Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910
Like Tree45Likes

Default Re: [How-To] Rooting LS670ZVD/ZVH (100% automated) + ZVJ (automat

OK, I downgraded to ZVH, rooted, then tried to install the ZVJ update.zip but it didn't work.

Any ideas on getting ZVJ with root? It keeps bugging me about an update to ZVJ, if I update, will I still be rooted or will it break the root? I'm gonna try it and see...

Dano

ROM
    cyanogenmod 9

I'm so confused. I reverted back to ZVD. Downloaded and ran [optiauto-sfx.exe]. It said that I was done, but my phone looks the same. I can see the files on my phone, too.
    Racer of Elevators

Global Posts
    1,139 Global Posts
    ROM
    Paranoid Android / CM7

Quote Originally Posted by MomnWife75 View Post
    I'm so confused. I reverted back to ZVD. Downloaded and ran [optiauto-sfx.exe]. It said that I was done, but my phone looks the same. I can see the files on my phone, too.
    Do you understand what rooting your phone actually does? No magic bunnies or flying horses appear (except Superuser in your apps drawer). Check out the welcome guide for more info and some suggestions as to what might get you started.
    If you are inclined to spend a lot of money and want a pretty trophy with which to pass the next few years of your life that talks to you in a condescending voice, can't navigate to save its life, expects full control over all you do, demands $13 for a $3 purchase, allegedly has a single recessed button, needs an expensive computer and a credit card to do anything, hates your music and has purses designed just for it...

Get married to someone you hate... or get an iPhone.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    New to LG's premium Android phone? Check out the Optimus S Welcome Guide.
    Used ROM Mangler on your Optimus S and having problems? Try this.

How do you determine whether you're on ZVJ or ZVH? My phone's SW version is VM701ZV4, leading my to think its on ZV4? helllpp :/
    yes, that old

ROM
    Codename Android / franco

Quote Originally Posted by one_holyroller View Post
    How do you determine whether you're on ZVJ or ZVH? My phone's SW version is VM701ZV4, leading my to think its on ZV4? helllpp :/
    Settings, About Phone usually shows the baseband.

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

thanks............

Unhappy Re: [How-To] Rooting LS670ZVD/ZVH (100% automated) + ZVJ (automat

keep getting "zerglings did not leave any interesting stuff" meaning the root failed. i tried about 8 times and still no success please help.

note: all the checklist items i have done.
    i used FIRSTRUN.

ROM
    mirage cm7

Quote Originally Posted by oldhippie1955 View Post
    OK, I downgraded to ZVH, rooted, then tried to install the ZVJ update.zip but it didn't work.

Any ideas on getting ZVJ with root? It keeps bugging me about an update to ZVJ, if I update, will I still be rooted or will it break the root? I'm gonna try it and see...

Dano
    based on your previous post, i think you missed a step. you need to flash ZVJ with stock recovery, not xionia.
    i'm on my phone right now, but i'll post a link to how to flash stock recovery soon.

EDIT: go to this thread and download the rooting tool.
    if you've gone back to unrooted ZVJ, then go back to ZVH and use Option A to reroot.
    once you have rooted ZVH, select Option B, and follow the instructions word for word to obtain rooted ZVJ.
    Last edited by shockdude; 08-01-2012 at 09:32 AM.

So just to clarify, it is impossible to root an LG Optimus S with ZVJ without downgrading to ZVD, factory resetting/wiping it, and losing all of your data? Sorry I am very new to this I just want get rid of this bloatware so I have room to install what I want!!
    Troll Headhunter

ROM
    Drew's CMX/Stock/Stock

Quote Originally Posted by kucerakov View Post
    So just to clarify, it is impossible to root an LG Optimus S with ZVJ without downgrading to ZVD, factory resetting/wiping it, and losing all of your data? Sorry I am very new to this I just want get rid of this bloatware so I have room to install what I want!!
    Unfortunately you are correct.

i lost root, i currently have xionia recovery and hydro rom, can i use this to root my phone without removing xionia and hydro or do i need to go back to remove them. I have zvd
    HTC Evo 4G
    4 Kornerz Ultimate OC'D 2
    BlackDome TSP_Supersonic KERNEL V2.1r1 02-19-13

ROM
    Changes Daily

Default Re: [How-To] Rooting LS670ZVD/ZVH (100% automated) + ZVJ (automated)

Quote Originally Posted by bpa007tx View Post
    i lost root, i currently have xionia recovery and hydro rom, can i use this to root my phone without removing xionia and hydro or do i need to go back to remove them. I have zvd
    If you find a flashable superuser zip that should work.... How did you loose root?

Tapatalk'n it from my VM670 running OM-Mandylion IHO on LS670ZVJ firmware

Quote Originally Posted by thewraith420 View Post
    If you find a flashable superuser zip that should work.... How did you loose root?

Tapatalk'n it from my VM670 running OM-Mandylion IHO on LS670ZVJ firmware

I was deleting music files off of my sd card, I guess I deleted the root file, however, I did use the optiauto-sfx.exe and hit A and it worked. I got rooted and everything is fine. I flashed SlimBean ROM and have been using that now for the last couple of days. Great ROM, love all the options on it.
    HTC Evo 4G
    4 Kornerz Ultimate OC'D 2
    BlackDome TSP_Supersonic KERNEL V2.1r1 02-19-13

How do i switch from zvd to zvj?

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

Anyone ever get stuck at the automated script saying "push copy2tmp/zergrush -> /data/local/tmp/zergrush"? I've followed the instructions precisely, but I've been sitting here for the last half hour or so waiting for it to do something and it hasn't done anything. Any ideas? Thanks.

Edit: Nvm. Tried it on a different computer. Worked fine. Thanks for the scripts!
    Last edited by Devon Day; 11-03-2013 at 04:55 AM.

Default Re: [How-To] Rooting LS670ZVH (automated, no revert/wipe needed)

Im on zvj but im trying to downgrade to zvd, is there anything special i have to do?
    Last edited by wc878; 04-01-2014 at 06:07 PM.
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910