Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree45Likes
    Troll Headhunter

ROM
    Drew's CMX/Stock/Stock

Default Re: [How-To] Rooting LS670ZVH (100% automated, no revert/wipe nee

try running this.
    [APP][ONE-CLICK ROOT] Sons of Korhal Root Utility 1.0.1
    than run option C in zvhauto-> Runfirst.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #77  

Quote Originally Posted by Va1ha11a View Post
    try running this.
    [APP][ONE-CLICK ROOT] Sons of Korhal Root Utility 1.0.1
    than run option C in zvhauto-> Runfirst.
    If adb won't recognize the device, Sons of Korhal won't work either.
    [How-To] Rooting LS670ZVH
    Installed ZVH by mistake? Use simple update.zip to revert to ZVD / Froyo
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #78  

Default Re: LG Optimus S not rooting

Quote Originally Posted by DeSaint2 View Post
    trying to use the system but for some reason it gets to waiting for device to connect and never goes any further. I have all the drivers installed and usb debugging on usb storage off. I have tried bot the manual way and auto way. seems to be an issue with the adb shell not recognizing the device. I ran the adb shell command and get the error:device not found. Any thoughts?
    I suggest you reboot your PC and phone and try again.

Sometimes the PC can get into a state where it won't recognize your phone.

thx that was easy

Default Re: LG Optimus S not rooting

trying to use the system but for some reason it gets to waiting for device to connect and never goes any further. I have all the drivers installed and usb debugging on usb storage off. I have tried bot the manual way and auto way. seems to be an issue with the adb shell not recognizing the device. I ran the adb shell command and get the error:device not found. Any thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by sfhub View Post
    I suggest you reboot your PC and phone and try again.

Sometimes the PC can get into a state where it won't recognize your phone.
    same thing happened to me just reboot your phone

Any love for Mac users?
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #82  

Quote Originally Posted by lamesera View Post
    Any love for Mac users?
    See Reference Section B in the 2nd post.

Instead of
    c:
    cd \zvhauto
    install
    adb shell
    substitute with
    adb push copy2tmp /data/local/tmp/
    adb push copy2sd /sdcard/
    adb shell
    You'll need to install adb on your own and adjust the paths accordingly.

Alternatively you could copy the files to your phone by hand. The contents of copy2tmp go in /data/local/tmp/ and the contents of copy2sd go in /sdcard/ (you shouldn't have the copy2tmp and copy2sd in the directory names once you get them on your phone)

Thx for the input guys but rebooting the phone and pc is the first thing I tried to no avail. I've tried using different USB cables and such but no luck. I'm actually trying to root this for a co-worker. I personally have an HTC inspire Ann's am no noob to rooting lol
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #84  

Thx for the input guys but rebooting the phone and pc is the first thing I tried to no avail. I've tried using different USB cables and such but no luck. I'm actually trying to root this for a co-worker. I personally have an HTC inspire Ann's am no noob to rooting lol
    To rehash, the reason it is stuck waiting for your phone to be connected is because ADB is not finding your phone. The reason that is happening is most likely because the drivers aren't recognizing the phone. You must solve that problem first or the root method in this thread and the one in Sons of Korhal won't work.

So back to your specific problem... What OS are you running? When you plug in the phone to the USB port on the computer do you hear the USB ding sounds?

sfhub-

got a few questions for you. i've been hesitant to root my optimus s, but it gets way more enticing everyday. since i'm still pretty green to the whole process i figured i better ask some questions before I get in over my head.

question 1: if i follow the automated process and it roots and installs the custom recovery, how would i safely go about performing a "factory reset" if needed without bricking my phone?

question 2: if i follow the automated process and unroot my phone (let's say for a trip to the Sprint store) and it installs the LG stock ZVD recovery, how will that affect me if they unbeknownst to me did a factory reset through the "Privacy" menu in the phone since I'm currently on ZVH?

thanks in advance for your help.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #86  

Quote Originally Posted by droid_filter View Post
    question 1: if i follow the automated process and it roots and installs the custom recovery, how would i safely go about performing a "factory reset" if needed without bricking my phone?
    Since Xionia CWMA recovery is installed, factory reset from privacy menu and ##786# both work fine, as does factory reset from the Recovery menu. Basically nothing to worry about. The only thing that won't work are OTA updates. They don't work in the sense that the radio doesn't get flashed, but it won't brick your phone because special protections are added in Xionia to prevent that from happening.

question 2: if i follow the automated process and unroot my phone (let's say for a trip to the Sprint store) and it installs the LG stock ZVD recovery, how will that affect me if they unbeknownst to me did a factory reset through the "Privacy" menu in the phone since I'm currently on ZVH?
    Again, it will work fine. There are no issues at all in this case. Even OTAs will flash fine, including radio. BTW there is no such thing as a "real" ZVH recovery or I would have put it in the unroot procedure already. If you did the ZVH upgrade and left it completely stock, you would have ZVD recovery.
    Thanked by:

Awesome! Thank you!

Hopefully this will be my last question for now. If I decided to go the "Sons of Korhal" route, would OTA still work after getting root since it's not touching the stock recovery?
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #88  

Awesome! Thank you!

Hopefully this will be my last question for now. If I decided to go the "Sons of Korhal" route, would OTA still work after getting root since it's not touching the stock recovery?
    From the standpoint of "recovery" as long as you have stock recovery (any version of stock recovery), the OTA update will have everything it needs to work.

You can have stock recovery either by not touching it in the first place, or by using Xionia to make your life easier most of the time, then reinstalling stock recovery (using Option D) when you need it. Personally I would install Xionia so you can make a nandroid backup of your system in case things go bad.

Now you are probably worried that you'll be running Xionia and a wayward OTA will make its way onto your system and trash it. It can't happen. Xionia won't flash the OTA update unless you manually disable signature verification.

Back to your question of whether an OTA would work if you went with Sons of Korhal because it isn't touching the recovery. It depends what you do with root. If you start modifying the files in /system then the OTA update will likely fail the consistency check and will not install. If you leave it completely stock then it should work.

The rooting method here is really just installing Xionia as a convenience for you as most people will want it, if just to make a nandroid backup. You can easily just root and reinstall stock recovery, everything is automated.

However, choose what is best for you. You should be armed with enough information to make a decision now.

To rehash, the reason it is stuck waiting for your phone to be connected is because ADB is not finding your phone. The reason that is happening is most likely because the drivers aren't recognizing the phone. You must solve that problem first or the root method in this thread and the one in Sons of Korhal won't work.

So back to your specific problem... What OS are you running? When you plug in the phone to the USB port on the computer do you hear the USB ding sounds?
    Right, I am running vista 32 bit home premium and yes I hear the ding from the connection to USB. It then pops up wanting to find drivers even after installing the drivers from LG. After I install the drivers it then says unknown device whereas before installing them it pops up as lge USB device. When I get the unkown device popup I run the search on the whole c: drive and it finds the driver it needs but during installation it say error c:/something/advancedinstallers/cmiv2.DLL is either not designed to run on windows or its a corrupt file or something like that. I think I'm getting the installation for 64bit and not 32bit like I need cuz that DLL in a search only appears for 64bit but I cant find just a 32bit download. I've downloaded the b2capp and ran it but I can't find the ls670 in the list or by searching. I know I'm missing a driver somewhere but I can't find a download that gets them all in there.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #90  

Just confirming, you have tried the two drivers (USB and Android) listed in the reference section D1 of the second post?

Yes I have I have also tried uninstalling and reinstalling them several times without any luck. I have even tried downloading them by searching the LG website. I'm at wits end lol
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #92  

Yes I have I have also tried uninstalling and reinstalling them several times without any luck. I have even tried downloading them by searching the LG website. I'm at wits end lol
    My suggestion is you try a different PC. It might be the quickest way to get you to where you want to be.

I'm sure if we spend enough time on your current PC, we can get it working too.

Your choice.

GREAT how-to! easy to do, did it in 5 minutes! appreciate it! ALOT, just got this phone, HAD an evo, i miss it but owell! thanks again!

ROM
    Stock 2.3.4 Android ROM

Just letting you know, the phone does not have to be ZVH baseband for this to work. I used this on my stock ZVD phone and it worked.

Thanks for this. Just used it on my Optimus S. Took 2 tries but worked fine.

The only reason I rooted was so be able to install a Wifi Tether type program.

On my Optimus V running 2.2.2, I just searched the market and installed Wireless Tether for Root Users. However, when I search the market with my Optimus S (2.3.3) that program doesn't show up. Is there a different program I should be using? Thanks.
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #97  

Quote Originally Posted by Kelemvor View Post
    Thanks for this. Just used it on my Optimus S. Took 2 tries but worked fine.

The only reason I rooted was so be able to install a Wifi Tether type program.

On my Optimus V running 2.2.2, I just searched the market and installed Wireless Tether for Root Users. However, when I search the market with my Optimus S (2.3.3) that program doesn't show up. Is there a different program I should be using? Thanks.
    Sprint disabled tether apps from showing up in the market. Download from the WiFi Tether development site and sideload it. You could also install a custom ROM that has tethering options.

Used this to root and rom my phone last weekend, worked amazing!!!! Thank you!!!!

Now I need to do my wife's phone. However, about 2 months ago I reverted her back to zvd. Can I still use this to root her phone as well? If not, anyone have a link of how to go forward again so I can use this?
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #99  

It'll work on zvd

It'll work on zvd
    sweet! then I have to just choose a zvd based rom, I assume? So gROM or your mom wouldn't work?

If that's the case, any way to go forward first?
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast