Pandora Skip Hack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sdude1200

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
So seeing as this is also the section for hacks I have a quick question. On IOS there is a hack you can download when jailbroken to patch a file in the Pandora application directory that allows you to have unlimited song skips per hour.

I've asked around some jailbreaking forums looking for who knows exactly what file gets edited, but no one can tell me. Does anyone here have the slightest clue?

Sent from my OptiRom v1ed LG Optimus S

Nick7

Brick Master
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
So seeing as this is also the section for hacks I have a quick question. On IOS there is a hack you can download when jailbroken to patch a file in the Pandora application directory that allows you to have unlimited song skips per hour.

I've asked around some jailbreaking forums looking for who knows exactly what file gets edited, but no one can tell me. Does anyone here have the slightest clue?

Sent from my OptiRom v1ed LG Optimus S

I just use an old version of Pandora (v1.3). When you use up your five skips you can switch stations and have 5 more skips. So I'll just switch to a different station and then back to my original and have my skips back.

Last edited by a moderator:

kingdavidbaker

Jan 7, 2011
www.kingdavidbaker.com
This is just as ethical as using an ad blocker

lol while I agree with the sentiment I doubt you'll find many people in this forum against ad blocking....after all it is an included function of almost every ROM in this sub-forum and probably most ROMs in general. Also I will point out that even if you have unlimited skips you will still have to deal with unlimited ads so it still isn't quite the paid service :)

Edit: After looking at the link it might get rid of the audio ads as well and if so I stand corrected lol

Last edited:

ikeywatson

May 1, 2011
Visit site
Android gets paid regardless for all the data that comes into our phones, ads, commercials, paid apps

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Android gets paid regardless for all the data that comes into our phones, ads, commercials, paid apps

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

Android is an OS, not a company. Google makes money from advertising so to cut off advertising is cutting off money. Individual app developers make money off ads too. That's why apps like Angry Birds are free. By blocking those ads you are effectively screwing over the developer.

Now with Pandora it's slightly tweaked. Pandora makes money two ways. First way is the paid premium service. Pay to have no ads, basically unlimited skips, and so on. Second way is the ads you see and hear whilst using the free service.

My point should be pretty clear by now. Ads don't cost YOU a penny, but blocking them costs the developer more. Without the developers we would have nothing.

So let's keep the developers happy and paid, and watch a few of their ads once in a while. It's a way of donating to them for their hard work, but it doesn't cost you anything but a few seconds.

Back to Pandora.

By removing a limitation of the free service you essentially give people LESS incentive to pay for the premium service. Which means less money to pay the multiple developers that built the app and service. Remember that Pandora also has to pay licensing fees to the record companies.

Do you see what I'm saying here? The app is free and the basic service is free, so let's help them out a little. Again it costs you naught but a few seconds.

OK rant over.

Edit: After doing a bit of research it appears that the "hacked" copy of Pandora is really a pirated copy of the paid app. This thread will be closed soon, but anyone who posts a direct link to the APK will be reported.

Last edited:

sherri

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
As for ads, even if "blocked", they still are "there". We just aren't seeing them. If I use TiVo to watch tv, I skip commercials as well. They still "played" so I don't think I hurt developer...

Not talking about "cracked" apps. Just the "no ads" or "add blocker" apps...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

ikeywatson

May 1, 2011
Visit site
As for ads, even if "blocked", they still are "there". We just aren't seeing them. If I use TiVo to watch tv, I skip commercials as well. They still "played" so I don't think I hurt developer...

yeah but some apps that are cracked do still have the data running in the background even with ad blockers on/off,like u said .

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site

Quite far from the truth. The ad-blocking functions literally block the advertisement web URLs. The ads never get loaded and the developer never gets paid. As such, we will be removing the ad-blocking hosts file in Your Mom ROM in the next release. If you wish to use an ad-blocking app or hosts file, that is your choice.

jondevere

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
If u want to use pandora, download it from the market. Otherwise take the convo elsewhere. This thread is closed. If u share the apk on this forum u will be warned and/or banned.

The apk IS pirated and is not how we roll at AC.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Reactions: jstntp
Status
Not open for further replies.