[ANNOUNCEMENT] HydroROM is in development!

Status
Not open for further replies.

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT:

Team Hydro is proud to announce the start of development for our flagship ROM, HydroROM! This ROM combines some of the tweaks, customizations and features from Your Mom ROM, as well as some of our special sauce.

What special sauce?
1) Reboot mod (reboot and recovery in power menu) included, does not cause bootloops like it did when included with Your Mom ROM.
2) Notification power widgets, pretty standard. We chose the widgets we believe will be most used based on our experiences. Includes Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, Sound and Airplane Mode.
3) Below the notification power widgets is a neat brightness slider. The brightness setting gets retained across reboots. There is also a "Fixed" checkbox that locks the slider to prevent accidental changes.
4) The notification drop-down has been slightly redesigned. The Carrier label has been removed completely as it has no real function, and in our opinion is a waste of valuable screen space. The Clear notifications button has been repositioned to display below the notifications (as opposed to at the bottom of the notification drop-down).
5) All of the notification toggles now have long-press actions. For example if you long-press the Wi-Fi toggle, you get taken directly to the Wi-Fi Settings screen. Long-press the Bluetooth toggle and you get the Bluetooth Settings screen. In testing this feature, I've found it MOST useful and definitely beats having to scroll and tap through menus upon menus.
6) More to come!

In-development Screenshot(s):
Main_screen_hydro.png
notification_dropdown.png
settings_app.png

HydroROM 1.0 Beta 1 Video Preview
Thanks to AC member and donator ColdRush for this!
Since the embedded video keeps getting somehow removed from this post, here is a direct YouTube link: Optimus S - HydroROM 1.0 Beta 1 - YouTube

What is this thread for?
You may use this thread for discussion about the future development of HydroROM, as well as to provide suggestions on things we can do with HydroROM! We want to make this ROM the greatest ROM the Optimus S has ever run and we cannot do it without you!

How can you help us?
1) Make suggestions and reasonable requests of things you might like to see in the ROM.
2) Donate! All donators will receive special pre-release builds once beta testing begins. If you choose to donate, please send an email to hydrobeta@teamhydro.net with your PayPal transaction/donation ID for further instructions.

Click the image/button below to donate to Team Hydro!

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=WB4S4WRM2FDW4

Last edited:

tmeader

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Is it possible to take the sound toggle out of the dropdown menu and just make the remaining ones larger? Unless it's changed, won't the "silent mode" toggle still be in the power menu? That seems redundant. I've found it MUCH easier to hit the buttons when there's only 4 up there, that's just about the perfect width for me. Great to here the useless carrier ID line is being removed though, always wondered why that was so huge/there at all. Really looking forward to this, thanks for the whole team's hard work :)

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

digitallove

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm really digging your mom rom right now, but I do miss the gps toggle from the drop down that was in reborn, so I'm looking forwards to that! and having the recovery boot option from the get-go is awesome too.

I loved the launcher from reborn, with 4 spots to customize instead of 2. I'm using go launcher now and while it's really customizeable, I liked being able to have categories in the app drawer instead of folders like in the lg launcher, so that would be a best of both worlds thing for me, if it's possible.

oh, oh, and a sleeker boot animation with the rom's name would be nice too. I kind of cringe at the font on the your mom one.

I'm really looking forwards to this rom! thanks for all your hard work!

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like you are off to a great start. Keep us up to date. One thing i look for in a rom is customization. Between cm7 and launcher pro i can completely make my phone my own. I know that level of changes is likely not possible, but possible some form of theme chooser would be nice.

aaronrw

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
So just three more days until a HydroRom release perhaps? I left kravens cm7 and went to zvh JUST in anticipation of this ROM. Can't wait to see what team Hydro has grown for us in this one! Thanks a MILLION! YourMomRom rocks by the way. Maybe the ability to change lock screens added?

blackout198

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT:

Team Hydro is proud to announce the start of development for our flagship ROM, HydroROM! This ROM combines some of the tweaks, customizations and features from Your Mom ROM, as well as some of our special sauce.

What special sauce?
1) Reboot mod (reboot and recovery in power menu) included, does not cause bootloops like it did when included with Your Mom ROM.
2) Notification power widgets, pretty standard. We chose the widgets we believe will be most used based on our experiences. Includes Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, Sound and Airplane Mode.
3) Below the notification power widgets is a neat brightness slider. The brightness setting gets retained across reboots. There is also a "Fixed" checkbox that locks the slider to prevent accidental changes.
4) The notification drop-down has been slightly redesigned. The Carrier label has been removed completely as it has no real function, and in our opinion is a waste of valuable screen space. The Clear notifications button has been repositioned to display below the notifications (as opposed to at the bottom of the notification drop-down).
5) More to come!

In-development Screenshot(s):
Click to view quoted image

What is this thread for?
You may use this thread for discussion about the future development of HydroROM, as well as to provide suggestions on things we can do with HydroROM! We want to make this ROM the greatest ROM the Optimus S has ever run and we cannot do it without you!

It would be awesome if in the settings menu we could customize the notification power control widgets and one thing i have wanted the most is Face Unlock! Thanks guys for the development and keep it up!

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Is it possible to take the sound toggle out of the dropdown menu and just make the remaining ones larger? Unless it's changed, won't the "silent mode" toggle still be in the power menu? That seems redundant. I've found it MUCH easier to hit the buttons when there's only 4 up there, that's just about the perfect width for me. Great to here the useless carrier ID line is being removed though, always wondered why that was so huge/there at all. Really looking forward to this, thanks for the whole team's hard work :)

At this time, we are still working on the notification toggles, so the screenshot I have posted should be considered experimental. I won't say exactly what we're doing with the notification toggles, but everyone is going to need new underwear when we're done :p

And yes, I completely agree about the carrier label. It doesn't actually do anything and honestly my phone already has a Sprint logo on it.

So just three more days until a HydroRom release perhaps? I left kravens cm7 and went to zvh JUST in anticipation of this ROM. Can't wait to see what team Hydro has grown for us in this one! Thanks a MILLION! YourMomRom rocks by the way. Maybe the ability to change lock screens added?

There isn't an ETA, so I can't really tell you when it'll be released. It's ready when it's ready. Also, lockscreen changing is MUCH more difficult than you can possibly imagine. It involves editing, adding and deleting literally hundreds if not thousands of lines of dalvik assembly code. While I would really like to port a few lockscreens over, it's just not on the roadmap at this point.

It would be awesome if in the settings menu we could customize the notification power control widgets and one thing i have wanted the most is Face Unlock! Thanks guys for the development and keep it up!

Notification power widget customization is being looked into, but the current framework we have ported to the Optimus simply does not allow for end-user customization. An alternative is in the works, and we think everyone will be really excited about what we're working on.

Face Unlock, eh? Not in the cards. I know you're probably half-joking about it, but on a serious note adding a Face Unlock feature would be crazy hard, if not downright impossible. If only....

Last edited:

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
We're also getting ready to release an entirely new breed of ROM. It's not CM7, it's not MIUI and it's not based on the official ZVH software either.

More info on that soon.

According to another post and topic from drew, it is NOT based on stock sprint. My guess is true and pure gingerbread for a true android experience. Any way, what ever you folks roll out will rock, i have no doubt !!

aaronrw

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for responding so quickly. I can't imagine what Hydro ROM has in store:D but I got my extra underwear ready...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcl678