Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By notebooko
  • 2 Post By epidenimus
  • 1 Post By Va1ha11a
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Cyanogenmod 9.1.0

Default Best (or highest recommended) ROM for Optimus S

so i have had my phone rooted for a little while but have still been iffy on what ROM to install on my phone and was wondering what everyone recommends, i dont do much on my phone except for playing a couple games, internet, and phone purposes, i do have fun fiddling with customization and such though and i like things that boosts the phone's performance, thanks in advance for recommendations guys
    Racer of Elevators

Global Posts
    1,139 Global Posts
    ROM
    Paranoid Android / CM7

Default Re: Best (or highest recommended) ROM for Optimus S

What baseband are you running (e.g. ZVD or ZVH)?

Have you installed a custom recovery yet?

Global Posts
    2,539 Global Posts
    ROM
    HydroROM

Regardless of baseband, this is a really loaded question. Honestly, just try them all and see which one works best for you.

damn you been here all summer and this is your first post go figure
    Thanked by:
    Troll Headhunter

ROM
    Drew's CMX/Stock/Stock

If you're running zvd, I'm pretty sure the only alive ROM is kraven's cm7.for zvh, things are a little more complicated. To flash anything, though, you NEED a custom recovery.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

ROM
    Cyanogenmod 9.1.0

wow thanks for all the replies first off guys but ya i haven't posted much just been lurking XD , anywho i have ZVH and i rooted using this tutorial http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-...rt-needed.html , and i was basically asking for recommendations on either what to use or try cause i know there are SEVERAL to try

ROM
    LeWa/Bobzhome

I have tried all the ROMs for ZVH, I liked them all.

First, performance wise gROM, HydroROM, and YourMomROM are all about equal because they all utilize or can utilize @drewwalton19216801 's amazing kernel and can be over clocked.

Features wise I preferred YourMomROM because of the pull down power options. HydroROM was perhaps just a touch too blue, but I loved the backgroud that came with it. The Blue was fine at first but got to me after about a week. gROM is great because it comes "preloaded" with flash, but any of the other ROMs will run flash just download and side load the .apk. That's my $.02 anyway.

If you get the chance try them all, the devs put a lot of hard work into their ROMs and all of them make this phone way more awesome than it was ever intended to be.
    DROID Master

Global Posts
    796 Global Posts
    ROM

gROM has a great boot animation, loads looking like pure gingerbread and uses a stock launcher. Plenty of themes available. YourMOM has an LG launcher and the toggle pulldowns. No themes for YourMOM though.
    [
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

ROM
    Cyanogenmod 9.1.0

Quote Originally Posted by twtippets View Post

First, performance wise gROM, HydroROM, and YourMomROM are all about equal because they all utilize or can utilize @drewwalton19216801 's amazing kernel and can be over clocked.

Features wise I preferred YourMomROM because of the pull down power options. HydroROM was perhaps just a touch too blue, but I loved the backgroud that came with it. The Blue was fine at first but got to me after about a week. gROM is great because it comes "preloaded" with flash, but any of the other ROMs will run flash just download and side load the .apk. That's my $.02 anyway.

If you get the chance try them all, the devs put a lot of hard work into their ROMs and all of them make this phone way more awesome than it was ever intended to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by telemike View Post
    gROM has a great boot animation, loads looking like pure gingerbread and uses a stock launcher. Plenty of themes available. YourMOM has an LG launcher and the toggle pulldowns. No themes for YourMOM though.

thanks so much for the help guys, i'll most likely be trying YourMOM ROM and gROM, i'll see how they go
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

ROM
    Cyanogenmod 9.1.0

went ahead and did the YourMOM ROM first, i already love it, if i ever feel like trying new features i'll try gROM and some others, thanks again guys
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by twtippets View Post

I was running gROM and changed over to Your Mom... I miss the flash already. How can I move the apk. from one ROM to another?

thekraven's CM7.2 is amazing. I was on gRom and YourMom Rom too but I personally prefers thekraven's.
    Va1ha11a likes this.
    Advisor

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy547 View Post
    I was running gROM and changed over to Your Mom... I miss the flash already. How can I move the apk. from one ROM to another?
    Just install adobe flash that is available in the fourms. Right now I am running 10.2 but plan on updating to 11.0

sent from my CM7/Reborn w/ 1 Gb internal storage Optimus S

Always happy to help, hit that thanks button if I did
    Current Device(s): Motorola Droid Razr
    Previous Device(s): LG Optimus S
    Always happy to help out, Just remember to hit that thanks button!
    Wannabe kewl

Global Posts
    675 Global Posts
    ROM
    Wicked Sensations TW-JB

Quote Originally Posted by blackops1125 View Post
    Right now I am running 10.2 but plan on updating to 11.0
    I tried 11.0 on my CM7 and found that 10.2 seems to work better on my phone... not as laggy/glitchy.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

ROM
    Cyanogenmod 9.1.0

Quote Originally Posted by Buddlespit View Post
    I tried 11.0 on my CM7 and found that 10.2 seems to work better on my phone... not as laggy/glitchy.
    ya, i haven't tried 11 personally but i know with Stock ROM and YourMom ROM 10.2 works perfectly fine for me

Question Re: Best (or highest recommended) ROM for Optimus S

i had someone root my optimus s. now im not so sure i trust the D. bag I have no idea what im doing when it comes to this can anyone help?

Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    ROM
    CougarCougar's CM 7.2

Been pretty happy with Your Mom ROM, it's been pretty smooth and not buggy.
    Racer of Elevators

Global Posts
    1,139 Global Posts
    ROM
    Paranoid Android / CM7

Quote Originally Posted by bobby12jr View Post
    i had someone root my optimus s. now im not so sure i trust the D. bag I have no idea what im doing when it comes to this can anyone help?
    You should go to a community forum (such as AndroidCentral.com) that has loads of information about the device, custom recoveries and ROMs, and an extensive user base. When you get there, be sure to ignore all of the resources, call someone they don't know names, and then just ask ambiguous questions in any thread you please. Or you could be a reader. Just sayin'...
    Last edited by epidenimus; 01-31-2012 at 07:10 AM.
    AC Citizen

ROM
    Cm7/Cm9/Cm10

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy547 View Post
    if you have winrar than just enter the zip file and move the adobe flash to desktop and then install the apk to your phone i did it in 3 seconds.
    Troll Headhunter

ROM
    Drew's CMX/Stock/Stock

Quote Originally Posted by bobby12jr View Post
    learn as much as you can about rooting, roms, kernals, recoveries, themes, android in general as you can.

google is your friend.
    Thanked by:
    notebooko likes this.