[APP][ONE-CLICK ROOT] Sons of Korhal Root Utility 1.0.1

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
SOK.gif

[INFO]About Sons of Korhal Root Utility:

Sons of Korhal Root Utility uses the recently-released zergRush exploit to automatically root your Android-powered device and installs the necessary files to maintain a permanent root status.

Just make sure you have the pre-use requirements met, run the program and click GO. It's that simple![/INFO]
[INFO]Copyright Information:

Sons of Korhal is not released under any specific license, but we ask that you kindly not redistribute Sons of Korhal outside of AndroidCentral.com or the Team Hydro website. Thanks for your understanding.[/INFO]
For Windows
Pre-use Requirements: 1) You need the .NET 4 Framework. Not the Client Profile, the full .NET 4 Framework. 2) You need proper drivers for your device. Your video card doesn't work without drivers and neither will your phone. 3) Your device needs to have USB debugging enabled. 4) Sons of Korhal should be used ONLY on a fresh reboot of your device. If you don't know what this means, reboot your phone before using this utility! Download: Download Here (version 1.0.1) Changelog: Sons of Korhal V1.0 -- Initial release (11-7-2011) Sons of Korhal V1.0.1 -- File not found bug squashed (11-9-2011) Usage Instructions: 1) Extract the Sons of Korhal folder from the ZIP archive to an easily accessible location (preferably your desktop). 2) Double-click the "Sons of Korhal.exe" file in the Sons of Korhal folder. 3) Click GO to begin the rooting process. Make sure your phone is connected and USB debugging is enabled! 4) When the utility prompts you to reboot your phone, click the Reboot button and your phone will reboot. 5) Profit! Working Devices: LG Optimus S (LS670ZVH & LS670ZVD) Unconfirmed Devices: None yet Non-working Devices: None yet

[INFO]Credits:

Revolutionary, for the zergRush exploit
The AndroidCentral community, for all your help and support
The AndroidCentral staff, for being awesome.[/INFO]

Last edited:

LACAGuy

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Re: [APP][ONE-CLICK ROOT] Sons of Korhal Root Utility

Is there a way to load the app to my sd card so that i can run it when i need it? If so, How do I do it?

rookiewizard

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site

How do I know if I have the appropriate drivers? I'm downloading the framework to my computer right now.

jondevere

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site

You need the drivers for your phone.... thats the appropriate drivers............

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

Thanks Drew for your quick response. How does your root differ from the other method that sfhub is using?

http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...ls670zvh-automated-no-revert-wipe-needed.html
That package you linked to roots and installs Xionia CWMA recovery in one operation. It includes scripts to unroot and go back to stock recovery. From what Drew described, this one is designed to be device neutral so doesn't flash the recovery. The other obvious difference is text vs GUI. Both will get the job done.

Last edited:

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
That package you linked to roots and installs Xionia CWMA recovery in one operation. It includes scripts to unroot and go back to stock recovery. From what Drew described, this one is designed to be device neutral so doesn't flash the recovery. The other obvious difference is text vs GUI. Both will get the job done.

^ This is a darn good comparison.

hawks4ever8

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site

so every time i try to use the utility it asks me to reboot my device so i do that then another message comes up saying unhandled exception has occurred in your appication. If you click continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

file not found

and yes i have all the pre stuff downloaded... i am pretty sure.

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
so every time i try to use the utility it asks me to reboot my device so i do that then another message comes up saying unhandled exception has occurred in your appication. If you click continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

file not found

and yes i have all the pre stuff downloaded... i am pretty sure.

You probably don't have .NET Framework 4 installed, but you may have an outdated (previous) version of the .NET Framework. It was definitely tested on several "virgin" computers (ones that had no development tools of any kind).

If you are 100% positive you have .NET Framework 4 installed, can you please post a screenshot of the error?

hawks4ever8

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site

when i tryed to install the .NET Framework 4 it said repair or remove and that means i already have it right. i will work on getting the screen shot of the error.