Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Unhappy Might have bricked my Optimus V, can one of you save the day?

First off, sorry if this is in the wrong forum, please feel free to move it.

I've been using my rooted LG Optimus V for a while now with no problems, until now. I made the mistake of factory wiping my phone from the privacy menu and now it seems to be rebooting in an infinite loop. It only gets to the LG logo or a black screen.

I can't:
    • access recovery mode
    • access the phone with adb
    • get a recovery image to load after placing a .img and flash_image in the sdcard root

I can:
    • access emergency mode

When plugged in to my computer, the phone seems to connect for a split second, only to disappear as it reboots. I've tried spamming adb commands, but the phone never seems to register itself in time before rebooting again.

Does anyone have any ideas? I'd really appreciate it.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Might have bricked my Optimus V, can one of you save the day?

I don't know if this will help but here are the devices that appear for about a second:

Question Re: Might have bricked my Optimus V, can one of you save the day?

Check the stickies there's a thread for it may find help there.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Unfortunately, I can't seem to get into any sort of recovery menu. The phone doesn't go there on its own, and holding down the button combo doesn't seem to work either. I haven't been able to find a solution since they all rely on recovery or adb access.
    #sarcasm

ROM
    kraven CM9 / LeWa Alpha 3

you can access e-mode? theres a thread around here detailing how to unbrick from e-mode. i would assume the commands are the same from the S to the V, just finding the files may be trickier....
    AC Citizen

ROM
    Cm7/Cm9/Cm10

follow this link [Custom Recovery] Xionia Clockwork (CWMA v1.2518.6) the flash the image through your computer and when turning on hold down
    volume down
    home
    power
    wait till lg logo is gone then let go of the buttons. it may take a while then it will have a recovery screen go back to factory settings if you follow these steps it should be pretty easy to unbrick your phone then dont download roms unless your absolutly sure they wont brick your phone i know this from experience

Global Posts
    47 Global Posts

The V is different from the S, so trying to follow procedures for the S may not work. In particular the hardbutton for Home and Menu is swapped, and I don't know how the different recoveries handle that.

-- Starfox