Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    kusanagi-sama's Avatar

    Posts
    76 Posts
    ROM
    Stock 2.3.4 Android ROM

    Default Reverted to Sprint Stock ROM

    I reverted to stock Sprint ROM on my Optimus S to swap phone numbers with my new phone. Well, everything works except the 1xRTT/3G radio. Wifi and Cellular radios still work though. I flashed three times in total. Once to revert to stock, then again to make sure it took. The third time was because someone said I should in Kraven's CM7.1 thread. Still don't work though.
  2. #2  
    epidenimus's Avatar
    Racer of Elevators

    Posts
    1,139 Posts
    ROM
    Paranoid Android / CM7

    Default Re: Reverted to Sprint Stock ROM

    Just to be clear, which baseband version of stock did you reinstall?

    Also, did you wipe the caches and data before installing?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    kusanagi-sama's Avatar

    Posts
    76 Posts
    ROM
    Stock 2.3.4 Android ROM

    Default Re: Reverted to Sprint Stock ROM

    Quote Originally Posted by epidenimus View Post
    Just to be clear, which baseband version of stock did you reinstall?

    Also, did you wipe the caches and data before installing?
    ZVD baseband, what it was when I got the phone. Also, I wiped the cache and data too.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Reverted to Sprint Stock ROM

    Quote Originally Posted by kusanagi-sama View Post
    I reverted to stock Sprint ROM on my Optimus S to swap phone numbers with my new phone.
    What are you trying to accomplish?

    If your data isn't working do a ##786# reset from the dialer. Make sure you have stock recovery (which you should have if you reverted to stock VD using the Sprint update.zip)

    It'll reset your NVRAM and reprovision your phone. If your phone isn't activated, obviously it won't be able to reprovision your phone.
    [How-To] Rooting LS670ZVH
    Installed ZVH by mistake? Use simple update.zip to revert to ZVD / Froyo
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  
    kusanagi-sama's Avatar

    Posts
    76 Posts
    ROM
    Stock 2.3.4 Android ROM

    Default Re: Reverted to Sprint Stock ROM

    Quote Originally Posted by sfhub View Post
    What are you trying to accomplish?

    If your data isn't working do a ##786# reset from the dialer. Make sure you have stock recovery (which you should have if you reverted to stock VD using the Sprint update.zip)

    It'll reset your NVRAM and reprovision your phone. If your phone isn't activated, obviously it won't be able to reprovision your phone.
    That kind of won't work. It wants a service code to reset. And the phone is activated. I can make calls with it.

    I'll take it to the Sprint store to see what they can do. Since it's all stock now, they won't question anything. I'll just tell them I did a factory reset and the 3G radio quit working.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Reverted to Sprint Stock ROM

    Quote Originally Posted by kusanagi-sama View Post
    That kind of won't work. It wants a service code to reset. And the phone is activated. I can make calls with it.
    I understand, but the reason your 3G doesn't work when your phone otherwise works is one of two reasons
    1) you have the wrong baseband
    2) your NVRAM and provisioning is messed up

    #1 is not your problem if you ran the ZVD update.zip multiple times

    You are left with #2. You can get the service code by simply calling Sprint and asking to speak to tech support. Tell them your phone was not behaving well (specifically data wasn't working and it won't provision) and you were asked to do a ##786# reset, but it is now asking for a code and you are stuck. They'll give you a 6 digit # to enter.
    [How-To] Rooting LS670ZVH
    Installed ZVH by mistake? Use simple update.zip to revert to ZVD / Froyo
  7. #7  
    hlxanthus's Avatar

    Posts
    1,783 Posts
    ROM
    RasbeanJelly/DanteRom v4

    Default

    Keep a record of that number, it is handy to have

    Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  
    kusanagi-sama's Avatar

    Posts
    76 Posts
    ROM
    Stock 2.3.4 Android ROM

    Default Re: Reverted to Sprint Stock ROM

    Quote Originally Posted by sfhub View Post
    I understand, but the reason your 3G doesn't work when your phone otherwise works is one of two reasons
    1) you have the wrong baseband
    2) your NVRAM and provisioning is messed up

    #1 is not your problem if you ran the ZVD update.zip multiple times

    You are left with #2. You can get the service code by simply calling Sprint and asking to speak to tech support. Tell them your phone was not behaving well (specifically data wasn't working and it won't provision) and you were asked to do a ##786# reset, but it is now asking for a code and you are stuck. They'll give you a 6 digit # to enter.
    I used the six digit number they had me use when switching the numbers between the Optimus S and Photon 4G. That six digit number worked to reset it. And hey, it worked!
  9. #9  
    AvantGuard's Avatar

    Posts
    50 Posts
    ROM
    Drew's CM7

    Thumbs up Re: Reverted to Sprint Stock ROM

    I've got the same issue, so now that I;ve got the process down, can I ask what method you used to revert to stock? I'm wanting to take care of this today, but I'm not clear on the best route to take to get to stock so I can update and then re-root.

    Thanks!
    "It's hard to be assertive when you're not wearing any pants."
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Reverted to Sprint Stock ROM

    IMO this would be easiest and cover various different scenarios:
    [How-To] Simplified UNROOT and return to STOCK
    [How-To] Rooting LS670ZVH
    Installed ZVH by mistake? Use simple update.zip to revert to ZVD / Froyo

Posting Permissions

B