i like grom but i miss the features in reborn rom. please bring it back

Global Posts
    2,539 Global Posts
    ROM
    HydroROM

Default Re: Bring reborn rom back for gingerbread

Quote Originally Posted by wc878 View Post
    Reborn-like features are currently being developed. Please be patient, it is a very large undertaking.
    AC Forums Android Developer

ROM
    aosp - JellyBean

Quote Originally Posted by drewwalton19216801 View Post
    Reborn-like features are currently being developed. Please be patient, it is a very large undertaking.
    ^ This
    pilot03, kenny70452 and wc878 like this.

Would that be "Reborn-again" Rom (for the religious types) or "Reborn-Supremacy" ROM (for the Matt Damon types) or "ReBjrn Again" (for the ABBA fans)???

I'm just wondering if I should stick with reborn for now and wait until this wonderful secretive rom is ready to go, or update to grom. decisions, decisions....

Global Posts
    98 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by digitallove View Post
    I'm just wondering if I should stick with reborn for now and wait until this wonderful secretive rom is ready to go, or update to grom. decisions, decisions....
    I'm going to wait.

Quote Originally Posted by pilot03 View Post
    I'm going to wait.
    I probably will, too. it's such a good rom!
    DROID Master

Global Posts
    791 Global Posts
    ROM

ReBorn form Gingerbread should be BornAgain ROM

gROM for Gingerbread is almost as good as ReBorn was for Froyo.
    [
    ikeywatson likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by wc878 View Post
    I realize that this may seem lame, but the thing I miss most about ReBorn was the 4-button menu at the bottom that replaced the 3-button Sprint one. I really liked having my Text shortcut there
    Brick Master

ROM
    CM7

Quote Originally Posted by AndroidLad View Post
    I realize that this may seem lame, but the thing I miss most about ReBorn was the 4-button menu at the bottom that replaced the 3-button Sprint one. I really liked having my Text shortcut there
    Try launcherpro in the market
    [/URL]
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    ROM
    Reborn ROM 2.2.1

Lol that is lame, I've used like 7 different launchers since i've had my phone and I think all of them where like that just use Launcher Pro, its free!

Quote Originally Posted by uberjam545 View Post
    Lol that is lame, I've used like 7 different launchers since i've had my phone and I think all of them where like that just use Launcher Pro, its free!
    I use the Go Launcher now but it's still not the same. Is there something that would emulate the ReBorn pull-down menu's quick on/off for GPS, wifi, ect?

ROM
    Quatrimus / CM10

I use the Go Launcher now but it's still not the same. Is there something that would emulate the ReBorn pull-down menu's quick on/off for GPS, wifi, ect?
    The power control toggles being in the notification bar to my recollection are part of the framework itself and therefor it's not a matter of just installing a launcher or a simple app, this is one of the things that I can assume Drew is referring to when he says 'reborn like features' are in the works. In the meantime the only real solution for power control toggles is a widget instead of having them in the notification bar. As for GoLauncher personally I prefer it over stock and most others though I find myself getting bored with the same layout so I actually force myself to redo my home screens every once and awhile. To that end you may want to check out Zeam launcher and QQLauncher Pro. While Zeam won't get you the look you are referring to it's nice and light weight can be fun to use. QQLauncher Pro I played with a few days ago on the recommendation from our very own super moderator KSmithInNY: nice and customizeable like go launcher/launcher pro but with a few of it's own specific tweaks (I'm not sure if it's just me but it did feel like my screen was extra sensitive when running QQLauncher Pro). Anyway, good luck in finding the look you are searching for as for the power control toggles and a reborn style stock launcher I'd have to just say be patient, you def aren't the only one wanting them

ROM
    Customized GB.

The following might be of interest....

Thanked by:

Perfect =D Thanks!