Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    nRom

Exclamation Phone seriously crippled.

This problem is a lot different than I've seen after scouring the pages of this forum.

I flashed GB a while back and I decided that I didn't like it, so I reflashed an image that I made of Reborn Rom because it was my most recent backup besides the GB image. I was noticing that I was losing battery at a more rapid rate, but I didn't read into it. This morning, I look at my phone and it hadn't charged all night and it sat at around 20%. So I turn it off so I could use it later tonight to try and figure out this battery problem, and now it won't boot nor is it accepting a charge.

Any ideas? I'm lost.
    When in Rome we shall do as the Romans, when in hell we do shots at the bar.

ROM
    kravens alpha15f CM9

Default Re: Phone seriously crippled.

You did that way wrong...
    You need to revert back to zvd then flash your nandroid

Quote Originally Posted by undertheknif3 View Post
    This problem is a lot different than I've seen after scouring the pages of this forum.

I flashed GB a while back and I decided that I didn't like it, so I reflashed an image that I made of Reborn Rom because it was my most recent backup besides the GB image. I was noticing that I was losing battery at a more rapid rate, but I didn't read into it. This morning, I look at my phone and it hadn't charged all night and it sat at around 20%. So I turn it off so I could use it later tonight to try and figure out this battery problem, and now it won't boot nor is it accepting a charge.

Any ideas? I'm lost.
    When you flashed GB, I'm assuming that took you to the VH radio. At that point, simply flashing an old Froyo based backup would not work as it would put you at a VD ROM on a VH radio (the two need to match). Are you able to get network connectivity at all? I'm not sure if battery issues are also something that happens with a radio/software mismatch, but unless you did the official downgrade process (which also downgrades your radio), you'll need to do that before figuring anything else out.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

ROM
    nRom

The GB rom was ZVD. It was an older rom.
    Punk a$$ b1tcH

I'm gonna assume that the original poster did revert back to ZVD before nandroiding back to Reborn' otherwise, his troubles wouldn't be limited to just charging.

1st make sure the contacts are clean on the charger and phone. These things get clogged with pocket lint like nobody's business and then you won't charge properly. This simple solution may solve all of your problems.

Otherwise try another method of charging like USB to a computer, different wall charger etc., Mini usb chargers are ubiquitous, so rule that out as an issue.

Once you get the phone charging, if you're still not able to boot into the rom, then try booting into xionia (hold home, vol down, power), wipe everything, and restore your nandroid.
    Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch - Elocity A7
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

ROM
    nRom

Again, for the record, the GB rom was old. It was on ZVD. And I just cleaned the port and charger and it seems to be accepting a charge. Turns out it wasn't a software problem, which is nice. Thanks guys!
    Wannabe kewl

Global Posts
    675 Global Posts
    ROM
    Wicked Sensations TW-JB

I had the same problem. It ended up being a borked contact on the phone itself. I keep a copy of the zvd update.zip on my phone just so I can get my phone back to stock (unrooted) without using a computer. Helpful when I have to bring my phone back to Sprint.

Quote Originally Posted by undertheknif3 View Post
    Again, for the record, the GB rom was old. It was on ZVD. And I just cleaned the port and charger and it seems to be accepting a charge. Turns out it wasn't a software problem, which is nice. Thanks guys!
    how was there an old GB ROM?? That may of bern ur problem....
    Wannabe kewl

Global Posts
    675 Global Posts
    ROM
    Wicked Sensations TW-JB

I'm thinking he means CM7, but you know how assumptions go...

Global Posts
    47 Global Posts

Did you try reseating the battery? If you plug in the phone without battery it should at least turn on the screen and complain that the battery is missing. That would at least show that the phone itself is working.

-- Starfox

Ahh - I didn't think of the CM7 ROMs. Nevermind then. Glad to see you figured out your problem.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

ROM
    nRom

Quote Originally Posted by Buddlespit View Post
    I'm thinking he means CM7, but you know how assumptions go...
    Yeah... I realized my mistake last night and didn't correct it. I did mean CM7, not GB. Sorry about that.

same with my phone it was losing battery like nothing like within half an hour my battery would go from full to dead