Easiest way to re-activate Optimus S wit ha custom ROM?

imekul

Sep 22, 2009
Visit site
I have an Optimus S with CM7. It seems like the "Update Profile" option is gone from the settings. This is a problem because I'm trying to activate it on a different line now.

Can anybody think of the easiest way to activate this phone on another number without reverting back to stock and re-rooting?

ccrs8

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
I have an Optimus S with CM7. It seems like the "Update Profile" option is gone from the settings. This is a problem because I'm trying to activate it on a different line now.

Can anybody think of the easiest way to activate this phone on another number without reverting back to stock and re-rooting?

1) Nandroid backup your current CM7
2) wipe and flash any VD-based ROM (ReBorn, ShellROM, et). These ROMS based on Sprint's code have the Update Profile menu item.
3) Once activated on the different line, restore from CM7 backup

imekul

Sep 22, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestions.

I had success activating on ShellROM, but for some reason data will not work. I've updated profile, done hands free activation, RTN'd, reflashed, but it won't work! The hands free activation keeps failing.

What other ROMs are VD-based? Or do you have any other suggestions for how to get this to fully activate?

On3wheels

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
what about the optis that came with zvh out of the box? Would you still revert to ZVD? I thought that a sprint based ROM had to be used... Like reborn or yourmomROM depending on stock baseband. Mine is zvd....huhhuhhuh, you said vd.... And when I reactivated I used reborn. I use it anytime I have to deal with customer service. and No troubles, reborn is awesone like that.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11