Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Default Re: [How-To] Rooting LS670ZVD/ZVH (100% automated, no revert need

thank you!! im not much of a techie at all plus, i dont really understand sometimes what to do even when the rootinng inst. are right in front of my face. lol. coulld ya pm me when yyour done??? thx a lottzz
    Queendroid

Global Posts
    910 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Could this be fixed to work with the zvj update at some point? I know we can root zvj using an old zvh method, but sometimes using adb makes me want to punch kittens...lol
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #153  

Quote Originally Posted by Zhara View Post
    Could this be fixed to work with the zvj update at some point? I know we can root zvj using an old zvh method, but sometimes using adb makes me want to punch kittens...lol
    I'm working on automating the older method as much as possible as well as looking into exploits that might work with ZVJ.
    [How-To] Rooting LS670ZVH
    Installed ZVH by mistake? Use simple update.zip to revert to ZVD / Froyo
    Thanked by:
    Zhara 
    Queendroid

Global Posts
    910 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by sfhub View Post
    I'm working on automating the older method as much as possible as well as looking into exploits that might work with ZVJ.
    Thank you! I already rooted using your old zvh method, but if I ever need to again it would be much faster to use this.

This thing works!!!!!!!!!

This is my second Ls670 Root. This ine was quick to find, easy to understand, and worked flawlessly first time!
    If you're following this thread, could you please respond? I've got some great info, and a few questions.
    Thanks!

Ps. Just because it ain't broke, it doesn't mean you can't fix it!
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #157  

Quote Originally Posted by policetac View Post
    This is my second Ls670 Root. This ine was quick to find, easy to understand, and worked flawlessly first time!
    If you're following this thread, could you please respond? I've got some great info, and a few questions.
    Thanks!

Ps. Just because it ain't broke, it doesn't mean you can't fix it!
    Just ask in the thread or PM and I'll try to answer.

Maybe this was asked so if I missed it, I'm sorry.

Anyway, I used the Zergrush root method a while back on my phone which already had 2.3 installed. Now I just got the prompt for the new version (ZVJ?) the other day. I cancelled it for now.

Does installing that break the root or will it still be rooted?

Also, if it does break it, is there another way to root ZVJ if this one doesn't currently work? I don't need it rooted for much other than Wireless Tether every once in a while, but it's still nice.

Oh, and anyone know if ZVJ will allow me to finally install that voice mail update that it's been bugging me about for the last few months?
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #159  

Quote Originally Posted by Kelemvor View Post
    Does installing that break the root or will it still be rooted?
    Root will be removed. The ZVJ update.zip formats /system

Also, if it does break it, is there another way to root ZVJ if this one doesn't currently work? I don't need it rooted for much other than Wireless Tether every once in a while, but it's still nice.
    Testing an automated ZVJ rooting script here:
    [Beta] ZVJ rooting automation - please help test

Oh, and anyone know if ZVJ will allow me to finally install that voice mail update that it's been bugging me about for the last few months?
    Try asking on this thread:
    LS670ZVJ Update Coming 4/4

im experiencing an issue that im HOPING you'll be able to resolve for me sf...
    ive checked, double checked,and even TRIPLE checked to make sure everything was up to snuff (ie sd card is mounted, usb debug is on, usb mass storage is off, downloaded and installed lg usb storage/driver).

now, here is the dilemma that im facing:

ive dowloaded the auto root file and followed the directions in the op and verified that i met all prerequisits (including where it said to just run the .exe instead of going and unzipping it).

after having gone through the auto-rooting process 6-7 times, this is what its telling me:

...Running Zerg exploit...
    Unable to chmod zergrush: no such file or directory /data/local/tmp/install-zerg-auto.sh: ./zergrush: not found
    ----Status of Zerg on PREVIOUS few lines----
    waiting for device to be connected [presws CTRL-C to cancell]... Found Device

Installing persistant root... mount: operation not permitted
    install-root.sh: cannot create /system/bin/flash_img: permission denied
    unable to chmod /system/bin/flash_image: no such file or directory
    unable to chmod /system/bin/flash_image: no such file or directory
    install-root.sh: cannot create /system/app/superuser.apk: permission denied
    unable to chmod /system/app/superuser.apk: no such file or directory
    unable to chmod /system/app/superuser.apk: no such file or directory
    install-root.sh: cannot create /system/bin/su: permission denied
    unable to chmod /system/bin/su: no such file or directory
    unable to chmod /system/bin/su: no such file or directory
    install-root.sh: cannot create /system/bin/busybox: permission denied
    unable to chmod /system/bin/busybox: no such file or directory
    unable to chmod /system/bin/busybox: no such file or directory

and it does the same thing basically (albeit shorter) for xionia CWMA

i didnt recieve any notification either way, as to whether

ive done everything in your op sf, and its basically telling me that the zergrush file or directory doesnt exist. the install-root.sh /system/bin/flash_image: no such file or directory. same for the superuser.apk. su, and busybox.

PLZ HELP!
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #162  

Quote Originally Posted by Akido View Post
    ive done everything in your op sf, and its basically telling me that the zergrush file or directory doesnt exist. the install-root.sh /system/bin/flash_image: no such file or directory. same for the superuser.apk. su, and busybox.

PLZ HELP!
    Are you using the -sfx.exe or the .zip version? If the latter, did you unpack all the files?

Also did you make sure a virus checker isn't interfering with your download and quarantining the zergrush exploit? Some virus checkers consider it malware. I guarantee it can do no harm on Intel/Windows because it is an ARM binary and can't run on PCs. Depending on your point of view, it is technically malware because it is "rooting" your phone.

If you use Option F to enable scroll buffers on the main menu, you'll be able to see the entire log.

I used the -sfx.exe file (due to an annotation saying to stay away from the older zip file unless instructed). Ended up doing it on a friends laptop, but the only job ification his virus protector gave me was that there wasnt a whole lot of files that were downloaded from the link (optiauto-sfx.exe). The file downloaded succsesfully (at least to the best of my knowledge anyway). As soon as i can, ill get on my friends laptop, enable Option F, and post more detailed results. Im thining that it might be my phone, because i downloaded the official Sprint revert file (upgrade.zip) to my sd card as instructed, and tried to revert back to 2.2 froyo to se if i could get either z4root, or gingerbreak, to work... when i got to the debug menu, i tried to install the "update.zip" and it told me almost the same thing (no such file or directory).

EDIT: as far as the virus checker quaranteeing/stopping the download for the zergrush exploit, it gave me no indication alluding to it.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #164  

I used the -sfx.exe file (due to an annotation saying to stay away from the older zip file unless instructed). Ended up doing it on a friends laptop, but the only job ification his virus protector gave me was that there wasnt a whole lot of files that were downloaded from the link (optiauto-sfx.exe). The file downloaded succsesfully (at least to the best of my knowledge anyway). As soon as i can, ill get on my friends laptop, enable Option F, and post more detailed results. Im thining that it might be my phone, because i downloaded the official Sprint revert file (upgrade.zip) to my sd card as instructed, and tried to revert back to 2.2 froyo to se if i could get either z4root, or gingerbreak, to work... when i got to the debug menu, i tried to install the "update.zip" and it told me almost the same thing (no such file or directory).
    The annotation was about the "previous" version rather than the zip file in general. The previous version is there in case I messed something up with an update and somebody needs to try the older version.

The -sfx.exe version means you didn't need to unpack any files manually, which means the probable issue is zergrush got quarantined.

I didnt unzip the -sfx.exe file, i just ran it IMMEDIATLY after it finished downloading.

EDIT: im replying while on break at work lol
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #166  

I didnt unzip the -sfx.exe file, i just ran it IMMEDIATLY after it finished downloading.

EDIT: im replying while on break at work lol
    I know you didn't. What I was saying is, earlier, I gave you two possibilities, but one of the possibilities was eliminated because you were using the -sfx.exe so we are left with the possibility zergrush got quarantined.

It might get quarantined on download or upon execution. You probably need to disable virus checking even when you run it.

Global Posts
    67 Global Posts

Default Re: [How-To] Rooting LS670ZVD/ZVH (100% automated) + ZVJ (automat

Thanks man! Great job. It worked the first time with no problems.

Default Direct Root for ZVJ?

I've already installed ZVJ with the push update by Sprint (OTA).

I was wondering if we could ever see a direct root method for ZVJ soon. I know it's extremely similar to ZVH. So, would the rooting processes be the same as well?

This new update is a tad slower than ZVD. I've noticed that scrolling is not quite as fluid with ZVJ and would like to root and overclock to around 750 MHz so it'll be a little more enjoyable.
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #169  

Even though they appear similar, existing root exploits were plugged in ZVJ.

New root exploits can be anywhere from tomorrow to never.

On the scrolling, give it a day. Sometimes after an upgrade it runs a little slower due to maintenance work.

Im confused.... I currently have ZVH Rooted, does this get me zvj? I tried it and still had zvh.
    Help?
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #171  

Quote Originally Posted by DracoRiddler View Post
    Im confused.... I currently have ZVH Rooted, does this get me zvj? I tried it and still had zvh.
    Help?
    It will if you follow the big RED instructions in the first post:
    Quote Originally Posted by sfhub View Post
    If you are looking to get ROOTED ZVJ, see [this thread]

ok.... I dont see how or where I can upgrade to zvj

is zvj even an upgrade from zvh?

ROM
    Stock ZVJ - Rooted

go here --- [How-To] Automated Rooting of LS670ZVD/ZVH/ZVJ --- so if your running rooted zvd/zvh choose option B. it will install zvj rec, zvj update, root, and xionia rec in that order. if you already have the zvj update from sprint you'll need to downgrade to zvd and run option A of the same automated system. downgrade link --- Official Sprint ZVD / Froyo downgrade now available --- must be rooted to run option B.
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #174  

Quote Originally Posted by DracoRiddler View Post
    ok.... I dont see how or where I can upgrade to zvj

is zvj even an upgrade from zvh?
    Assuming you are rooted on ZVH, just follow the directions in that post:

[How-To] Automated Rooting of LS670ZVD/ZVH/ZVJ

Option B will result in rooted ZVJ.

ROM
    Stock ZVJ - Rooted