Virus installed?

carole6m

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Have you been to deviantart.com? I got the win7 home security 2012 virus there twice and once somewhere else. I'm good with computers and my windows and antivirus are up to date. The virus is new and updates everyday.

aceinet

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Honestly I can't recall going to any strange or unusual sites that could install a virus. But the virus has been removed and the modded Optimus S appears to be working just fine. Several phone calls, text messages and plenty of internet usage today with no problems.

carole6m

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Honestly I can't recall going to any strange or unusual sites that could install a virus. But the virus has been removed and the modded Optimus S appears to be working just fine. Several phone calls, text messages and plenty of internet usage today with no problems.
The last time I got a virus attack was more than 7 years ago and I go to all kinds of websites for work and I never caught a thing. But in the past week I got the same fake AV virus 3 times! All from well-known sites.Twice on deviantart which is a very popular site that I use to go to download wallpapers and stuff. And this virus doesn't need you to click on anything. I was just browsing and it installed and popped up a fake scanning window. Avast Pro gave me a warning and said it blocked the page but my computer still got infected. It's not hard to remove but it takes a lot of time and if you miss something it'll come back very soon.

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Here's how you get rid of your virus:

1. Backup your important files and media to an external drive, USB flash drive, or DVD.

2. Download an iso file of a free quality operating system, such as LinuxMint and burn it to a DVD/CD.

2. Format and partition your HDD using your tool of choice.

3. Install the quality operating system.

4. Reboot.

5. Restore your backed up files and media.

6. Enjoy!

bweb

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
You might want to get some AntiVirus protection. Just because you think your computer is fine doesn't mean it is.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

^ this.

you can get malware/viruses just by going to the wrong website, worms from your local network, who knows what holes someone will go through?

side note, consider running a virtual machine to do your web browsing. I know its overkill, but every time you pop open a new VM, its like a new clean PC, let them come, infest, then revert. :)

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Seriously, you need some type of protection. It will at least make it easier to trace things back and many softwares have the ability to remove malicious content. And keep a clean image of your OS on hand and up-to-date. If more Windows users made a nandroid before surfing into oblivion, people like me would be able to learn more skills. :D

Creverex

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
I've gotten the same issue twice. I got rid of that rogue trojan by following these steps:
Remove Win 7 Antispyware 2012 and Vista Antivirus 2012 name changing rogue (Uninstall Guide)

I downloaded the Android SDK and then the Java SE JDK and scanned them both with malwarebytes and ad-aware. But I think the problem is when I tried to install the Android 4.0.3 and 2.3.3 packages in the Android SDK Manager. Is there any way to check those to see if those files or the host site has been hacked?

I'm still new to all of this, so I'm not sure how to narrow my search down any further or how to contact the host server to let them know of this issue.

Any ideas?

PatrickAkridge

"The Button Pusher"
Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I've gotten the same issue twice. I got rid of that rogue trojan by following these steps:
Remove Win 7 Antispyware 2012 and Vista Antivirus 2012 name changing rogue (Uninstall Guide)

I downloaded the Android SDK and then the Java SE JDK and scanned them both with malwarebytes and ad-aware. But I think the problem is when I tried to install the Android 4.0.3 and 2.3.3 packages in the Android SDK Manager. Is there any way to check those to see if those files or the host site has been hacked?

I'm still new to all of this, so I'm not sure how to narrow my search down any further or how to contact the host server to let them know of this issue.

Any ideas?

If they come from Google, they are likely not virus filled... you can just do a full scan to check.. on your C:/ drive, there is the folder containing the SDK.. just scan that whole folder with the scanner..

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

ShadowEO

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Windows Antispyware 20xx (and it's variants) are both spyware and scare-ware, fake anti-malware solutions which get installed through a process called drive-by downloading. DeviantArt, The roms here, etc aren't what's giving it to you. It could be a bad advertisement from one of the site's ad providers, a poisoned DNS record which re-directs you to it, an exploit in your OS's security, etc. Infection is through an exploit in the browsers which allow for unsigned/signed (usually unallowed) code to be downloaded and run using JavaScript in these fake pop-ups. So I must repeat, Android Central and DeviantArt are not the sites that give you this Malware, infact some malware can be installed the minute you connect your computer to the internet without even opening your browser just by exploiting vulnerabilities within your OS. The only way you can avoid this is by having a good firewall and a good proactive AntiVirus (On-Access scanner, Web Scanner, etc, I recommend AVG or Avast!)

I would suggest installing SpyBot S&D and using the Immunize option. This will add most of these URLs which install the Malware to your hosts file.

I've actually tangled with Windows Antivirus/Antispyware 2010 & 2011 on my mom's PC, it really is a horrible piece of malware. Ended up needing a complete re-install of Windows to get rid of it.

It should also be worth noting that the page itself usually doesn't install the Malware if you are using a good browser (Chrome, Firefox, etc.) and instead relies on the user to believe the scare (with a "realistic" scanning animation) so they will click to "clean" and then end up installing the actual malware. So as long as you don't see any weird out of place "Security Center" icons in your system tray, you should be alright.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz