Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 15 of 15
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By sarwaria23
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default How to Root Optimus S 2.3.3 HELP

    Ok guys i am new to all this rooting stuff and i have an LG Optimus S 2.3.3 LS670ZVH i read some other threads on how to root it but i dont think they are working for me or im doing them wrong. So if anyone can please tell me how to root my phone step by step with download links and works for 2.3.3 i would greatly appreciate it.
    janasher1 likes this.
  2. #2  

    Default Re: How to Root Optimus S 2.3.3 HELP

    Did you try the automated root in the sticky?

    http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-...pe-needed.html
    [How-To] Rooting LS670ZVH
    Installed ZVH by mistake? Use simple update.zip to revert to ZVD / Froyo
  3. #3  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sfhub View Post
    Did you try the automated root in the sticky?

    http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-...pe-needed.html
    Follow the link that sfhub provided to the sticky thread. There are two different methods to choose from in that thread. Either one will root your phone on 2.3.3. I followed the directions exactly and was rooted within minutes of starting. Absolutely could not be easier. If you encounter any issues just post back in here (or preferrably in the appropriate thread for the method you decide to go with) and sfhub, drewwalton, or one of the other awesome folks here at AC will be happy to help. sfhub answered all of the questions i had quickly and in great detail. Trust me, youre in good hands here.
  4. #4  
    PatrickAkridge's Avatar
    "The Button Pusher"

    Posts
    589 Posts
    Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cold as Ice - CM9 kraven

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sarwaria23 View Post
    Ok guys i am new to all this rooting stuff and i have an LG Optimus S 2.3.3 LS670ZVH i read some other threads on how to root it but i dont think they are working for me or im doing them wrong. So if anyone can please tell me how to root my phone step by step with download links and works for 2.3.3 i would greatly appreciate it.
    I've got the downgrade to 2.2.2 (you can go back to 2.3.7 with kraven's cm7. Lemme know by PM if you want the downgrade.... but yeah....u gotta downgrade to 2.2.2 first.

    Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk
    Please click the like and thanks buttons if/when I help you out... Also, If you like my work, please consider donating. I greatly appreciate it! Donations are via PayPal, and you may use your debit/credit cards, as well as Bank accounts to help me out with the funds of continuing development of the LG Optimus S.

  5. #5  
    blackops1125's Avatar
    Advisor

    Posts
    990 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PatrickAkridge View Post
    I've got the downgrade to 2.2.2 (you can go back to 2.3.7 with kraven's cm7. Lemme know by PM if you want the downgrade.... but yeah....u gotta downgrade to 2.2.2 first.

    Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk
    You do not need to down grade to root ZVH. Just go to the roms,rooting & hacks thread and you can see all the ways to root your phone.


    sent from my CM7/Reborn w/ 1 Gb internal storage Optimus S

    Always happy to help, hit that thanks button if I did
    Current Device(s): Motorola Droid Razr
    Previous Device(s): LG Optimus S
    Always happy to help out, Just remember to hit that thanks button!
  6. #6  

    Default Re: How to Root Optimus S 2.3.3 HELP

    How do you downgrade? Back to 2.2
  7. #7  

    Default Re: How to Root Optimus S 2.3.3 HELP

    I just received the second round of new updates for Sprint's LG Optimus S (2.3.3). Now Gingersnap will no longer work on it. Any suggestions?
  8. #8  
    hlxanthus's Avatar

    Posts
    1,790 Posts
    ROM
    RasbeanJelly/DanteRom v4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rshewmaker View Post
    I just received the second round of new updates for Sprint's LG Optimus S (2.3.3). Now Gingersnap will no longer work on it. Any suggestions?
    At this point there is no known root. Heck the devs haven't even gotten ahold of it yet. If root is important roll back to zvd or zvh baseband.
  9. #9  

    Default Re: How to Root Optimus S 2.3.3 HELP

    Took half a day but reverting back factory settings and then following Deez2000 instructions (http://bit.ly/IQwaYU) I was able to have a rooted 2.3.3 version. It's glitchy on somethings, but was nice to do before throwing this phone away when contract is up.
  10. #10  
    ikeywatson's Avatar

    Posts
    184 Posts
    ROM
    jellybeanLIH leak

    Default Re: How to Root Optimus S 2.3.3 HELP

    Quote Originally Posted by rshewmaker View Post
    Took half a day but reverting back factory settings and then following Deez2000 instructions (http://bit.ly/IQwaYU) I was able to have a rooted 2.3.3 version. It's glitchy on somethings, but was nice to do before throwing this phone away when contract is up.
    donate or sell it ,to one of the devs
  11. #11  

    Default Re: How to Root Optimus S 2.3.3 HELP

    There are just too many minor annoyances that I don't know if I, the update, or the hack is causing on the optimus.
  12. #12  

    Default Re: How to Root Optimus S 2.3.3 HELP

    I only have a Macbook and all of the threads are for Windows so can anyone help me on how to root lg optimus s 2.3.3 with a Macbook?
  13. #13  

    Default Re: How to Root Optimus S 2.3.3 HELP

    Follow the instructions here:
    [How-To] Manual Rooting of LS670ZVH/ZVJ (+ links to root ZVD/ZV9)

    For steps that say install.bat, please replace with

    adb push copy2sd /sdcard/

    You'll need adb installed. Please understand that they weren't written specifically for Mac (so the instructions may not be perfect) but it should be close enough that you can figure out what to do.
    [How-To] Rooting LS670ZVH
    Installed ZVH by mistake? Use simple update.zip to revert to ZVD / Froyo
  14. #14  
    jonny5449's Avatar
    AC Citizen

    Posts
    2,571 Posts
    ROM
    Cm7/Cm9/Cm10

    Default

    Use sons of korhal

    Cm9
    787 MHz
    Hydro kernel
    Amphetamines
  15. #15  

    Default Re: How to Root Optimus S 2.3.3 HELP

    Thank u very much

Posting Permissions