[How-To] Rooting LS670ZVD/ZVH (100% automated) + ZVJ (automated)

Buddlespit

Wannabe kewl
Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Re: [How-To] Rooting LS670ZVD/ZVH (100% automated) + ZVJ (automat

Va1ha11a said:
Your Phone wouldn't boot, but if you restored the nandroid root would still be there

Using that same logic, I could re-aquire root from stock by installing a nandroid. I wasn't aware we could do that.

Va1ha11a

Troll Headhunter
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site

Using that same logic, I could re-aquire root from stock by installing a nandroid. I wasn't aware we could do that.

No, what I'm saying in that quote is that, if you totally wiped your phone, than restored a nandroid, you would have root. However, what I believe you are saying is correct. From what I've heard, the way some phones are rooted is A. The bootloader is unlocked, B. Custom recovery flashed, and C. SU binary flashed. So, with a custom recovery, even if you were on stock, I think you could reacquire root.

Reactions: mark10mx

mark10mx

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site

Thanks a lot for the instructions.

I managed to root my phone, now maybe is time to install a new rom!!.

You are the man!!

Tks
:cool:

oldhippie1955

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site

I realize the posts in this thread are very old. And yes, I'm a rookie, but didn't it say somewhere that ZVD is NOT compatible ZVH? Why would you install ZVD over ZVH if it is not compatible and maybe a possibility of bricking your phone?

I am on ZVJ right now and all I want to do is root my LG Optimus S LS670. The links in these threads continually branch off and take a person into 12 different directions with 12 different instructions (I am exaggerating on the 12 different directions but you get the idea). Every time I start to follow the instructions, there is a link that says "go here", and when I start reading those instructions there is another link to other instructions, etc.

Anyway, since I am on ZVJ, so I HAVE to downgrade to ZVD or can I downgrade to ZVH before I root with OPTIAUTO.EXE (with OPTIAUTO-SFX.ZIP copied and extracted to the root of my C: drive)?

All this is VERY confusing, someone needs to come up with ONE set of instructions without branching off in so many directions.

My apologies if I have offended anyone, that was not my intent. I would like to thank everyone with their effort and hard work to root the LG Optimus S LS670.

By the way, has anyone written any straight-forward instructions if you are already on ZVJ?

Thank you, and apologies to all for my ignorance,
Dano

oldhippie1955

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site

Ok, I misunderstood, I know now that I can downgrade from ZVJ to ZVH before rooting.

But, after rooting, can I upgrade to ZVJ while I'm still rooted by copying the ZVJ update.zip to my SD card and update by booting into Xionia and updating from there?

Thanks,
Dano

oldhippie1955

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site

OK, I downgraded to ZVH, rooted, then tried to install the ZVJ update.zip but it didn't work.

Any ideas on getting ZVJ with root? It keeps bugging me about an update to ZVJ, if I update, will I still be rooted or will it break the root? I'm gonna try it and see...

Dano

MomnWife75

May 25, 2012
Visit site

I'm so confused. I reverted back to ZVD. Downloaded and ran [optiauto-sfx.exe]. It said that I was done, but my phone looks the same. I can see the files on my phone, too.

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site

I'm so confused. I reverted back to ZVD. Downloaded and ran [optiauto-sfx.exe]. It said that I was done, but my phone looks the same. I can see the files on my phone, too.
Do you understand what rooting your phone actually does? No magic bunnies or flying horses appear (except Superuser in your apps drawer). Check out the welcome guide for more info and some suggestions as to what might get you started.

one_holyroller

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site

How do you determine whether you're on ZVJ or ZVH? My phone's SW version is VM701ZV4, leading my to think its on ZV4? helllpp :/

cotter91

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site

keep getting "zerglings did not leave any interesting stuff" meaning the root failed. i tried about 8 times and still no success please help.

note: all the checklist items i have done.
i used FIRSTRUN.

shockdude

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site

OK, I downgraded to ZVH, rooted, then tried to install the ZVJ update.zip but it didn't work.

Any ideas on getting ZVJ with root? It keeps bugging me about an update to ZVJ, if I update, will I still be rooted or will it break the root? I'm gonna try it and see...

Dano

based on your previous post, i think you missed a step. you need to flash ZVJ with stock recovery, not xionia.
i'm on my phone right now, but i'll post a link to how to flash stock recovery soon.

EDIT: go to this thread and download the rooting tool.
if you've gone back to unrooted ZVJ, then go back to ZVH and use Option A to reroot.
once you have rooted ZVH, select Option B, and follow the instructions word for word to obtain rooted ZVJ.

Last edited:

kucerakov

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site

So just to clarify, it is impossible to root an LG Optimus S with ZVJ without downgrading to ZVD, factory resetting/wiping it, and losing all of your data? Sorry I am very new to this I just want get rid of this bloatware so I have room to install what I want!!

Va1ha11a

Troll Headhunter
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site

So just to clarify, it is impossible to root an LG Optimus S with ZVJ without downgrading to ZVD, factory resetting/wiping it, and losing all of your data? Sorry I am very new to this I just want get rid of this bloatware so I have room to install what I want!!

Unfortunately you are correct.

bpa007tx

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site

i lost root, i currently have xionia recovery and hydro rom, can i use this to root my phone without removing xionia and hydro or do i need to go back to remove them. I have zvd

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
i lost root, i currently have xionia recovery and hydro rom, can i use this to root my phone without removing xionia and hydro or do i need to go back to remove them. I have zvd

If you find a flashable superuser zip that should work.... How did you loose root?

Tapatalk'n it from my VM670 running OM-Mandylion IHO on LS670ZVJ firmware

bpa007tx

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
If you find a flashable superuser zip that should work.... How did you loose root?

Tapatalk'n it from my VM670 running OM-Mandylion IHO on LS670ZVJ firmware

I was deleting music files off of my sd card, I guess I deleted the root file, however, I did use the optiauto-sfx.exe and hit A and it worked. I got rooted and everything is fine. I flashed SlimBean ROM and have been using that now for the last couple of days. Great ROM, love all the options on it.

Devon Day

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
Anyone ever get stuck at the automated script saying "push copy2tmp/zergrush -> /data/local/tmp/zergrush"? I've followed the instructions precisely, but I've been sitting here for the last half hour or so waiting for it to do something and it hasn't done anything. Any ideas? Thanks.

Edit: Nvm. Tried it on a different computer. Worked fine. Thanks for the scripts! :D

Last edited: