performing this system update will result in a device reset, removing all contacts and account information. To retain your contacts, please visit a full-service Sprint store to perform this update.
Follow these instructions to install the Froyo software:

Make sure your device has a full charge before performing this update.
    Make sure you have an SD card in the phone (go to Menu > Settings > SD Card & Phone Storage).
    Download the file "update.zip" to your PC Desktop.
    Connect your LG Optimus to your PC via the micro USB cable and select the option to "Turn on USB Storage".
    Open the folder to view files on your device and place "update.zip" from your desktop onto your SD card.
    Once the file is copied, turn off the USB storage on the device, disconnect the device from the PC and power off the device.
    Now press the Volume Down key, Home key (on the front of the device), and Power key simultaneously for 5-10 seconds until you see an Android recovery screen.
    Navigate on the screen with the Side Volume keys to highlight the second option, "apply sdcard:update.zip".
    Press the Menu key on the front of the device after highlighting that selection to begin the software installation.
    After 2-3 minutes, select "wipe data/factory reset" using the Side Volume keys and press the Menu key to select this option.
    Highlight the line "Yes -- delete all user data" by using the Side Volume keys and press the Menu key to select this option.
    Press the Volume Down key to highlight "reboot system now" and press the Menu key to select this option.
    The update process should automatically power cycle the device.
    Once rebooted, verify the process was successful by navigating to Menu > Settings > About Phone and confirm the software version is "LS670ZVD".

If you experience any issues performing this installation, please visit your nearest full-service Sprint retail store for assistance.
Technical Specifications:
Dated: 10/03/2011
Software Version: LS670ZVD

Reference
If you currently have Xionia CWMA Recovery v1.2518.6 (do NOT try this with thunderc recovery), you can save yourself the step of (re)installing stock Recovery before installing the ZVD update.zip in the following situations:

Note #1 - If at any point your phone gets stuck on the Android logo, do a Factory reset from within Stock Recovery

a) [Radio: ZVD] / [ROM: any] => stock ZVD Radio/ROM/Recovery
From Xionia CWMA Recovery, use "install zip from sdcard" and turn off "signature verfication", then use "apply sdcard:update.zip" to install the ZVD update.zip

b) [Radio: any] / [ROM: any] => stock ZVD Radio/ROM/Recovery
In this case, we will install the ZVD update.zip twice. The first install gets you stock ZVD ROM/Recovery (with your existing radio). Data likely won't work at this point. The second install then adds stock ZVD Radio. From Xionia CWMA Recovery, use "install zip from sdcard" and turn off "signature verfication", then use "apply sdcard:update.zip" to install the ZVD update.zip. After that is done, boot into Recovery and "apply sdcard:update.zip".

c) [Radio: any] / [ROM: any] => rooted ZVH Radio/ROM/Recovery
In this case, we just install the ZVD update.zip in Xionia CWMA Recovery knowing there will be a Radio/ROM mismatch and data likely won't work. We don't care because we are just going to root the ROM and go back to ZVH. From Xionia CWMA Recovery, use "install zip from sdcard" and turn off "signature verfication", then use "apply sdcard:update.zip" to install the ZVD update.zip. Next use [GingerSnap] [GingerBreak] to root ZVD. After that follow the ZVH rooting steps.

Hello guys... sorry for the long quote.. anyways, If I am in Froyo now (I used this downgrade method last night and It worked successfully), how can I UPGRADE back to GingerBread and root? I saw a thread over here somewhere and I want to use the GingerBread root method, but I don't want to lose all my files.

Any suggestions?

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Hello guys... sorry for the long quote.. anyways, If I am in Froyo now (I used this downgrade method last night and It worked successfully), how can I UPGRADE back to GingerBread and root? I saw a thread over here somewhere and I want to use the GingerBread root method, but I don't want to lose all my files.

Any suggestions?
You should always backup your stuff. Even though ZVH update.zip is supposed to preserve your data, there are situations where it might require a factory reset.

Install the ZVH update.zip.

Follow the instructions in the ZVH automated root sticky (also in my signature)

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
When I reverted, it installed stock recovery itself. I didn't need to install the stock recovery first.
The point of putting on the stock recovery before the update.zip is so that it flashes the radio/modem correctly.

If you are running Xionia, you can take the shortcut of flashing the update.zip twice. First to get the ROM and stock recovery, and the second time to get the radio/modem flashed. That is why there are shortcuts listed in the reference section. If you already have ZVD radio, you have no need to flash the radio again, so in the shortcuts, it tells you just to flash update.zip once in Xionia (Scenario A)

kusanagi-sama

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
The point of putting on the stock recovery before the update.zip is so that it flashes the radio/modem correctly.

If you are running Xionia, you can take the shortcut of flashing the update.zip twice. First to get the ROM and stock recovery, and the second time to get the radio/modem flashed. That is why there are shortcuts listed in the reference section. If you already have ZVD radio, you have no need to flash the radio again, so in the shortcuts, it tells you just to flash update.zip once in Xionia (Scenario A)

Yeah, I did exactly that. Flash twice, the second for the radio.

xplode196

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Ok so if I have ZVH and GROM, I just download the update zip and install it twice to get EVERYTHING back to ZVD? Just want to clarify what was in the comments. Then I root ZVD ans I can install CM7 right?

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
I flashed the update zip twice and factory reset the phone in ecovery and now I don't have data. What do I do again?

You needed to flash, reboot into android. boot into recovery and reflash the update.zip, boot into android, do a factory reset (alot of gingerbread files are not compatable with froyo system).

All you need to do now is boot back into recovery (should now be stock recovery, only 4 options). run the update.zip again and once it boots back into android, do a privacy>factory reset.

xplode196

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I tried using the Sons of Korhal utility to root, but I don't think that worked...now I'm trying the E-Z installer...it's been a long time since I''ve done this haha

xplode196

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I was on ZVH so I went to recovery, turned off Sig Verification, and flashed the zip. I tried rebooting but I;m stuck on the android logo. How can I get to stock recovery so I can flash my radio?

Edit: jk i got it. for some reason, i wait for the longest time for an issue to solve. when i finally decide to post on the forum, it fixes itself! :p

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital