[APP][ONE-CLICK ROOT] Sons of Korhal Root Utility 1.0.1

nightspell

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
I dont know if I did something wrong or if I just missed a step.
The program worked like a charm but when I tried to run wifi tethering it tells me my phone is not rooted.
I ran connectbot to check if its rooted and it gave me an $ and not the # that signifies your device is rooted.
Am I supposed to run the ABD program in command prompt? if so once I run it in command prompt what do I do? or is there a thread that covers that?

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
I dont know if I did something wrong or if I just missed a step.
The program worked like a charm but when I tried to run wifi tethering it tells me my phone is not rooted.
I ran connectbot to check if its rooted and it gave me an $ and not the # that signifies your device is rooted.
Am I supposed to run the ABD program in command prompt? if so once I run it in command prompt what do I do? or is there a thread that covers that?

Run it again. Sometimes the exploit misses it's target, that's just the nature of these things.

clott2

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I had a similar problem. I tried to download titanium backup and I got a message that said I didn't have root access. The superuser icon is on my phone. I took the root off of my phone several times but it made no difference. I have the LS670ZVD SW Version on my optimus S. Can you help? Thanks.

nightspell

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
I had a similar problem. I tried to download titanium backup and I got a message that said I didn't have root access. The superuser icon is on my phone. I took the root off of my phone several times but it made no difference. I have the LS670ZVD SW Version on my optimus S. Can you help? Thanks.

I am thinking it has something to do with running ADB program from the command prompt but I have no idea what exactly your supposed to do when you run it.
I am still researching that and right now all I am getting is confused!

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I am thinking it has something to do with running ADB program from the command prompt but I have no idea what exactly your supposed to do when you run it.
I am still researching that and right now all I am getting is confused!

You don't run anything from command prompt with this program. Just make sure you have all drivers installed as well as .NET 4 framework on your pc. USB debugging is enabled and usb storage is disabled. Plug your phone in to your pc and double-click the "Sons of Korhal.exe" and then click "GO"

I just summarized it, but please read Drew's instructions in the OP very thoroughly again.

nightspell

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
You don't run anything from command prompt with this program. Just make sure you have all drivers installed as well as .NET 4 framework on your pc. USB debugging is enabled and usb storage is disabled. Plug your phone in to your pc and double-click the "Sons of Korhal.exe" and then click "GO"

I just summarized it, but please read Drew's instructions in the OP very thoroughly again.

Ok I am on windows 7 I just reinstalled .net ran the program again and still get the $ in connectbot instead of the #
I am suspecting its my drivers since I read in the readme if it goes insanely fast you have wrong drivers,
So my question is how do I find the correct drivers?
my phone is LG Optimus S from sprint with android 2.2.2 with model number LS670 version LS670zvd

nightspell

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Where would I find the correct drivers? I reinstalled .net framework the drivers I got I got from LG I have no idea what I am doing wrong.
It installed superuser but still no access to the root and I have tried many times rooting it.
I did notice the readme say if it goes super fast you have the wrong drivers. well when I use the program it takes maybe a total of 1 minute.
So I believe my problem is with the drivers for the phone. as I stated above I got the drivers fro LG

Last edited:

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Where would I find the correct drivers? I reinstalled .net framework the drivers I got I got from LG I have no idea what I am doing wrong.
It installed superuser but still no access to the root and I have tried many times rooting it.
I did notice the readme say if it goes super fast you have the wrong drivers. well when I use the program it takes maybe a total of 1 minute.
So I believe my problem is with the drivers for the phone. as I stated above I got the drivers fro LG

If it installs Superuser, then the exploit worked and you are rooted. You have to allow the Superuser prompts for each app that needs root access.

nightspell

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
If it installs Superuser, then the exploit worked and you are rooted. You have to allow the Superuser prompts for each app that needs root access.

Superuser is not giving me the prompts I have been tinkering with it but for some reason it is not working.
Every time I try and run wireless tether it says no root. superuser is not popping up its kind of frustrating me at the moment.

Just tried installing adfree and it says unable to get root

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Superuser is not giving me the prompts I have been tinkering with it but for some reason it is not working.
Every time I try and run wireless tether it says no root. superuser is not popping up its kind of frustrating me at the moment.

Just tried installing adfree and it says unable to get root

Try going to settings>applications>all apps> and find superuser. Then choose clear data. Close all that, then open superuser from the app drawer and follow the prompts. Close that and open any app that requires root. You should now get your su prompt!

I had this happen before

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

Va1ha11a

Troll Headhunter
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Oh Man.....Rooting is getting REALLY good looking right now. Has anyone gotten a bricked phone as a result of this? Sounds like it works great, but just want to make sure.......Bricking seems pretty final, and getting the cash for a new phone would not be easy.
Unrelated topic, After rooting, I know I need to install a different recovery. I've hard "xionia" mentioned, can someone direct me to a thread relating to how to flash it, and/or suggest different/better recoveries?
Thanks!

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?p=596820

That is the thread for the xionia recovery, which is the recovery you want. Do NOT use rom manager, as it will likely brick your phone. I have not seen anyone having issues with bricks with this program. Drew is a great Dev, and continues to support his stuff. When I first rooted my phone I used his rooting tool gingersnap and no problems. The biggest thing is read everything 10 times and then ask questions on what you are still unsure about. We would all rather answer the simple beginner questions, then try to walk you thru recovering from a bricked phone.

Reactions: Va1ha11a

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Oh Man.....Rooting is getting REALLY good looking right now. Has anyone gotten a bricked phone as a result of this? Sounds like it works great, but just want to make sure.......Bricking seems pretty final, and getting the cash for a new phone would not be easy.
Unrelated topic, After rooting, I know I need to install a different recovery. I've hard "xionia" mentioned, can someone direct me to a thread relating to how to flash it, and/or suggest different/better recoveries?
Thanks!

There is nothing about rooting or about Sons of Korhal that can cause a brick.

Reactions: Va1ha11a
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Ok just to be sure i don't mess this up. Is it safe for me to reinstall my antivirus program on the phone now that it is rooted?? I do not want to mess up here anyone know if I can, or what needs to be done to do so, I am new to this so want to be sure what I am doing.
Thanks

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
I have never used an antivirus on my phone, but many do with no issues. Certainly no issue with bricking your phone. Go ahead and see if you have performance issues. Worst case you have to uninstall

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thambu63