Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Cool Yet another Netflix [Fix] thread

    I began yesterday attempting to find a fix for Netflix for the Optimus S and mostly found old threads that gave no solution to the current Netflix update check problem as well as the syncing issue. The current situation is the new version of Netflix is unwatchable due to the audio being at normal speed and the video playing slower than normal. The other issue is that older versions of Netflix force you to update otherwise it exits the app.

    **It is important to understand I have done all my testing on YourMomRom 1.1, so please reply with your rom and the results of using this fix.

    I have gone through many versions of Netflix from 1.2.2 up to 1.6.0 the current. 1.2.2 on the optimus s has discoloration and a green bar atop the screen. Any versions newer than 1.4.1 produce syncing issues described earlier.

    My conclusion is that Netflix 1.4.1 is the best bet for our phone because:
    a) There is no discoloration or green bar
    b) It has the best sync between the audio/video

    Here is a link to
    or here:

    Edit: I have tried some 1.4.1 Netflix apk files that have the update check removed, however, they too have sync issue. I'll attach the actual file that fixed my sync issue.

    Here are the instructions to get past the update check:

    1. Turn Airplane mode on
    2. Start Netflix app - Wait for "no connection" error
    3. Turn Airplane mode off
    4. Tap "Retry" until Netflix connects again
    5. Enjoy!

    This process must be repeated everytime you switch to another app or go out of the netflix app.

    Sorry I originally forgot to post these instructions.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by NewPollution; 01-26-2012 at 10:05 AM. Reason: further instruction
    Thanked by 2:
  2. #2  
    xplode196's Avatar

    Posts
    235 Posts
    ROM
    FreeGS3

    Default Re: Yet another Netflix [Fix] thread

    Will this make us force update? Or can I just install it normally and it'll work fine?
    Remember to "Thank" people who help you out!
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Yet another Netflix [Fix] thread

    Quote Originally Posted by xplode196 View Post
    Will this make us force update? Or can I just install it normally and it'll work fine?
    This is to get around the force update. By turning airplane mode on your phone has no network connection and Netflix App cannot look for an update. Instead, Netflix in airplane mode gives you an alternate error: "Connection failed. If you want to retry..." Now when you disable airplane mode Netflix update has successfully been circumvented, and voila! Netflix 1.4.1 loads with out update.

    Sorry my OP didn't include the instructions. Thanks for bringing my attention to this. I'll fix it right away
    Last edited by NewPollution; 01-26-2012 at 10:11 AM.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Yet another Netflix [Fix] thread

    Here is a link to all different Stock netflix apps with update checks disabled. They work great on my phone without asking me to update. I think I have 1.3.0 installed.

    Last edited by kellsarah; 01-26-2012 at 02:04 PM.
    Thanked by:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: Yet another Netflix [Fix] thread

    Quote Originally Posted by kellsarah View Post
    Here is a link to all different Stock netflix apps with update checks disabled. They work great on my phone without asking me to update. I think I have 1.3.0 installed.

    Thanks I'll get to work on testing these. So far, I've tested 11 different files some with update check disabled. So far I come back to the only one that has rid me of sync issues, which you would find attached in my OP. I'll keep this thread updated on my results.

    BTW, you say you think you have 1.3.0 Netflix. Could you check in Manage Apps to be sure which version you have. Also, what rom are you using?

    Edit: I have tried all of the versions found in your link. Results: 1.2.2=Green bar others=bad sync.. Again my op has attached 1.4.1 file that does not have update check hacked, however, it can still be used via airplane mode trick. Additionally, it syncs properly. For me at least. I still await others who will try it out and post their results as well as what rom they use.
    Last edited by NewPollution; 01-26-2012 at 03:53 PM. Reason: additional information
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Yet another Netflix [Fix] thread

    It is actually 1.2.2 anything newer seems to have audio sync issues.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default Re: Yet another Netflix [Fix] thread

    Quote Originally Posted by kellsarah View Post
    It is actually 1.2.2 anything newer seems to have audio sync issues.
    Hence this thread Do you get the green bar when you watch Netflix from 1.2.2? If so, try the attached file and enjoy clearer picture and better sync
    Last edited by NewPollution; 01-26-2012 at 05:57 PM.
  8. #8  
    twtippets's Avatar

    Posts
    122 Posts
    ROM
    LeWa/Bobzhome

    Default Re: Yet another Netflix [Fix] thread

    I had been trying to find a solution for months!. Thanks for this!
  9. #9  
    xplode196's Avatar

    Posts
    235 Posts
    ROM
    FreeGS3

    Default Re: Yet another Netflix [Fix] thread

    Hmm testing this out on Your-Mom Rom 1.1...1.4.1 seems to still have some audio sync issues. I'll test out 1.2.2 and see how it goes

    Edit: 1.2.2 syncs fine, but has a green bar on the top for me
    Last edited by xplode196; 01-26-2012 at 08:33 PM. Reason: More info
    Remember to "Thank" people who help you out!
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

    Default Re: Yet another Netflix [Fix] thread

    Quote Originally Posted by xplode196 View Post
    Hmm testing this out on Your-Mom Rom 1.1...1.4.1 seems to still have some audio sync issues. I'll test out 1.2.2 and see how it goes

    Edit: 1.2.2 syncs fine, but has a green bar on the top for me
    Sorry to make things so confusing but did you try the attached file? I posted 2 links and 1 attached file. Although they are all 1.4.1, for what ever reason I think the attach file is the only one that works properly. Here is the attached file again let me know if this one helps your sync issue.
    Attached Files Attached Files
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

    Default Re: Yet another Netflix [Fix] thread

    Quote Originally Posted by twtippets View Post
    I had been trying to find a solution for months!. Thanks for this!
    Glad I could help

    BTW did you use the attached file or one of the links.. also what rom are you using?
  12. #12  
    xplode196's Avatar

    Posts
    235 Posts
    ROM
    FreeGS3

    Default Re: Yet another Netflix [Fix] thread

    Yeah the attached file had syncing issues still
    Remember to "Thank" people who help you out!
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

    Default Re: Yet another Netflix [Fix] thread

    Quote Originally Posted by xplode196 View Post
    Yeah the attached file had syncing issues still
    One last suggestion for you. Because I have noticed syncing issue with same file. Try this:

    1. clear data for netflix app that is currently installed.
    2. uninstall netflix app.
    3. Reboot phone.
    4. Install from one of the files provided in this thread and do not open netflix until after another reboot.
    5. Restart phone.

    Try netflix again using the airplane mode... Otherwise... all I can say is try 1.3 netflix... or just keep trying over and over. That is how I came to find one that worked for my phone. Good luck!
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Yet another Netflix [Fix] thread

    I have a admire rooted and with the 1.8 update we all lost netflix. I tried all back versions and colors. then i found 1.5.1. Booyea it worked perfect except it asks if I would update and just press no. no need to tweek out with airplane mode. I also watch with 3g without buffering or using wifi.
  15. #15  

    Default

    Netflix app devs wrote me to say that the zvj update blocked access to hardware rendering for them. Hence the slow video. I asked of they were planning a fix, they said no.
    Current Netflix versoon works great on froyo. Ultra keyboard provides text nav that zvj update has over zvd. I am sticking with zvd

    Problem seems to be baseband, not netflix.
  16. #16  

    Default

    Ok I tried the airplane mode glitch but once I press retry I just get a blank screen. Help?

    Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Posting Permissions

B