[How-To] Rooting LS670ZVD/ZVH (100% automated) + ZVJ (automated)

DoesItMatter

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Re: [How-To] Rooting LS670ZVD/ZVH (100% automated) + ZVJ (automat

For the errors:

1) it would copy over all the files into the 000root folder, but would not execute the scripts
I think it was getting permission errors but it never asked for root / superuser access

2) because of the script errors, it could not flash the original ZVJ recovery onto the phone

3) 2 other errors (individually) was that it would not copy the update.zip files over to the root
of the SDcard, the ZVJ update, then the ZV9 exploit update to get root access back.
I had to manually copy those over (not a problem, I understood the process)

This was using the 12/22 build of CM7 by thekraven and I had root / superuser installed

Once I flashed the stock Gingerbreaked ZVD - no problems at all except it still had issues
copying over the 2 update files (I manually copied them over each time)

penajosejr

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site

USB debugging is enabled. Tried 3 different USB chords. 2 different ports. Guess I'll have to borrow someone's PC. Unless... this works on Mac?

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

3) 2 other errors (individually) was that it would not copy the update.zip files over to the root
of the SDcard, the ZVJ update, then the ZV9 exploit update to get root access back.
I had to manually copy those over (not a problem, I understood the process)
The root permissions thing is probably something I'd need to install kraven's CM and work through. I'm sure it isn't that complicated but I'll have to set aside some time to install and test.

Now if the package was copying files to your phone, just not copying the update.zip, then is it possible it was a speed issue? I know with some cables my phone will connect USB 1.x instead of 2.0 and the makes the copies very slow. The package is using the same mechanism to copy all the files, so if some copy, then they should all copy (albeit slowly if your phone is in USB 1.x mode)

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

USB debugging is enabled. Tried 3 different USB chords. 2 different ports. Guess I'll have to borrow someone's PC. Unless... this works on Mac?
The manual instructions could work on a Mac, but you'd need minor modifications. It is easier overall on windows.

When you plug the phone into PC do you hear any USB ding noises? If not, then something is wrong with your USB port on the phone. If you do, then it is probably a driver installation issue. Which OS are you running?

penajosejr

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site

I do hear the ding when I connect to it. However, it doesn't show up as if it is plugged in to my computer. I am running Windows 7 64bit.

Va1ha11a

Troll Headhunter
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site

Head over to device manager and see if you can find it there

penajosejr

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site

Checked on Device Manager and saw it was recognized. Thanks for all your help guys! :D

Lolanerd

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
If I'm on zvh, rooted and with xionia, can I just flash the zvd update.zip from recovery to revert to zvd? Or is it more in depth than that?

omarnova

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site

read instructions but still a bit lost ...

i am running:

HydroRom 1.0 Beta 2
GingerKernal
ZVH
and i am rooted

i am trying to update to ZVJ

omarnova

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site

Post in this thread which part is confusing and I'll try to clarify.

i want to know whats the very next step to take with my phones current state, to upgrade to ZVJ and also keep HydroRom

Va1ha11a

Troll Headhunter
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site

he's telling you to click the blue text in brackets, and he will answer your question there.

Reactions: omarnova

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

i want to know whats the very next step to take with my phones current state, to upgrade to ZVJ and also keep HydroRom
You can upgrade to ZVJ and keep HydroRom by making a nandroid backup, then doing the ZVJ root procedure, then restoring your nandroid backup of HydroRom. However, you will only have ZVJ radio as HydroRom is still ZVH-based. There is no way you can, on your own, upgrade HydroRom to a ZVJ rom. You'll need the developer to do that.

omarnova

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site

he's telling you to click the blue text in brackets, and he will answer your question there.

whoops, thanks

You can upgrade to ZVJ and keep HydroRom by making a nandroid backup, then doing the ZVJ root procedure, then restoring your nandroid backup of HydroRom. However, you will only have ZVJ radio as HydroRom is still ZVH-based. There is no way you can, on your own, upgrade HydroRom to a ZVJ rom. You'll need the developer to do that.

thanks much appreciated!! ok, thats what i was confused about didnt know i couldnt use hydro since its zvh based...i guess i will wait to see if it develops into zvj

ikeywatson

May 1, 2011
Visit site

hydrorom works fine over a zvj radio(thats my set up now)

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

Right, I wasn't saying you couldn't use HydroRom with ZVJ radio. I actually told you how you could do that.

I was saying the net result of your upgrade if you restored HydroRom would be an upgraded ZVJ radio. The ROM would be ZVH because HydroRom is based off of ZVH.

If you wanted an actual ZVJ ROM, you couldn't do that yourself with HydroRom. You would need they developer to upgrade HydroRom to use ZVH. You could however install a ZVJ-based ROM if that is what you wanted. After the ZVJ root/upgrade, you would be left with the stock ZVJ ROM.

Reactions: omarnova

omarnova

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site

Right, I wasn't saying you couldn't use HydroRom with ZVJ radio. I actually told you how you could do that.

I was saying the net result of your upgrade if you restored HydroRom would be an upgraded ZVJ radio. The ROM would be ZVH because HydroRom is based off of ZVH.

If you wanted an actual ZVJ ROM, you couldn't do that yourself with HydroRom. You would need they developer to upgrade HydroRom to use ZVH. You could however install a ZVJ-based ROM if that is what you wanted. After the ZVJ root/upgrade, you would be left with the stock ZVJ ROM.

thanks again buddy, all cleared up now

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site

Click to view quoted image

If you are looking to get ROOTED ZVJ, see [this thread]

This guide is for directly rooting ZVD/ZVH Android for the LG Optimus S using a 100% automated script.
It will install persistent root, busybox, and Xionia CWMA Recovery.
If you prefer a GUI install (just root, not Xionia CWMA Recovery) try this thread: http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...ck-root-sons-korhal-root-utility-1-0-1-a.html

This assumes you ALREADY HAVE ZVD or ZVH installed (ZVD / ZVH update.zip in Reference section below)

See these for alternate/past rooting guides: ZVC/ZVD [GingerSnap] [GingerBreak] - ZV8/ZV9 [z4root]
If you are already rooted on a version prior to ZVH (ie ZV8, ZV9, ZVC, ZVD), you can use this guide to update to ZVH and root.
Alternatively you could update to ZVH on your own, then use the automated routine in this post.

With respect to which method to use, the guide to update to ZVH and root always works (as long as you follow the directions) but is more steps (and you would need to revert to ZVD if you already have ZVH). The exploit used in this guide might not hit the first try (may need to reboot and try again) but there is only one automated step. It usually works on the first or second try, but can take more. It will eventually work.

0) Backup anything important
With this particular procedure there is very little chance something bad will happen, but it is good practice to backup before making any changes.

1) Pre-requisites Checklist
SD card is INSERTED
USB Debugging is ENABLED - [Menu->Settings->Applications->Development->USB debugging]
USB Storage Mode is OFF - [Drag down the notification bar and tap on "USB Connected", should be GREEN]
LG USB/Android drivers are INSTALLED - [See Reference Section D1 (below)]
Phone is connected to USB port and recognized
Phone is turned ON
Phone screen is UNLOCKED

2) Download the Optimus automated rooting package
NEW: Even easier self-extractor for windows (Just run .exe - SKIP Unzip and Step #3) [optiauto-sfx.exe]
Download the Optimus automated rooting package [optiauto.zip] [archive - do NOT use (unless instructed)]
UNZIP to top-level directory of your C: drive

Note #1: zergrush is a known exploit being used to root your phone. Your Anti-Virus software may quarantine or cause the download to be incomplete. Disable your Anti-Virus software if needed so the download can complete.

3) Run the Optimus automated rooting package (Mac/Linux see Reference Section B)
From PC command prompt, run "runfirst" and select Option A (will install persistent root and Xionia CWMA recovery):
(if you have an aversion to typing, you can use file explorer to navigate to C:\optiauto and double-click on RUNFIRST.bat)

Note #1 - You may see a message in your notification bar saying "SD card safe to remove", this is expected, please IGNORE
Note #2 - If you get stuck waiting for the phone to connect, REBOOT your phone AND PC and try again.

4) You are DONE!
See Reference Section A for things you can try with your newly installed persistent root and Xionia CWMA custom recovery. To unroot, redo Step #3, use Option B

Note #1 - Keep in mind, should you CHOOSE to run "su", you MIGHT be prompted for permissions on the phone's screen the first time it is run. If you don't realize that, you'll get "permission denied" and think the root didn't work. Make sure your phone is NOT on the lock screen or you won't see the prompt. It is NOT required that you run "su". You ARE ROOTED regardless.

Thanks. Great app.