04-01-2014 05:33 PM
241 ... 8910
tools
    OK, I downgraded to ZVH, rooted, then tried to install the ZVJ update.zip but it didn't work.

Any ideas on getting ZVJ with root? It keeps bugging me about an update to ZVJ, if I update, will I still be rooted or will it break the root? I'm gonna try it and see...

Dano
    07-01-2012 11:44 PM
    I'm so confused. I reverted back to ZVD. Downloaded and ran [optiauto-sfx.exe]. It said that I was done, but my phone looks the same. I can see the files on my phone, too.
    07-06-2012 09:35 AM
    I'm so confused. I reverted back to ZVD. Downloaded and ran [optiauto-sfx.exe]. It said that I was done, but my phone looks the same. I can see the files on my phone, too.
    Do you understand what rooting your phone actually does? No magic bunnies or flying horses appear (except Superuser in your apps drawer). Check out the welcome guide for more info and some suggestions as to what might get you started.
    07-16-2012 09:01 AM
    How do you determine whether you're on ZVJ or ZVH? My phone's SW version is VM701ZV4, leading my to think its on ZV4? helllpp :/
    07-19-2012 11:30 AM
    How do you determine whether you're on ZVJ or ZVH? My phone's SW version is VM701ZV4, leading my to think its on ZV4? helllpp :/
    Settings, About Phone usually shows the baseband.
    07-19-2012 12:54 PM
    thanks............
    07-26-2012 11:30 AM
    keep getting "zerglings did not leave any interesting stuff" meaning the root failed. i tried about 8 times and still no success please help.

note: all the checklist items i have done.
    i used FIRSTRUN.
    07-30-2012 06:49 AM
    OK, I downgraded to ZVH, rooted, then tried to install the ZVJ update.zip but it didn't work.

Any ideas on getting ZVJ with root? It keeps bugging me about an update to ZVJ, if I update, will I still be rooted or will it break the root? I'm gonna try it and see...

Dano
    based on your previous post, i think you missed a step. you need to flash ZVJ with stock recovery, not xionia.
    i'm on my phone right now, but i'll post a link to how to flash stock recovery soon.

EDIT: go to this thread and download the rooting tool.
    if you've gone back to unrooted ZVJ, then go back to ZVH and use Option A to reroot.
    once you have rooted ZVH, select Option B, and follow the instructions word for word to obtain rooted ZVJ.
    08-01-2012 07:59 AM
    So just to clarify, it is impossible to root an LG Optimus S with ZVJ without downgrading to ZVD, factory resetting/wiping it, and losing all of your data? Sorry I am very new to this I just want get rid of this bloatware so I have room to install what I want!!
    08-06-2012 07:47 PM
    So just to clarify, it is impossible to root an LG Optimus S with ZVJ without downgrading to ZVD, factory resetting/wiping it, and losing all of your data? Sorry I am very new to this I just want get rid of this bloatware so I have room to install what I want!!
    Unfortunately you are correct.
    08-07-2012 04:41 PM
    i lost root, i currently have xionia recovery and hydro rom, can i use this to root my phone without removing xionia and hydro or do i need to go back to remove them. I have zvd
    01-14-2013 10:49 AM
    i lost root, i currently have xionia recovery and hydro rom, can i use this to root my phone without removing xionia and hydro or do i need to go back to remove them. I have zvd
    If you find a flashable superuser zip that should work.... How did you loose root?

Tapatalk'n it from my VM670 running OM-Mandylion IHO on LS670ZVJ firmware
    01-19-2013 12:23 AM
    If you find a flashable superuser zip that should work.... How did you loose root?

Tapatalk'n it from my VM670 running OM-Mandylion IHO on LS670ZVJ firmware

I was deleting music files off of my sd card, I guess I deleted the root file, however, I did use the optiauto-sfx.exe and hit A and it worked. I got rooted and everything is fine. I flashed SlimBean ROM and have been using that now for the last couple of days. Great ROM, love all the options on it.
    01-19-2013 06:49 PM
    How do i switch from zvd to zvj?
    06-20-2013 07:07 PM
    Anyone ever get stuck at the automated script saying "push copy2tmp/zergrush -> /data/local/tmp/zergrush"? I've followed the instructions precisely, but I've been sitting here for the last half hour or so waiting for it to do something and it hasn't done anything. Any ideas? Thanks.

Edit: Nvm. Tried it on a different computer. Worked fine. Thanks for the scripts!
    11-03-2013 01:05 AM
    Im on zvj but im trying to downgrade to zvd, is there anything special i have to do?
    04-01-2014 05:33 PM
241 ... 8910
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD