[How-To] Rooting LS670ZVD/ZVH (100% automated) + ZVJ (automated)

mbwdoran

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Re: [How-To] Rooting LS670ZVH (100% automated, no revert/wipe nee

Never mind! I was able to get it running by just rebooting the phone and re-running the exploit.

Thanks sfhub for the great scripts.

I made it almost all the way there using a Mac and terminal. But I am stuck right after the exploit runs.

I received the "[+] Rush did it ! It's a GG, man !" notification that the exploit successfully ran. And my adb shell has the # prompt, indicating temporary root. But I can't "cd" to /sdcard/000root. I type this:

# cd /sdcard/000root

And get this:
cd: can't cd to /sdcard/000root

I checked the phone using USB and their is a "/000root" folder on the top level of the sdcard.

Any ideas what is going wrong? Any alternative way to run the installs once the exploit has been installed?

Thanks!

Last edited:

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site

Now I have a problem.

The "rooted" phone crashes on startup at the "android" image/animation. It gets past the LG image and the Sprint animation, but goes no further.

Before I put it down last night, it was working fine -- with root access checked via "root checker," which I downloaded from the market.

But when I picked it up this morning, it was in a constant reboot cycle.

Now, it won't move past the android page.

Hopefully, someone out there has seen this and there is a solution to this?

Thanks.
1. Please tell us that you are not using ROM Manager.

2. Did you install a custom recovery (i.e. Xionia) and do a nandroid backup yet?

Reactions: mbwdoran

mbwdoran

May 15, 2011
Visit site

Thanks for the response:

1. No, I saw the ROM Manager brick sticky.

2. Yes. To both.

I was able to get the problem fixed by using the recovery -- that's why I took that post down and replaced it with a question about a good ROM to use.

Thanks again.

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site

Is there a preferred ROM for this phone?
Everyone has their own preference, but presently, it boils down like this:

If you are on ZVD:
Reborn ROM
thekraven's CM7
sROM

On ZVH:
Your-Mom-ROM (HydroROM will replace this soon and will likely be the "preferred ROM" you seek)
gROM
OptiROM

MunkyButt

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm running gROM and I like it so far(only been using it a few days). I like that all of sprints BS apps are removed from it.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

jordan8201

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Is there a thread somewhere that details how to root entirely from the phone? I have tried several cables and cannot get my pc to recognize my phone. Have also installed and reinstalled the drivers on my pc.
Thanks.

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site

Is there a thread somewhere that details how to root entirely from the phone? I have tried several cables and cannot get my pc to recognize my phone. Have also installed and reinstalled the drivers on my pc.
Thanks.
Be sure that you have USB Debugging enabled through Menu >> Settings >> Applications >> Development

kusanagi-sama

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site

Thanks.

Sometimes you have to make Windows find the drivers for the phone when you go into device manager and select an unrecognized device (when the phone is plugged in)

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

added new self-extractor version for windows (see optiauto-sfx.exe in download section)
officially support rooting both ZVD and ZVH
changed name to optiauto from zvhauto
update script system
update su to 3.0.7
update su-bin to 3.0.3.2

Reactions: KcReaper

KARL264

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Re: [How-To] Rooting LS670ZVD/ZVH (100% automated, no revert need

I took a shot at running cmd as administrator and that seemed to do the trick. Says it was successful.

I'm running Windows 7, 64 bit. Phone is an Optimus LS670. I'm getting the below when trying to run runfirst. I have USB debugging on and USB storage off. The computer sees the phone. I've restarted the phone. I also temporarily disabled antivirus for one try and that didn't change the result. A portion of the response I get when trying to run it is below. Anyone have suggestions?

Waiting for device to be connected [press CTRL-C to cancel]... * daemon not runn
ing. starting it now on port 5037 *
ADB server didn't ACK
* failed to start daemon *
error: cannot connect to daemon
Found device

ADB server didn't ACK
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
ADB server didn't ACK

* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
ADB server didn't ACK

Last edited:
Reactions: sfhub

KcReaper

May 4, 2011
Visit site

Thanks for putting in the work for this. It worked like a charm. Now to find some Roms to get this internal memory issue some what taken care of.

Frogger420

May 12, 2011
Visit site

I'm sorry, but I'm confused. I've got zvd on my phone, and my wife's phone with xionia CWMA recovery. Both rooted and have reborn rom. Hers was downgraded to zvd from zvh... should I use this guide to do anything on mine, or just hers ? I'm guessing I need to go to zvh first regardless.

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site

I'm sorry, but I'm confused. I've got zvd on my phone, and my wife's phone with xionia CWMA recovery. Both rooted and have reborn rom. Hers was downgraded to zvd from zvh... should I use this guide to do anything on mine, or just hers ? I'm guessing I need to go to zvh first regardless.
I am not understanding what you are trying to do. This thread is for rooting and you are already rooted and running Reborn on both devices...