Went to update SU binary via SU app ands lost root

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
It looks like Superuser got the needed update now and is fixed. Superuser 3.0.6 installed and binary 3.0.3 updated.

I saw some comments where if you cleared data in Settings-applications-Superuser , it should restore your root.

Reactions: pergerson6

Sdude1200

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
There we go. I just went through the stephe posted in the How To Root ZVH guide and re rooted my device so i not have the privs again. I hope this can be used by other people experiencing this SuperANNOYINGUser binary update error. Thanks for all your help epidenimus :D

pergerson6

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
It looks like Superuser got the needed update now and is fixed. Superuser 3.0.6 installed and binary 3.0.3 updated.

I saw some comments where if you cleared data in Settings-applications-Superuser , it should restore your root.

Working fine now with no root access issues.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so v3.0.6 of Superuser.apk and su v3.0.3 works then? I thought you said v3.0.6 was problematic in an earlier post.

Is there any reason the update thereto would not work on Froyo/VD based ROM's? Has anyone verified it?

pergerson6

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so v3.0.6 of Superuser.apk and su v3.0.3 works then? I thought you said v3.0.6 was problematic in an earlier post.

Is there any reason the update thereto would not work on Froyo/VD based ROM's? Has anyone verified it?

I'm using vd with the kravens cm7! Its running fine.

sillymeu2

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
It seems like the App Version 3.0.6 update is OK. Its when you try to update the SU Binary that it all goes wrong. Bottomline is to save a BIG headache, DO NOT UPDATE SU Binary utill it's been fixed!! Goodluck to all of us thats been hit by this MADNESS:p:'(

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
It looks like the update to su binary 3.0.3 does fix things. I will be much more cautious in updating either of these apps moving forward. Thanks for the feedback and testing.

pergerson6

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
It looks like the update to su binary 3.0.3 does fix things. I will be much more cautious in updating either of these apps moving forward. Thanks for the feedback and testing.

I'm sure even if there is another problem it will be resolved quickly. Superuser is the primary root app that all of us use. And I'm very impressed on how fast it was fixed.

Frogger420

May 12, 2011
Visit site
The same thing happened to me when I downgraded and rooted my wife's phone. I haven't had any problem with mine tho. I just loaded a backup for hers. Funny cuz mine has superuser set to auto update.