might have bricked the phone...

Sparda81989

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
I used clock work ROM manager to flash the recovery, tried to install the cyn 7 custom ROM from zefie, but now the phone is in a boot loop. The problem might have been using the lge optimis v driverfor the custom flash, but I wanna know if there is a way to salvage the phone to continue using it.

Sdude1200

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
And another one bites the dust. There is no easy way to recover your phone now mate. If you look at the top of this forum, there is a post about ROM Manager. It is NOT compatible with our phone. There may be a few people around who might be able to help get you set straight but possibly not... Sorry man

Sent from my OptiRom v1ed LG Optimus S

Sparda81989

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
I wanted to use xionia before, but I could never find clearly defined instructions on how to do it. I tried inputting the script commands, trying one click methods, couldn't figure it out.

Sdude1200

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
www.addictivetips.com/mobile/how-to-install-a-custom-recovery-to-an-android-phone-device/

Use the instructions for the flash_image section but use the xionia recovery file

docgoat1987

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
if you are able to access your recovery i think if you were to format your system and boot reflash the rom wipe your caches both dalvic and cache partion and the factory data reset it might work not sure if it dont work read the ending of the article i posted bout takin it in to sprint a playin dumb lol

Sdude1200

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Here are the Xionia files with instructions also:
forums.androidcentral.com/lg-optimus-s-rooting-roms-hacks/59359-custom-recovery-xionia-clockwork-cwma-v1-2518-6-a.html

deathangel1496

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I used clock work ROM manager to flash the recovery, tried to install the cyn 7 custom ROM from zefie, but now the phone is in a boot loop. The problem might have been using the lge optimis v driverfor the custom flash, but I wanna know if there is a way to salvage the phone to continue using it.

First, you should read through the forums before posting, you shouldnt attempt things if you dont know what your doing either, there is a sticky that warns you not to use rom manager to try and flash, there are instructions on atleast 3 different threads instructing you on how to flash custom recoverys and also there is a program posted on here that will do it all for you. your best bet now is to hope you can get an adb connection and flash_image clockwork on there. if not, if you have tep from sprint, say that you had a software update and when your phone rebooted, it wouldnt boot up.